Pokemon Discussion - Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jafar, May 8, 2009.

1. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

Favorite Pokemon Game?

I always love finding out what everyone's favorite Pokemon game is. Because let's face it - we all love the series! I would cast my vote for Red/Blue, but I feel as though Yellow is more deserving of it. Better colors and pokemon artwork, more difficult (no rare candy BS), and it's just generally more fun to have a Pikachu following you all game.

2. P Banned

The 'best' would have to be the recent Heart Gold and Soul Silver. They've got everything the others have and with nicer controls, etc.

My favourite? Difficult. Nostalgia is a powerful tool. I'm tempted to say either Yellow or Crystal. Then again, Emerald was good too. I have yet to play Platinum, and Peal is most recent in my mind, so I don't look on it as fondly.

I think I'll just say that I enjoy the entire franchise, and each game has its own merits to me.

3. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

My favorite was Crystal. I loooved it! The gameplay and the Bug Catching contests, and how you could go to both regions was awesome!

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

GSC. No question. It was just magnificent.

I'd say HGSS but it's not out yet. I've been waiting for it since FRLG came out though, and if it'll combine my favorite plot/characters in the series with the exceptional new changes they've made to the battle system, it's guaranteed to be my new fave.

5. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pokemon snap .

i never been a giant fan but i guess besides that i would say yellow too

6. †L_Zero_Percent† Merlin's Housekeeper

Best game; G/S/C

My favorite; B/R/Y

Best pokemon; Missingno

imo.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

-merged Favorite Pokemon Game into Pokemon Discussion-

Oh, and my favorite pokemon game is undoubtedly GSC. Mostly Crystal, though.

8. P Banned

Progress through Soul Silver is slow but steady. I recently traded over a magmarizer from my Pearl to evolve my Magmar. My Magmar is a tad irritating, because due to leveling it up from a Magby, I missed learning Fire Punch, meaning my best attack is ember until level 37.

9. Sora_Gaiden Traverse Town Homebody

My favorite was Stadium 2, or Yellow

10. Nuff' Said Banned

The stupid thing in HG and SS is that the GS Ball isn't available. I wanted to get a headstart on making codes and I looked though the avialable items and GS Ball isn't there. And for those of you who don't know what it is it allows you to catch Celebi

11. P Banned

GS Ball? What's the GS Ball?

Oh, right. That thing. You're supposed to forget about that. Nintendo left it as a dead end in the anime and it was never really mentioned in-game (short of that one crystal event), so Nintendo is trying to cast it into discontinuity. In return, we got a nice event with Celebi and some Pichus around the shrine.

12. Nuff' Said Banned

I know but it makes it too easy to get a legendary in-game. The whole having to carry the dang thing around with you made it fun. I'll try and hack it into the game with romhack first then turn it into an actual code for you guys

13. P Banned

I'd have preferred a comeback of the GS as well. Celebi isn't in-game though. You have to get one with a specific event flag from the movie theater.

14. Nuff' Said Banned

I know. that is what makes the pokemon legit. You use hidden hex values for that though. They determine how you got it

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Hey P, you ever notice how your name isn't always just one color? It's pretty cool. lmao

I thought this whole time Celebi was going to finally be a non-event pokemon. Dammit. -uses AR- >_>

16. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

In that regard,

Shiny Gold > Heart Gold.

Though admittedly I've yet to play the game myself, so this is probably viewed as biased.

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I'm probably going to buy HG I think, now. I bought Silver during the GBC days... and I feel like changing it up. I need to look and see what the Pokemon exclusives are though before making this final.

Anyone else doing this kind of thing?

18. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I had both Gold and Silver back in the GBC days, so I'm having a hard time choosing. I want to say Soul Silver for me, but I guess it's too soon yet. I want to see which Pokemon are look-but-don't-touch first for each cart.

19. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

it's time to party...cause i want to have a party battle with me some soul silver pokemans!