Nintendo Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jun 6, 2017.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Announced in today's Pokémon Direct, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will tell a new story set in the Alola region. The games will feature new forms of Solgaleo and Lunala, seemingly related to Necrozma.

The games will launch worldwide on November 17, 2017.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Huh, I'm honestly surprised that they did something like B/W where they're making a second game that takes place later on in the same region. I wonder just how far in advance this one will take place, and if they'll do something like B2/W2 where you can transfer data for some scenes or pokemon. And maybe we'll get Lillie back, and she actually is a rival, since they made it seem like she'd try to be a trainer afterwords.

Now I'm just full of questions and theories and I apparently am going to have to dust off my 3DS. Here's hoping there's more pokemon options though. I kept making the same team every playthrough because I wasn't a fan of some of the type limitations

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm a bit confused on the storyline. I read that it'll have an "alternate" storyline to the one in S/M. But what does that mean? Is this meant to be a direct sequel to S/M (like B2/W2)? Or will it be another version of the games with a number of differences (like Emerald and Platinum)?

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

It doesn't appear to be a sequel, but a completely alternate story. I will note that while the trailer showed the male protagonist walking around Route 1, the house was different, and the protagonist himself wore a Z-Ring matching the design used by Nanu of Ula'ula, rather than the white one used in Sun and Moon.

Obviously, these games are named Ultra for the Ultra Beasts, so we can assume that they will have a role in the story again, though with all the Pikachu seen in the trailer it seems doubtful that it's literally a world where the Ultra Beasts come from.

All in all, I'm pretty excited. Alola was a pretty weak Region, and new games set in the same Region but completely different has the chance to totally change the way I see it. We could even get more regional forms, which would be a very welcome addition.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

From the sound of it, it does seem like we're going to get a different list of alolan forms, so it'll be interesting. Maybe this time we'll get an ice-type growlithe. Jokes aside, looking at the screenshots of the legendaries, it seems like they're pulling a B2/W2 on us, with what looks like Necrozma fusing with the legendaries. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

And yeah, what's up with all the pikachu?

6. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Gen 7 has taken over my favourite gen spot since it came out but i have no idea how to feel about these.
    BW2 came out 2 years after the original so it also feels a bit fast. I do think the Necrozma fusion designs are great and I'm hoping they do a few alola forms that aren't gen 1 this time just for more variety. I'm also very interested into how 'alternate the story will be. >.>

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    About a year and a half in Japan. About a year in North America.

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

September of 2010- BW1
    June of 2012- BW2
    June, july, august, september

A year and 9 months is pretty much 2 years lol :P
    (but yeah, our dates and NA's are pretty off)

9. Yozora Archer

I just hope you can join the Skull dude's gang.

I love them, so an alternate storyline could mean bad guys win I hope.

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

The first CoroCoro leaks have come out, and on the front page, hidden off in the background, is a creature that looks a lot like Lycanroc.

[​IMG]

It's not confirmed that this is a new Lycanroc form yet, or even that it's Pokémon-related at all, but it is confirmed Shigeru Ohmori is due to appear on Pokémon Sunday in just over seven hours from this post to announce the first Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news since the trailer.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I don't know about anyone else, but that picture is so blurry and such bad resolution that I'm not even sure how they can guess it's a pokemon at all. To me it looks like a big red blob with an eyeball. For all we know, it's a new zelda enemy

12. Pinekaboo Chaser

[​IMG]

Tasogare Lycanroc revealed! No word on a translated name, but Tasogare can mean Sunset, Twilight, or Dusk. There's also no apparent word on what move this Lycanroc form gets that its alternates don't.
    EDIT: Apparently has been confirmed as Dusk Form for the west.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I wonder if that means you have to either evolve it during a certain time of the day, or these new games will have a theme more about in between sun and moon, or either sunrise and sunset, or I'm just way overthinking this.

14. Pinekaboo Chaser

Seems like Dusk Form Lycanroc is literally a straight upgrade compared to either of the other forms. I'm personally not too fond of that, since it makes the previous two forms kind of redundant and pointless to have ever existed, but I'll await the final release to pass judgement on that.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

It's been confirmed that Dusk form Lycanroc will only be obtainable through a limited-run Mystery Gift event, much like Snorlium-Z (SuMo), Blazikenite (XY), and shiny Beldum (ORAS) before it. The event is expected to last from release until January, meaning that only players who purchase the game when it's still new will be able to play with the new form. No word on whether this Lycanroc will have some trait that it can pass down through breeding to allow for further Dusk forms to be raised, but with Ash-Greninja not being able to breed, it seems unlikely to be the case.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm debating using it on my team because of that event-only status. It makes it one more unique pokemon to use, but since Lycanroc was only semi-good in the previous versions, unless this one either has a better moveset of some kind, or better stats, I probably will get it just to say "I got it"

17. Pinekaboo Chaser

It has both Tough Claws and Accelerock, which is actually a really strong combination. Compared to the other two, it's guaranteed to be better from that combo alone. Couple with it that it'll likely have more defence than Midday since it's halfway between that and Midnight and it seems like they might be trying to make Lycanroc viable because of its popularity.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

When I saw that it was gonna be a Mystery Gift option, I was hoping it wouldn't be like Ash-Greninja, but :/. I'm sorta hoping they do eventually do a "rerun" of both so to speak, so the people who didn't get the games right away do have a chance at getting them (I'm not buying US/UM right away, so I'm definitely gonna miss Duskroc).

I do wonder when we're going to get some more news on the games though. iirc we didn't get a ton of stuff for the other sequel(s)/updated versions until a few months before either, but it is strange that the only thing we've heard of so far is just the new Lyncanroc. Regardless though, I'm looking forward to seeing what new stuff is gonna get added; I loved SuMo a lot, and it'd be great to have a fresh dive back into Alola again.

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

Every time a new game is on the horizon around this kind of time, they make a big reveal at the World Championships. We've seen Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Slowbro, and Crabrawler revealed there in recent years, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see something new in the next few weeks.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

Also some new info:
    Source