Support Pokemon HGSS...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ReverofEnola, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So a few weeks ago I bought Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver from ebay. I started playing soulsilver until I got the fourth badge that's when I saved and turned off the game. When I came back, I started/loaded my file as usual but all that was there were two black screens. I could here music of whatever town I was in but only faintly. I started a new file later on and it also stopped after I got the fourth badge. Then I tried Heartgold and guess what? It froze after I got the fourth badge as well. However if I put either game into my Nintendo DSi (instead of my Nintendo DS Lite) it works for about 20 minutes then it freezes. Is there anyway I can fix this or should I just go get my refund?

2. The Twin My, what a strange duet

This part confuses me a bit...

Otherwise I'm reminded of the days when the save batteries in the cartridges on the GBC games would go, and you couldn't save at all. I wonder if it's the same thing? Otherwise try cleaning the pins on the carts and the pins inside your system(s) and make sure nothing's blocking the connections.

If that doesn't work, and your other games work in both your systems, then it's the carts themselves. The darker side of me wonders if they are fakes, but most DS/Lites will play fakes while DSi and 3DS don't. Since you said it didn't play in your Lite, it's probably a really faulty cart (and an equally faulty seller, perhaps.)

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Sorry but I fixed it. I meant my Nintendo DSi :)

4. The Twin My, what a strange duet

That's better, I was bluescreening for a second and going "hurr?".

Now, let's see. Did you try cleaning the pins? Just use a cotton swab to make sure any dust is out of them. I'd also make an effort to contact whoever sold you the games on eBay and explain what is going on.

5. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Contacted them and they offered a refund. They were shocked as well when it came to its condition. They want me to send it over to them to check it out.

6. The Twin My, what a strange duet

That's good of them. Not many honest sellers these days, so it's great that they'll take a look at it. Hopefully it works out!