Pokemon: Hoenn Rebirth

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mysty, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

This is the story of the Hoenn Region, years after the events of Pokemon Emerald taking place. Please read and enjoy.

The sun came down, giving intense heat waves around the region. The feeling I had when it came down was like that of a Macargo, sleeping on my skin. But that only lasted for a few moments. The next sensation was that of a downpour. Heavy rain came down nearly drowning me from how thick it really was. The cycle repeated off and on for hours on end. Nobody including me had any idea what was going on in the Hoenn region. After a while though, the extreme weather changes just vanished.

A day passed and the news had finally given us all a run down on what happened. I was only nine at the time so I could only understand half of it. The woman named Gabby and her camera man Ty had the complete story. It seemed that the groups known as Team Magma and Team Aqua had acquired the powers of the Legendary Pokemon: Groudon and Kyogre. A trainer by the name of Brendan had successfully stopped them from warping the Hoenn region and the world.

Shortly after the events, that boy became the Pokemon Champion. He was a real inspiration for me. I knew after hearing his achievements on his Pokemon journey through Hoenn, I too wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer! The past leaders, Steven and Wallace, I heard traveled to the Unova region after training to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament. I hope to hear from that soon.

Oh, right, you don't even know who I am. Well let me begin by saying I am a boy. My name is Rudy. Don't let the red shirt and goggles throw you off, I'm heading off to be a trainer today, on my 14th birthday. My friend Sophia is also going to go on an adventure today too. She turned 14 a few months ago, but she decided to wait for me. She is really kind that way.

So this world I live in, its inhabits are us people and the creatures we call Pokemon. They are special creatures with special powers. Us humans and Pokemon have grown to be really close to each other over the years, creating powerful bonds. We also battle with them in Pokemon Battles. If you are good enough, you can challenge the Pokemon League and earn badges. That's my goal. I want to be just like Brendan!

Right now, I'm in my room. I live with my mother and nobody else. My father is currently studying in Sinnoh. Some organisation called Team Galactic had caused trouble there, but it opened up our knowledge about the universe an the role Pokemon play. My room is pretty simple. I have a TV, a bed, a computer, and a WiiU console. Its not much but its home.

I decided to head down stairs. My mother was watching the TV screen. There was something on the news that had just ended apparently. She turned the TV off once she noticed me. She walked over a gave me a smile.

"That was the news. They said the Pokemon League in the Unova region had been engulfed by a giant castle, and the person who did it has yet to be found. Another strange thing to happen. Anyway, Happy Birthday Rudy! I hear the Professor's assistant is coming to town to deliver a Pokemon for you and Sophia. You should go and see for yourself."

My mother was a nice person, prepared for the day I leave on my journey. I was just as excited as she was. I left the house and smelled the fresh air of the town I have come to know as Oldale Town. It was a small town. We were the center of a crossroad. We were in the center of routes 101, 102, and 103. What's really cool is that Brendan lived in the town south of here, Littleroot Town.

I headed over to the Pokemon Center. Sophia was standing right in front of it. When she saw me, her face was filled with joy.

"Happy Birthday Rudy! Guess what, the assistant of Professor Birch is inside the Pokemon Center. Let's go talk to her. I want to meet my new friend."

We went into the Pokemon center. A girl in a red bandanna was standing in front of the counter, talking to Nurse Joy. Nurse Joy gave her some Pokeballs, the items that are used to catch Pokemon. The job of the nurse was to heal trainer's Pokemon. They did for free too, which is really nice for some. Finally, the girl turned around and walked toward us.

"Hi, you must be Rudy and Sophia right?"
    "Right." Sophia replied.
    "Great! I'm May. My father sent me up here to give you your first Pokemon. I did the same thing when I first started. It brings back many good memories."
    "I'm so glad. I cant wait. Though, I think you should choose first Rudy, it is your birthday after all. I don't mind."
    "Rudy, you get to pick first then. Here I have three Pokeballs, each containing a very rare Pokemon. You have the choice between Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip."

The choice was given to me to pick. Would I choose the fast and agile Treecko? Maybe the fast and powerful Torchic? Or I could choose the juggernaut Mudkip. This would most likely be the most difficult choice I'll ever make as a trainer. Who to choose. I finally made my mind up and grabbed the Pokeball for Mudkip.

"That's a great choice. Now you're turn, Sophia."
    "Right! I think my new friend will be Treecko. It looks friendly enough!"
    "Now that you both have your first Pokemon, how about you have a battle? I'm sure the Pokemon would love to meet and fight alongside their new trainers."
    "Yeah, that's a great idea. C'mon, Rudy, let's dance!"

I let my new pokemon out and so did Sophia. They were so small and inexperienced. Something to be expected of Pokemon for new trainers. Her Treecko was faster than my Mudkip and began the fight with a Pound attack. I retaliated with Tackle. Right before her Treecko could counter me, I ordered Mudkip to dodge the attack and finish it with one more tackle. The blow was strong but Sophia's Treecko managed to survive by a thread. It ended up hitting my Mudkip with a critical blow. Now it was my turn to fight back. Mudkip used tackle one more time and managed to knock out Treecko.

I was really happy, and so was Mudkip. I could see it in his face that he was glad that we were going to be partners. Together we would battle all the gyms and beat the Pokemon League. It was my turn to be a true trainer.

"Great battle you two! Reminds me of my first fight with Brendan way back when. Here let me heal your Pokemon."
    May had healed out Pokemon completely using some medicine acquired at a Pokemart. I was really shocked she was friends with Brendan.
    "Woah, you knew Brendan? You're really lucky."
    "Right when he moved to Hoenn, we've been rivals and friends ever since. Now, I have a gift for the two of you. Take these Pokedex's. They let you record the information of a Pokemon that you meet. They give even more information if you catch them. Please try your best to fill them."
    "Thank you so much, May. I cant wait to start my adventure. See you, Rudy, see you, May." And with that she ran out of the Pokemon Center at top speed.
    "I should be going too. My father would be glad to hear that everything went well. You should head up to route 103. I left a gift up there for you and Sophia. She knows about it too." And then May left too.

I left the Pokemon Center and looked at Mudkip. I smiled and nodded. We were going to travel Hoenn together and become Champion.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Shuhbooty moon child

Waaaaahhh Mudkips are my Gods. <3

The first paragraph I had to read a few times. I think it could be rewritten with just a few words added in. Anyways I adore this. The nostalgia really burns since I just beat sapphire again xD please continue! I wanna know what sohpoia feels towards Rudy, and if mudkip builds a high relations hi on with him. :3

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I like the idea you're going with of making a Pokémon fic that not only acts as a sequel to a specific game and even including references to other game's stories! However, I think you need to slow the pacing waaaay down. If you don't slow down and explore the characters and setting a bit more, people are going to lose interest in the story. I had to go back and reread several portions because it felt like I'd missed something, and even then found myself not caring a whole lot about the characters or their stories. Something to think about, okay? c:

...Also, I'm a little concerned by how little Rudy's mom seemed to care about a GIANT CASTLE EXPLODING OUT OF THE GROUND AND DESTROYING THE UNOVA LEAGUE. But then again, most of the protagonists' moms seem unnervingly lax...

4. Shuhbooty moon child

LOL!

I thought the same thing about the fast paste but I guess I left it out. Sohpia didn't show much of anything when she lost and I was so worried about the first paragraph that I forgot this point too. o,o

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I really like this. It's a great way to continue RSE. However, my only complaint is that Brendan is usually associated with Swampert, as is Ruby in Adventures. But otherwise, I'm really liking this.

6. Mysty Unknown

I enjoy the feedback guys. The first paragraph I was trying to get into the rhythm of things so I can see its difficulty. I didn't know I was going to fast however. I will surely take that into consideration. Also, not basing it off of Pokemon Adventures but instead the game. If it were Adventures, May would be the champion and Ruby the Contest master. With that said, I shall carry on! WAIT, one more side note. This is meant to be like the game where the main character does not talk. Ever. Unless giving a command to his Pokemon.

The Town of Oldale was small and it took little effort to walk out and up to Route 103. This was a very short Route, for us at least. It extended to another part of Hoenn but was blocked off by a large river. Because of the river though, the area was lush and full of life. Pokemon loved to play in the grass in this area.

I headed north to where May had told me she left a gift. I would run, but these shoes were not meant for running. Sophia surely came up here as well. The upward climb was a new feeling to me. I'd never been out of the town before to experience the incline. I enjoyed it. Within no time at all, I reached the bag May had left and to not much surprise, Sophia was there. She ran to me filled with glee.

"That girl was really nice. She left us Pokeballs to catch Pokemon with. I counted 10 in total so half go to me and half go to you. Here, take them. I hope you know that unless you make some new friends, you won't always be able to beat me like last time."

She was right of course. If I didn't catch more Pokemon and befriend them, I might not win the upcoming battles. I nodded to her making her know I was going to uphold her to that challenge.

"I'm glad you agree, Ruby. Oh, do you know how to catch Pokemon? Here, I'll show you how!" She walked into the tall grass. That was usually where Pokemon would play and hide. "Ah, there's one!"

It was a Poochyena. A Dark Type Pokemon that resembled a baby dog. Sophia let out her Treecko. It used Pound and another again. The Poochyena seemed to be really weak after those. "First you need to damage the Pokemon. Once it is weak enough, you throw a Pokeball at it." She threw the Pokeball. It turned once, then twice, and a 3rd time, only to result in a clicking sound. She caught the Pokemon!

"And that is how you catch Pokemon, Rudy. Luckily May left instructions on how to. I should get going now. I want to fill this Pokedex up. I hope to see you again, and when I do, I'll beat you!" She dashed off.

I was thankful that May left behind some notes on how to catch Pokemon. If she didn't I might have had no idea what to do. Sophia's demonstration will really neat too. Together me and Mudkip would make new friends together and conquer the Hoenn region!

I began to head down the hill. There were a lot of ledges that made it really easy to go back down. They were also fun to just hop down one after another. Along the way we fought Wild Pokemon too. I didn't care much for the Pokemon that were around though. Soon I'd be back home. I wonder where I should start after that?

I returned back to my home town. My mom was standing near the entrance to the route for some reason. I went to investigate her appearance there. It was abnormal for her to be so close to the exits without her own Pokemon on her.

"How did your first adventure go, Rudy? ... I'm glad to hear it went well. Oh and who is this little one? Mudkip is so cute. I'm sure you two will be good friends. Oh that's right. I have a gift for you. I'm sure it will really like them. I should get back home. Good luck son!"

My mother gave me a pair of new shoes. Running Shoes they were labeled. I put them on and noticed that I could run comfortably. Now where was my next destination? I believe there was a gum in Petalburg City. I guess I should go there first. So my destination is Route 102.

I left Ordale Town and looked back. I gave a smile and waved as I ran forward on my new adventure. Route 102 was much different from 103. There was a lot of trees and small lakes. There were Pokemon I had never seen before either. There were a few people wandering around too. In fact, one noticed me and ran towards me.

"Hey, you're a new trainer so you should be easy!"

The trainer seemed really egotistical. He looked like he was 7 though, so it was in his age. He threw up the Pokeball an released a Zigzagoon. It was a raccoon Pokemon with tan and brown stripes. I wasn't going to withdraw the challenge.

"Let's go Mudkip!" I yelled, releasing my partner. Mudkip came out prepared to do its best. The enemy Zigzagoon came charging in with a fierce tackle attack. Mudkip seemed to take the hit hard. I really needed to focus and pay attention to what was going on. I commanded Mudkip to use its own Tackle, however the ZigZagoon was quick and dodged the attack. It only came back with another tackle. Things were looking food for Mudkip and I right now, that was, until I noticed something strange with Mudkip. It seemed to be leaking water from its mouth. That's it! "Mudkip, use Water Gun!" Water came shooting out of its mouth and striking the Zigzagoon hard, knocking it out. We won another battle!

The trainer looked disappointed about losing, but he knew that every battle couldn't be won. "You beat me fair and square. Here, take this Potion. You're Mudkip looks like it needs it." He handed me the Potion and I did just what it was designed to do. Mudkip was back to perfect health. I could not say how happy I was he was okay.

I moved on further into the Route, facing more an more opponents that came our way. Things were looking good for us. But I still hadn't caught another Pokemon yet. I felt the moment was coming very soon though. When I see the Pokemon that I want to catch in front of me, I'm going to catch it.

I had reached almost the end of the route. Before I could enter Petalburg though, I noticed a few Pokemon called Ralts ganging up on some small Pokemon. I couldn't let them hurt it just like that. I sent Mudkip out again to take care of the horde. That was another thing that was really strange lately. Pokemon were beginning to travel in packs of 5, attacking trainers and other wild Pokemon. They usually were a lot weaker than most Pokemon, but there was power in numbers.

Mudkip made easy work of the Ralts. Once they were all cleared, the Pokemon that was being attacked became clear. It was a Surskit. It looked really happy to be saved by Mudkip and I. For some reason though, I felt like this was the one. The Pokemon I needed to catch was this one right here. It seemed to like me since it was dancing around me. I asked if it would like to join me in my adventure and be my friend. It took little effort to convince it. I grinned and threw the Pokeball. It went through its cycle and clicked. I had caught a Surskit!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  7. Shuhbooty moon child

Ahhhh the music got me going xD as much as I want to play Pokemon now I can't xD

It was still a bit fast but I loved it non the less! I thought you were gonna catch a ralts because that's what I normally didn't xD but the surskit is cute and adorable :3 I love the idea of you writing it like the game (as I said before) but I would love if you gave your character and other characters depth. That's what makes a story great and since we know what Ruby wants, what about Sophia, his rival? Does she too want to be the pokchamp? Or a professor? A gym leader? What about her family? I'm a curious bug, trying to see if you'd change your mind on some things xD anyways, I can't wait for the next posting!

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I love this. It makes me want to play Pokemon Emerald again. I wouldn't really mind if they made a remake like this.

9. Mysty Unknown

Petalburg City, a lively town with lots of lush grass and pure water lakes. The people were always friendly and care free. It was almost like home for me, just a lot bigger. I didn't feel out of place as I waved to others and they returned the favor.

First thing that needed to be done was to go to a Pokemon Center. It was pretty close to Route 102, that was a good thing since most trainers were probably coming from that direction. I walked in and was at simple shock to see Nurse Joy looking the exact same as the one in Ordale Town. She seemed to catch my shock.

"Oh, it must be your first time seeing another Nurse Joy. We all look the same, so there is no need to panic. Here, let me heal your Pokemon." I nodded. I was relived that I wasn't going insane and seeing double. Such an odd family to manage to get everyone to look the exact same. The reunion's must be hectic, but at the same time, I'd like to go and see how much fun really was had. I've healed your Pokemon. Please be careful out there." I took the Pokeballs and exited the Pokemon Center.

Throughout my wandering through town, I stumbled upon a large building with an unusual symbol on it. I walked to the front door to expect it. Perhaps this was the first gym? I was just about to enter the place but instead, someone came out and we managed to smack right into each other. The person I ran into was different for certain. He had spiky green hair, and very plain looking clothes. He had this gentle feeling to him.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there. Are you here for a gym battle?" He asked. I nodded with a smile. This was the first gym. I found it. I was really excited about this. "I will gladly accept your challenge. That is, I would normally, but something has come up near Petalburg Woods. I was just about to go and investigate it. Oh! I'm Wally by the way. And you are?" I told him my name. I was concerned about the woods now as well. I wanted to help. If things were to go astray in Hoenn again, there would no longer be time to face Brendan. This way, I could also become a hero. "Rudy, got it. Oh, you want to come? That sounds great! I'll let you lead the way then. Petalburg Woods is to the north-west of town."

We decided it best to go together. I was glad he let me tag along. I think I once heard that Wally knew Brendan at some point, but I figured it would be best not to ask questions right now. If something bad was happening, I had to go and see what.

The route we left out to was an interesting one. It was a small cliff connected to a beach. There was a port there too. "Oh, that's where Mr. Briney lives. He and his Pelipper, Peeko, give people rides to Dewford Island. A little further north and we should get to the Woods." Wally explained to me. Just a few more steps and we'd enter the woods.

We entered Petalburg Woods. It was really dark. The trees stretched out to the sky and blocked most sunlight that came through. How anything grew down below was a mystery to me. The Pokemon were all gone for some reason though. The few that we saw were terrified about something, trying to get away as fast as they could. Neither Wally nor I really understood what was going on.

That was until we saw two men. They were wearing strange outfits. They were covered in grayish blue and different shades of brown. Who were they? Behind them though was something much worse, the route through the forest had been blocked by trees that seemed to be cut down. There were just a few either. There were many that were far too high to scale or go over.

Grunt A: "Our plan was a success. No one should be able to get to Rusbero through the Woods now."
    Grunt B: "So glad things are working out right now. The boss would skin us if we failed this one."

Wally called out to them furiously, "You! What are you doing to the forest? You are hurting the Pokemon that live here and destroying the way to Rusbero." I was thinking the same. Why would anyone do that? We needed to find out what led them to this.

Grunt A: "We have no need to tell you two kids. Let the grown ups handle this."
    Grunt B: "Just move along. Rusbero is closed until further notice."

We couldn't just let them get away with this. I was ready to fight back. Anything that could be done needed to be done. 'Rudy, we need to stop them. I'll take the one on the left and you the right." I nodded in agreement.

Grunt A: "Fine, if its a battle you want, its a battle you'll get."

One of them sent out a Zubat, a poisonous flying bat pokemon, and the other a Poochyena. It was going to be a double battle. My first one in fact. "Let's show them, Go Surskit!" I called out, releasing the new friend I had made. The small Pokemon swayed across the ground as it was released.

"You have a healthy looking Pokemon there, Rudy, but now its my turn. Come on out Garevoir!" The Pokemon that came out radiated a powerful aura. It was a Pokemon of beauty and true psychic power. This Pokemon left me in ah. "This was my first Pokemon. Her and I have been through a lot. Now Gardevoir, use Psychic to raise them into the air!" The Zubat stopped moving and was floating helplessly.

"Surskit, use Bubble now!"Surskit slid back and began to suck in air. It released powerful bubbles out striking the opponents heavily. "Now follow up with Quick Attack on the Zubat!" Surskit gained intense speed, managing to strike the Zubat hard, enough to make it faint.

"Poochyena, use bite on the Gardevoir!" The Poochyena never was effected by the Psychic attack. That was the advantage of being an Evil type, otherwise known as Dark. The attack hit, and not only that, it forced Wally's Gardevoir to flinch. It could no long attack for some time.

"Darn, its up to you Rudy, take it out." Wally called out.

"Surskit, return!" I called back it and then through out another Pokeball. "Mudkip, get 'em!" Mudkip came out and gave a fierce look towards the Poochyena. "Use Water Gun now!" A blast of water came flying out of Muskip, forcing Poochyena to incapacitate. We won against them.

Grunt A: "Dang it! At least no one will be able to get to Rusbero. Let's retreat for now."
    Grunt B: "You haven't heard the last of Team Meteor, brats!" The two of them ran faster than I could imagine. Bad guys always managed to run away faster than anything in this world. We stopped them from doing more harm, that was the most important thing.

"They got away. I'm sure now though, the forest will be safe for a little bit. I'll contact someone about removing the trees. Thank you for the help, Rudy. I'm going to go ahead and set up things for us in the gym. I won't use my friends from my trainer days so don't worry. See you there." He walked off and left me alone in the forest.

I came out of the Woods and quickly returned to Petalburg. I got my Pokemon all healed after the battle and headed over to the Petalburg gym to face my first gym leader. I entered the building. It was much different then an other I had been into before. There were grass plains inside and a lot of other strange plants.

I walked up to Wally, ready to fight him. "I'm glad you came. Believe it or not, you will be the first person I challenge as a Gym Leaser. The original leader was am man by the name of Norman. He was promoted to the Elite 4 recently and then a replacement was needed. Brendan and Norman both suggested I take the role of Gym Leader. I felt honored and accepted. Now give me all your got, Rudy. I want my first battle as a Leader to be a memorable one."

[​IMG]

Wally reached into his pocket and showed two Pokeballs. He threw one, releasing a Seedot. "I specialize in grass type Pokemon. How will you beat me with water types? You'll need to learn that battle's aren't always about type match ups."
    "Yeah, lets go Surskit!" I released the Surskit and looked down at the Seedot. It looked well trained.
    "Seedot, use Bullet Seed!" The Seedot attacked and fast. Wally was giving me no room to breathe. Good, things would be no fun if they weren't a challenge.
    "Surskit, dodge, and use Bubble!" I knew the attack wouldn't be very effective, but I need to lover that speed of his. The Bubble made contact while Bullet Seed did not. It even seemed that Seedot had grown to be a bit slower. That was good. "Now use Quick Attack!"
    "Seedot, Bide!" Some steam began to radiate off of Seedot strangely.
    Bide? What was that? After Wally called out though, Seedot just sat there doing nothing for a while. "Keep using Quick Attack Sirskit!" It kept attacking. But I noticed something odd, Seedot seemed like it was taking no damage. In fact, Wally was even smiling about this. What was he planning?
    "Release." Wally said lightly. With those words said, the Seedot began to expand a great amount of energy. It was so grand, Surskit could not dodge. It hit and hard, forcing Surskit to be KO'd. Things weren't all bad. The repetitive Quick Attack's caused Seedot to fall over as well.
    We both sent them back into there Pokeballs.
    "You're pretty good Rudy. One more Quick Attack and Seedot would have fainted without releasing Bide. But now I have another Pokemon for you, go Nuzleaf!" Nuzleaf, a Grass/ Dark type Pokemon. They are quick on their feet and can hit pretty hard.
    "You're turn Mudkip." I sent out my last Pokemon. I had a big disadvantage here. Nuzleaf had a better typing then Mudkip here... but Wally said something earlier about types not meaning everything.
    "Nuzleaf, start off with Bullet Seed!" Nuzleaf began to rapidly fire seeds from its mouth.
    "M-Mudkip, dodge." I called out, Mudkip managed to avoid most of the seeds, but some still hit.
    "Keep using Bullet Seed, give them no room!"
    "Dodge and try to Tackle it!" Mudkip was his a little, but it did get a Tackle out on Nuzleaf.
    "Nuzleaf, use Nature Power: Stun Spore!" The field was set up for just that. If it were any other environment, it would be different, but Wally clearly knew ahead of time. I could not dodge this one. But something was odd about Mudkip, it was generating steam... just like Seedot.... Bide?
    "Store up energy Mudkip, we'll use the same trick against him."
    Wally smirked as he knew what was coming next. "Nuzleaf, Razor Leaf on Mudkip!" Leaves came shooting out from the top of its head, cutting Mudkip everywhere. I prayed that he could endure the hits. And now it was time.
    "Release the Energy, Mudkip!"
    "Nuzleaf, use Harden!"
    The two clashed creating a bright light. Once the light subdued, smoke was all that left. What happened to our Pokemon? Were they both standing, or was one of us victorious? The smoke cleared and Nuzleaf lay on the battle, unconscious. Mudkip stood there, breathing heavy from battle. What came next was a real shock. Mudkip was glowing white and I had no idea what was going on. His body began to morph into something bigger. The light disappeared and a new Pokemon stood there: Marshtomp.

"Well, Rudy, it seems you gave me quite the battle. I'm honored my first battle was against such a great fighter. Please, take this Herb Badge as proof of you beating the Petalburg gym." I took the badge and smiled wide and proud. I gave a leap into the air of excitement. "Also, take this. Its TM called Bullet Seed. I'm sure it will come in handy one day. You can use TMs to teach your Pokemon certain moves they cant naturally learn. Now that you have beaten me, you should be able to use the HM move Cut and Pokemon up to level 20 will obey you. Good luck on your journey, Rudy."

I put the badge in my badge case and walked out of the Gym. When I came out, I noticed an odd figure. He seemed foreign. His hair was a light green then Wally and it was very long. He wore a black and white hat. His attention was moved to me as he saw me come out of the gym.

"Do you seek Truth, or do you go by your Ideals? These are questions I have asked myself many times.Your Pokemon tell me you are a good friend to them. I guess you too cant understand what they are saying. Maybe one day you will learn to." He was a strange character. After those words, he headed east to Route 103. His words made me think though. What was his story?

Shortly after his leaving, another arrived, a girl in fact. She also looked like she was from another region. Her clothes were abnormal for this area too. She wore blue jean shorts. and a white shirt, covered by an open black one. Her hat was white and pink and her hair a strange style.

"Excuse me," she spoke to me, "Have you seen a man with long green hair recently." I told her what I just saw and she gave a simple sigh. "N, why do you keep running? I'm Hilda by the way. I'd like to stay and chat, but I need to catch up to him. See ya."

Two people I had met, both odd to me. I felt that their destinies were almost intertwined with mine. For now though, I chose not to pursuit it. I needed to go to the next gym after my Pokemon were healed. The next stop is Dewford Island.

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow, just wow. I really love where this is going, especially with the appearance of N, and how Norman moved up and wally replaced him.

11. Shuhbooty moon child

Gaaaaaahhh I wanna know what happen with Sophia xD next chapter please! This one was really good, just need to fix some misspells. C:

12. Mysty Unknown

My next destination would be Dewford Island. Most trainers would have gone to Rusbero for a badge, but with Petalburg Woods being blocked, that wasn't an option. According to my map, I'd have to cut through a tunnel somewhere between Mavile and Rusbero.

Wally told me about a person who gave trips to Dewford. A man by the name of Mr. Briney. I figured I would pay him a visit. I exited to Route 104 and quickly found my way back to hit little shack. I knocked on the door and was given permission to go in. There say an old man and a very old looking Pelipper.

"What can I do for you meboy?" He asked me. I told him about what happened in the Woods and the need for me to go to Dewford Island. "Ay, I hear ya. Those events in them there woods must have happened when I was takin a young miss to the island. Well, get on board. Let's go Peeko, we got another boy here who needs a ride. Time to set sail."

I walked out of the house and into the boat. Mr. Briney and his Peeko were close behind. The engine started and the boat began to move very quickly. I saw a lot of small sand buildups and trainers swimming through the ocean. I didn't have the stamina to seim from place to place, nor could I really use any of my Pokemon to surf with. The wind that came from the speed though was really refreshing. I decided maybe now was the time to let my Pokemon out and enjoy themselves too.

I let Surskit and my newly evolved Marshtomp out onto the boat. Both looked really happy to be around such an environment. We all looked into the water where a school of Remoraid was passing by. Some Gorebyss were among them too. That was a rare find. Gorebyss usually only were found in deep trenches. Normally, I'd let Marshtomp and Surskit both go into the water and play, but the boat moved so fast, I might lose them. They seemed to understand that too.

We were getting closer to the island, in fact it was now visible. I returned my Pokemon and got ready to face my next challenge. Mr. Briney rang a sort of bell alerting me that it was about time as well. I nodded and began to shake in anticipation. Moments later we had arrived and I had gotten off the boat.

"Welcome to Dewford Island, kiddo. I've got some business back in Petalburg to care of. I'll be back to take you and that girl to Slateport in a bit. Good luck." He returned to his ship and went back north to Petalburg. I of course didn't mind. I had a gym battle to go to.

The island was just stunning. The sandy beaches and fresh ocean air were something that I had never seen before. This could almost be described as an island paradise. The town wasn't too big, almost the size of Ordale really. I liked it here. Maybe I could vacation from time to time here. Now where is that gym?

I had found the gym. Before I entered the gym however, Sophia came out of the Pokemon Center and stopped me and came running towards me. "Rudy! I'm so glad you are here. I would expect you at Rusbero now instead of here." I told her about my encounter in the Woods and my journey thus far. "That's awful! But I'm just glad you were there to stop those bad guys from causing more damage. You came at the perfect time though, there is a cave on the other side of the island called Granite Cave. You and I should go explore it together. We'll call it a date or something."

A date? That was an odd way to put it. However, I could use the extra training so I agreed to her proposal. A date was still pushing it a bit far I would think. Sophia always used odd words like that from time to time though. I never questioned her why. That was just Sophia to me.

We headed over to the cave. Sophia stopped us for a second to say some things. "I heard that the cave exits out to a really weird place. We should try to go and see it." That actually sounded fun. Before, this cave only had a dead end, but now that some dedicated minors went all the way through, its been a wonder of Hoenn.

The cave inside was extremely dry. For a tropical island, that was a shock. A lot of pokemon were scurrying around. Arron, Geodude, and Zubat were what we saw the most. We traveled deeper into the cave, battling Pokemon that attacked us, side by side. Her Treecko had apparently evolved into a Grovyle while we were separated. But that wasn't a surprise seeing as Marshtomp was by me.

We reached the B1 floor, but right as we did, our weight forced some rocks loose, separating us into a different floor. I had no idea where she went nor she I. I was really worried now. She could have been hurt.

I heard a soft voice come from the wall next to me. "Rudy, I'm fine. How about you? Okay good. We fell into different shafts, but I see some paths, I'm going to follow them and try to get back to you. Try to do the same." Then there was silence. It was just me now. There were lights scattered about, so this was obviously already explored. If I just followed the lights, there was a good chance I'd find my way through.

That was simple really. I just followed the path and lights. I saw a latter ahead of me. I hoped that Sophia had an easy time too. There was just one thing that was in my way though. A Pokemon called Mawile stood in my path. Mawile was a Steel type. Or so we originally thought. Recent studies in the Kalos region have specified it and many other Pokemon as the new Fairy type alongside its steel. Truth be told, I wanted this Pokemon.

"Go Surskit, use Bubble!" I let out my Pokemon and it instantly attacked the Mawile. The opponent did not like that one bit however. It came back with a furious bite attack. Surskit luckily had small legs and was able to slip away. "Surskit, Bubble one more time!" The attack hit again. Mawile seemed even more furious. Its large fly trap began to spark. That was odd. Mawile naturally couldn't learn Thunder Fang unless it was bred with a certain Pokemon. Maybe this Mawile was a released Pokemon? That would explain its anger towards me. "Surksit, dodge and use Quick Attack!" Flawless. I threw a Pokeball and watched it turn 3 times then click. I caught a Mawile!

Surskit began to shine like Mudkip did way back when. It was evolving! The light morphed it into something much bigger and with wings. A Masquerain was born. I congratulated Masquerain on evolving and helping us get a new friend. In fact, I let Mawile come out. It looked at me and turned away. Clearly this Pokemon has had a rough past. I reached into my bag and took out an Oran Berry. I had found these with some Pecha Berries a little while back on Route 102. The little Pokemon swiped it away and began eating. It still didn't look at me though. I understood its pain. I would just need to show it that it could trust me. I'd let her stay out of her Pokeball for a while and follow me.

I climbed the latter, and helped Mawile as well. To my surprise, Sophia was climbing the latter at the same time. "Oh, Rudy, I'm so glad you're safe. And we came up at the same time! It must be destiny that you and I are so in sync." She took notice to my Mawile. "I caught a new friend too. Say, how about we have a battle right now? I'll heal your Pokemon." I didn't refuse. It would be nice to have a little battle with Mawile and see what Sophia had completely.

I started off with Mawile. I nodded towards her. She needed to understand that I was not going to leave her. I was going to be her friend. Mawile's eyes glimmered a bit, trying to grasp that exact idea. She then nodded with a serious face and looked at Sophia.
    "Let's go! Nosepass!" She called out, releasing a very stiff looking Pokemon. "Let's use Rock Throw!" The Nosepass summoned rock's above it to throw at Mawile.
    "Mawile, use Fake Tears!" Mawile began to cry, as if it were afraid to get hurt. The Nosepass stopped its attack and walked over to Mawile to see if it was okay.
    "No Nosepass, don-"
    "Mawile, use Thunder Fang!" The flytrap grabbed Nosepass and began to shock it vigorously. Enough to the point to make it faint.. so I thought.
    "Thunder Fang, but... I see your game. Thanks to Sturdy though, that won't be enough to take us down. Nosepass, Thunder Wave!"
    That was bad. Mawile had it in her clamps, the attack was unavoidable. And now Mawile was paralyzed.
    "Rock Throw." She called. Was she insane, that would take them both out? And it did just that. Both fell to the ground fainted. We sent them back into there Pokeballs. She threw out her Poochyena and I my Masquerain. They stared at each other, each causing Intimidation.
    "Use Gust!" I called out. Masquerain began to flutter its wings and blow a powerful Gust at the Poochyena.
    "Use Oder Sleuth" The Poochyena rose its nose and caught the scent Masquerain had emitted. "Now use Bite." The Poochyena had a 100% accurate hit chance. The teeth dug into Masquerain, forcing it to shout in pain. I had to call it back.
    "Return! Go get it Marshtomp!" Marshtomp came flying out bit was stopped. I was too. Poochyena gave the same glow that indicated evolution. It turned into a Mightyena. We couldn't let that stop us though. "Marshtomp, Mud shot now!" I called out, it let out a fierce spray of mud, covering its paws and sticking the Mightyena into the mud.
    "No, Mightyena, you have to get fre-"
    "Water Gun!" Mightyena couldn't move and took the attack head on, forcing it to KO.
    "Just evolved too, but that's fine. You did great Mightyena, return. Now for you to experience my best friend's strength. Go, Grovyle!" This was a bad situation. Grovyle had a serious advantage over Marshomp. I had to think of some kind of strategy.
    "Use Water Gun on the ground! Then Mud Shot on Grovyle." Marshtomp did just that, forcing Grovyle to be stuck in the mud. "Now Bide."
    "Use Fury Cutter on the mud and break free!" Grovyle's arm glowed green and began to slice through the mud, but by the time it got free, Bide had unleashed. Grovyle looked tired. It seemed I had won. Or so I thought. "Grovyle, use Absorb."
    A grass attack. One that sucks the life out of a Pokemon and returns half of that life to the attacker. It was worse for Marshtomp being weak to Grass by four times. That was it for Marshtomp, he was gone. "Return. It's up to you Masqerain, go and use Gust one more time." The Pokemon came out and blew the gust at Grovyle. I might have absorbed some health, but not enough to withstand a flying type attack. Grovyle was out.

"You beat me again! My friends tried their hardest but just couldn't do it. We'll beat you next time. I'll heal your Pokemon. I can see the exit just up ahead." She was right, I could see light outside. But it wasn't normal light, it was man made light. Outside looked dark, black almost. She healed my Pokemon and we were off.

I was right. It was pitch black outside. The thing was though, it wasn't night time at all. It was only around four o'clock. The area was a large grass field. There were pink and yellow flowers scattered around. We couldn't get down from here either, since the ledges were far up from the water. What was really odd was that a pillar was in the middle of the area and on top of it sat a sphere that looked like a purple egg.

A man had noticed us and came towards us. "Welcome to Star Peak, children."

"Star Peak? So that's what this place is called." Sophia assumed.

"Indeed. You might be wondering why it is so dark here. Well, I'll tell you. That egg over there makes it so this specific place is always night time."

"That's really cool. I could come here someday with someone special and have a romantic evening under the stars." Sophia was saying those weird things again. But this place was unique for certain. What was that egg anyway?

"You might want to do that soon then little miss. That egg there is suppose to hatch once every thousand years. Its dating is just about there. But since you two made it through the cave, I have a gift for you both." He handed Sophia and I a disk. "That is an HM known as Cut. It'll come in handy for trainers like you."

"Thanks a lot mister. Can I ask what Pokemon is going to hatch from that egg?" Sophia's curiosity struck again.

"I wish I could tell you myself. Something that hatches once every thousand years though must be some sort of Legendary Pokemon right? You should come back a little later. It might just hatch when you do." The man walked into the cave and left Sophia and I alone in front of the egg.

"That is amazing. I really hope I'm here when the egg hatches. Hey, Rudy, I want to fight you again someday. I want to prove that I can beat you. I'm going to stay here for a little. You go ahead and face that Gym Leader."

I nodded and waved her off as I entered back into the cave. My next stop was the Dewford Gym!

13. Shuhbooty moon child

Ahhhh I've read this three times and I keep forgetting to comment! I love the appearance of Sophia. And the feeling she might have for Rudy (I hope he he). But for poor Rudy he's still a kid xD just some editing with punctuation needs to be done, and that's it. Love it. <3

14. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I forgot to comment here, but it's going really well. I can't wait to see what you did with the Dewfor gym, and I'm also pretty curious about that egg. All in all, it's great.

15. Mysty Unknown

You know, I was typing this and saved a draft and everything. But now the saved draft is gone and I have to start from scratch and I'm irritated by it. This post will be deleted and a new chapter posted as soon as I find the patience to re-write it all.

16. Shuhbooty moon child

How's the next chapter coming along? D:

17. Shuhbooty moon child

Bump