Nintendo Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Pinekaboo Chaser

Apologies for the late update. Earlier today, at the World Championships in Anaheim, another short trailer was shown off, promising that several Pokémon will be getting new exclusive Z-moves. The first of these Pokémon is Kommo-o, the Dragon/Fighting type Psuedo-Legendary Pokémon. The new black Z-Ring that seemingly grants access to these new moves is referred to as the Z-Power Ring on the official site.

In addition, Game Informer released a video detailing a new feature in the upcoming games, called Alola Photo Club. Within this feature, the player can take photos of their character and Pokémon doing various actions such as Z-Move poses and battle actions, and save these photos to the SD card.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's the Alola Photo Club trailer!

I'm so excited to spend hours upon hours making cute pictures. Island Trials whom?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The latest CoroCoro is here, and with it some news!

The mascot legendaries are not, as many (myself included) had assumed, alternate forms of Solgaleo and Lunala. Rather, they are both alternate forms of Necrozma, appearing when Necrozma absorbs their power. The Sun form of Necrozma is called its Mane of Twilight form, and the Moon form is called its Wings of Dawn form. Each form can know the respective signature moves of the absorbed legendaries--Sunsteel Strike for Mane of Twilight, and Moongeist Beam for Wings of Dawn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There may still be more to come from this issue of CoroCoro, so stay tuned!

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

A new trailer released during today's Nintendo Direct reveals several new details, including the existence of two entirely new Ultra Beasts, codenamed UB Burst and UB Assembly. A special Z-move for Lycanroc was also shown to exist, which will remove Terrain effects after its use.

The trailer;

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So our new UB choices are either a minecraft escapee, or a jester.....not sure I'm a fan of those options. On the other hand, the Lycanroc Z-move is actually pretty cool looking. I hardly, if ever, use them, but I might use that just for the hell of it.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

Only a week later, but we have another new trailer. This time it shows off the new Ride Pokémon, Mantine, used to Surf between the islands of Alola, along with several of the Pokémon we can expect to encounter in the wild in the new games.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Mantine Surf looks SICK omg, and the Photo Club still looks like a delight. I'm so glad they've stopped holding back on news because this keeps looking better and better.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, I'll admit the surfing looks pretty cool. I was disappointed with what we got last time, but this might make it much better. Finally we might get surfing that lives up to Hoenn standards.

On the other hand, now I want to know more version exclusives, because I'm not a fan of getting houndoom over manectric in Ultra Sun.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A new story mode trailer was just released for Japan. Take a look!

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

Loving everything we've seen so far. USUM looks to be a bigger improvement on Sun and Moon with each trailer. It's like the Platinum to Gen 4's Diamond and Pearl.
    That brief scene that showed the protag riding through Ultra Space on the back of Lunala looks incredible. It looks like it uses the same gameplay that Mantine Surf does, and that's exciting as hell. I hope we can revisit that later in the game, and it isn't just a one-time event.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

Well that was a short wait. There's another new trailer already.

This trailer shows the protagonist visiting the various Ultra Spaces to encounter Ultra Beasts on their home turf, as well as a brand new Pokémon; UB Adhesive, a pure Poison-type. It also shows the typings of the previously shown new Ultra Beasts; UB Burst is Fire/Ghost, while UB Assembly is Rock/Steel. In addition, the legendary-riding section appears to be how you reach the various Ultra dimensions.

Lastly, the new villainous(?) team was shown off. This team is apparently a collection of people from a world where Necrozma has stolen the light, and is known as the Ultra Recon Squad.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I wonder if that Ultra Recon Squad is actually a villainous team or if they're more like observers or something else. We see that you battle them pretty early it looks like; either that or they're one of those annoying NPCs that only ever work with one pokemon and never pose a challenge even though they're major characters.

It's kind of weird that they made four characters though but we only get to see two of them per game. Maybe the other two will show up at the end or something with dialogue that means absolutely nothing.

13. Pinekaboo Chaser

I would imagine it'll be like ORAS, and that the other two will be there, but the roles are reversed between versions.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh, I kind of hope not. That's one reason I didn't like the original Ruby and Sapphire and that they kept in ORAS, because you had these characters but you could have done the whole game without them. Well, I'm getting Sun, so maybe they'll either be trying to catch Solgaleo, or keep it from Necrozma, those are the only two options I can think of.

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

I thought that mechanic was kind of interesting, since it meant you were facing different type-oriented teams in each game. I do think Emerald was that bit better though, since only Courtney had a total back seat. But then again, I'm a person who buys and plays both versions of the games rather than just one, so perhaps my perspective is different because of seeing it from the perspective of a replayer.

From what we've seen so far I'd assume they're trying to find Necrozma and get their world's light back. They'd probably be looking for the boxart legendary in hopes that it could fight it and win, if that's the case.

16. 61 No. B

usumo looks like it could be good
    its going to depend entirely on if that incessant rotom is still in the game and if im allowed to actually explore
    everything else (aside from kyurem 2.0 **** that) looks to be decent

17. Pinekaboo Chaser

Necrozma's two new forms have signature Z-Moves (which can also be used by Solgaleo and Lunala without being absorbed by Necrozma), as shown in a new trailer.

In addition to these Z-moves, the Rotom Dex has been altered to be more involved in the gameplay. Now as you go through the story of the games you will be asked questions and grow closer to Rotom, eventually resulting in being given the equivalents of O-Powers from the previous generation, and even the ability to use a Z-move a second time during a battle.

18. 61 No. B

>In addition to these Z-moves, the Rotom Dex has been altered to be more involved in the gameplay.
    >the worst past of the game is now going to be a bigger part of the game
    maybe i skip out on this one

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I really am not looking forward to them bringing that Rotom-Dex into the game more, I wasn't a fan of it the first time. Oh well, I probably will never use it anyways, so I won't be missing much.

20. Pinekaboo Chaser

A trailer for the story of USUM has been released. This trailer is the same as the trailer that was uploaded to the Japanese youtube channel a couple of weeks ago, but this time in English.

In addition, an interview in Famitsu apparently claims that USUM has twice the story that SuMo did, and that by using the Ultra Ride mechanic, there may be the possibility of encountering Mewtwo and other legendary Pokémon.