Nintendo Pokémon Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 25, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Magearna will be distributed for Sun and Moon via QR code starting on December 5! The code will be available on the official Pokémon website, but only players who have beaten the game will be able to receive Magearna.

source

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The special Munchlax distribution is live! The event goes until January 11, so make sure you grab your Munchlax when you can!

Remember, this event is the only way to get the Snorlium Z item, which allows Snorlax to use an exclusive Z-Move.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Festival Plaza's first global mission is live! You can participate by talking to the woman at the right counter inside the castle to activate Game Sync with the Global Link. This first mission is to catch as many wild Pokémon as you can by December 13; if everyone participating around the world manages to rack up a collective 100 million captures during this period, everyone who participated will receive 1,000 Festival Coins! Even if the goal isn't met, participants will still receive 100 Festival Coins.

Get Game Sync-ing, and get catching!

source

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

For any music lovers, the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Super Music Collection is available to purchase now on iTunes! The album contains 169 tracks for $9.99/£7.99.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Magearna event is live in North America! Click here for the QR code as well as instructions on how to receive Magearna!

The event will start for Europe tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

European players, you can now find the Magearna QR code on the Pokémon TV app! or right here if you don't want to download an app

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Thought I'd throw my two cents on the game here:

I love GSC/HGSS the most, but Sun and Moon have come to a really close second. Alola has so much personality, from the characters, the setting, the Pokemon -- it feels much more alive in a way that Kalos and remake!Hoenn in the 6th gen didn't to me. The trial captains reminded me of the Black/White Gym Leaders in how involved they were, but it feels like they were even more present and really cared about your journey through the island challenge. Progressing through it felt less like an obligation and more like a rite of passage, and gave off a sense of maturation I haven't really felt from a mainline Pokemon game before.

Plot wise, IT WAS LITERALLY KILL LA KILL LMAO, I LOVE IT.

The family angle between Lusamine and Gladion/Lillie (Satsuki/Ryuko tbh) was much more grounded than the usual "legendary pokemon threaten the world" plot we've had since Gen. 3 (with certain exceptions). Having Lillie, and Gladion to an extent, be with us from the beginning of the journey ave you a personal stake in them trying to overcome and save their mother, and Lillie is honestly one of the, if not the, best character Pokemon's done to date so far.

The final fight in the Pokemon League made me smile so much. It really hammered home the significance of your victory in the League and what that meant for both you as a player (finishing your rite) and what it meant for Kukui -- we helped him achieve a dream he's been vying after since his trial days. Honestly my absolute favorite part of the Leaue has to be the angle it's taken -- you're the standing Champion, and you have to defend your title against a series of challengers.

I also love how alien the Ultra Beasts are. The stat distributions on these things is nuts, haha. I'm curious as to whether Necrozma is a UB like the standard ones we've seen, or one in the vein of Solgaleo/Lunala.

Overall, I'm really pleased with Sun/Moon and I'm real excited to see what they're gonna do next.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pokemon S/M is now compatible with Pokemon Bank! Make sure you update Pokemon Bank before transferring your Pokemon.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Along with the Bank update allowing Sun/Moon (and Red/Blue/Yellow!), players can now receive the exclusive Mewnium Z item for Sun/Moon through Bank!

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A new event has begun! Enter the serial code M2DESCENT to receive the Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y Mega Stones!

The Beedrillite and Mawilite Mega Stones will be distributed to participants in the most recent Battle Competition beginning on March 7 via serial code, and then be made available to all players around the world in April.

The next Battle Competition, the Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble, has been announced. This competition will be single battle, using Pokémon exclusively from the Kanto and Alola Dexes (excluding Mewtwo, Mew, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, and any Mega Pokémon). Registration will last from March 9-16, and the battle period will follow from March 17-19. Players who participate in three or more battles will receive the Pidgeotite and Steelixite Mega Stones.

11. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I didn't go in with very high expectations but this surprisingly turned into one of my favourites in the entire series >.>
    Alola Dugtrio is my true love

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If you participated in the Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble battle competition, you can claim a serial code for your Pidgeotite and Steelixite here. Make sure you redeem it by May 29. For everyone else, a shared serial code will be released to give out these Mega Stones later this spring.

The next battle competition, the 2017 International Challenge April, has been announced. Registration will be open from April 19 to April 27, and the battle period will follow, lasting from April 28 through April 30. Participants will be awarded the Sceptilite and Blazikenite Mega Stones. The rules are as follows:

• Double battle
    • Alola Pokedex only
    • No Mega Stones
    • Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna are not allowed
    • other VGC 2017 rules as applicable

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Use the password INTIMIDATE to receive the Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, and Medichamite Mega Stones through Mystery Gift! There's no known end date for the distribution, so nab these gifts while you can!

source

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

A new Pokémon named Marshadow has been revealed:

It's a Fighting/Ghost-type. Details on distribution will be coming soon.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

It seems the Pikachu with a cap distribution is coming to the west. A serial code will be available from September 19th which can then be redeemed via Mystery Gift to get one along with its special Z-Crystal. The cap you get is determined by the date on which you redeem the code, and you can only get one per game, so be sure to pick wisely.

· September 19–25: Ash's Pikachu (Original Cap)
    · September 26 – October 2: Ash's Pikachu (Hoenn Cap)
    · October 3–9: Ash's Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap)
    · October 10–16: Ash's Pikachu (Unova Cap)
    · October 17–23: Ash's Pikachu (Kalos Cap)
    · October 24–30: Ash's Pikachu (Alola Cap)

These Pikachu come at various levels, and movesets based on Ash's Pikachu's moveset throughout those arcs of the anime. Notably; all but one of these Pikachu know Iron Tail, which is not otherwise able to be learned by Pikachu in Gen 7. Original Cap does not know Iron Tail.

Related to this; The special I Choose You Cap Pikachu for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be distributed by QR code, much like Magearna was, and is not transferable to the original Sun and Moon games.