Nintendo Pokémon 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

They're putting WAY too much focus on Red. I dislike that he's taking the place of other protagonists.

This pretty much means we won't get to see him be fought on Mt. Silver by Lyra or Kris or Ethan, which kinda stinks. People have been wanting to see what team Ethan had. It wrongly shafts the protagonists of the games (a bad habit in Pokémon, I mean, where's Leaf?)

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I love the idea of Red and I understand why they use him over the others, but so I completely agree. Same things with Ash. I would've preferred an ongoing series with Ash but another series actually using the game's protagonists for each generation.

3. Rhyagella Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't mind, really. I enjoyed Origins and haven't enjoyed the main series since I was a small child. A new focus, even if it has been done before or there are other perspectives to focus on.

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

This. I've been wanting two separate anime for years, but the closest they've come is Pokemon Special.

I know they attempted to do a rotating cast with Pokemon Chronicles, but Chronicles was kind of... not good.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If you're signed up for the newsletter, you'll have noticed that no codes have as of yet been sent. The Pokémon Company has changed plans; if you go to Via Serial Code from the Mystery Gift menu, you can instead enter the code Darkrai20 for North America, or Darkrai2016 for Europe to download your Darkrai until October 31. Again, if you've already received Darkrai from the event earlier this year, you will not be able to participate in this.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Keldeo event is live!

[​IMG]

Don't worry about saddling up to go anywhere; you can get Keldeo from the comfort of your own home via Nintendo Network! Just access Mystery Gift from the main menu of your copy of X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire, then select Receive Gift, and then Get Via Internet.

Also, the Volcanion distribution at GameStop is confirmed to run from October 10 to October 31!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Wow, they're really going all out for this anniversary. I still can't believe it's been 20 years already. I remember playing red and blue on the gameboy color like it was just yesterday. Did I misread or is Red finally getting his actual own anime?

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If you missed out on the Hoopa distribution in North America, good news! You can enter the serial code 2016HOOPA on the Mystery Gift menu to download one! This distribution ends on Sunday, October 9, so pick one up soon!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Genesect event is live!

[​IMG]

Get ready to drive to your nearest retailer, because this one's a serial code event:

• USA: GameStop
    • Canada: EBGames
    • UK: GAME
    • Australia & New Zealand: EBGames
    • Spain: GAME
    • Germany: GameStop
    • France: Micromania
    • Italy: GameStop
    • Belgium: Game Mania, FNAC CORA, Smartoys
    • Austria: GameStop
    • Netherlands: Game Mania
    • Finland, Sweden, Norway, & Denmark: BR Stores
    • Switzerland: GameStop
    • Portugal: FNAC Stores
    • South Africa: BT Games

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Meloetta event, the last of the 20th Anniversary distributions, is live!

[​IMG]

Sing for joy--you can get this one from the warmth of your home via Nintendo Network! Access Mystery Gift from the main menu of your copy of X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire, then select Receive Gift, then Get Via Internet.

Also, if you missed out on the Arceus event back in August, you've got a second chance now! Go to Mystery Gift and input the password ARCEUS20 if you're in North America, or ARCEUS2016 in Europe to claim your Arceus! Note that these codes will only work if you haven't already obtained the 20th Anniversary Arceus.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016