Pokemon Discussion - Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jafar, May 8, 2009.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

What version of no$gba are you using Janime?

2. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

Sorry for not responding sooner, didn't see this.

If you still want to know: 2.6a.​

3. gaveZexionmyHeart Merlin's Housekeeper

I can't wait for it to come out in the USA X3 It's coming out in 2010 in either the Summer or Spring, I think...

4. leon47 Traverse Town Homebody

Cant wait for rhis loved the first two game I still have working pokemon gold so I hope the remake is just as good or better.

5. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

It'll be out 2010 in the USA or Japan?

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

It was apparently already released in Japan, and shall be set for a Spring 2010 release in North America and Europe.

I am a bit mixed over the fact that they shall essentially be re-using the Battle Frontier from the previous Sinnoh games, though I do suppose they cannot change everything.

What does puzzle me a certain bit is the use of "Shinto Ruins". The word "Shinto" would almost seem to break the fourth wall; Shinto is supposed to be a sort of Japanese religion, and this crossing into the Pokemon world would surely stir some debate. I am aware of its origin which refers to the native gods of Japan and how this would be logical as Arceus would be found in these ruins, but another name would most likely not create any such possible controversy.

Or perhaps I am looking too much into this.

7. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

I see what you're getting at. But, you can expect it to have a completely different meaning in the English translation.
    Besides, there is an entire region in the game named after a region in Japan.
    That's more of a real reference than any other in the series.
    [Kanto, obviously.]

8. l0v3-pAoPu-fRu1t Traverse Town Homebody

Pokemon's Main Series!

hey, there
    Just wandering around. isn't pokemon's main series is too paterned? somehow i prefer the mystery dungeon series or... dash and it's prequels... :(
    I hate the gym leaders and the elite fours
    though it's enjoyable for the mini games, but i don't think I'll stand for another gym leader and elite four.

9. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

You are the first person I know to say the gyms and the elite four are the down side of the Pokemon colour series. I believe that those are what make the game, none of those annoying ass side games or battle tents.

10. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

Agreed. That's what makes the Pokemon color series. It's all about the gym leaders and the elite four. Personally i prefer the color series over games like Pokemon Ranger.

11. l0v3-pAoPu-fRu1t Traverse Town Homebody

Yep. even though in ruby and onwards they make more reason to fight, but still... it's... boring.

somehow I love circling pokemons in ranger. in the pokemon ranger series the reason of capturing pokemons are more true.

12. Inasuma "pumpkin"

The main Pokemon series needs gym leaders. IMO, it is extremely fun and makes for a great mile-stone once you've been them all (and then later the elite four). Side-quests really should add on to how great your accomplishments are (the main one's, i.e. gym's and elite four).

If that system of goals isn't your thing, then the mystery dungeon/ranger games are probably better for you, then. Personally, I dislike the ranger series AND the mystery dungeon series.

13. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

I love all them. I hope Walmart puts up the preorders for Soul Silver soon so I can get it.

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Team Alcoholic would be awesome.

15. l0v3-pAoPu-fRu1t Traverse Town Homebody

I haven't got any idea for the pokemon main series in the future. Team Alcoholic sounded very bad if you wanna know.

They might just switch from Pearl, Diamond, Platinum to name of elements such as Wind, Earth etc....

16. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, actually. I'm sure they could make some good additions to that too, ironically. o.O

17. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I honestly enjoy the gym leaders and elite four. They are the game imo. I love when the games have a good story too. Like Crystal *shot* b'aww I'm replaying that now, I love the storyline. Ruby and Sapphire were nice, but then Emerald with that battle fronteir? And then Diamond and Pearl had such a bad storyline in my opinion. And I believe the games are starting to become a little more childish. What I love about Crystal is that it doesn't seem childish at all in my opinion.

Mystery Dungeon is the only side game I really like. It was fun, got a little repetitive but I liked both storylines. It just doesn't feel like an actual pokemon game. I like the straight forward gym fighting and stoof.

18. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Seems like that was partially their intentions with Fire Red and Leaf Green...just add an element in front of a color I guess.

19. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

ionno. I always enjoyed the gym leaders/E4 mainly due to music and a step-up from the norm trainers. I mean, they are a core aspect of the Pokemanz games and taking them out kinda ruins it.

20. Inasuma "pumpkin"

So... does anyone want to have a battle of sorts? I is sort of bored.