Nintendo Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Plums, May 7, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

No. It was hacked from the data within the game. Hoopa is not legitimately available right now.

2. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Ah, OK.

Btw, I was wondering, what is the scope of power of Hoopa? What is his dominion, you know, does it do that makes it a legendary?

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Here are its typing, stats, ability, and moves.

I can already tell you that its got amazing Special Attack, Attack, and Special Defense, which all only get stronger with its revealed alternate form. Also has a wide range of effective moves to choose from.

Though I'm kind of wondering how effective it can be against other Legendaries, with only 70 Speed and 60 Defense.

4. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

I was talking about what makes it a legendary, like Celebi's time traveling, Mew being the Pokémon with all ADN of all Pokémon, Jirachi's wish grating powers, etc.

But hey, thanks.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Oh, not a clue. We haven't gotten any specifics on the Pokemon or its lore, since it (and Volcanion) weren't even supposed to be known to exist yet.

6. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, that means we have to still wait.

Heck, GF, what are you waiting for?! We are in the middle of ORAS, and you still don't release those event Pokémon! The heck!

7. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

Wait. Hoopa has an alternate form? When was this?

8. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, this was known a long time ago. Some people called it its "Mega Evolution" before finding out it was only a forme change.

[​IMG]

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That looks more like a final boss or something from an RPG game than a pokemon

10. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

The other image was something that someone draw, a clearer image. The official leak is this one.

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

Okay, so I went to a poke mart with a Hoopa in my party (yea yea) and someone gave me a Prison Bottle and it went in key items. I used and it change formes to its Unbound forme and it's totally awesome.!

12. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Really? Cool! I still don't get why they don't officially release Hoopa and Volcanion... I mean, it's not like it's a secret that they are event Pokémon...

I guess Hoopa and Volcanion will break the time record that Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect imposed of how long they spent as the so-called secret event Pokémon.

Like Dumbledore said, paraphrasing it, it's supposed to be a secret so of course everyone already knows about it.

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hoopa officially announced about a week ago in case someone missed it. Kotaku had a really interesting speculation article about Hoopa and its likely role in ORAS canon (with the conversation in Pokemarts that I believe happens when you get the item @Ghost was talking about), would definitely recommend checking it out.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually saw a video that was hacked a little before that was announced, and I thought the whole Pokemart thing was just them messing around, but apparently it was part of the actual event. So I already know what's going on. But man, those stats of Unbound Hoopa. Banned pokemon for sure

15. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I missed the release of Diancie, sadly. :c I really need to keep up on these ones, even with a missing piece in my nearly complete Living Dex. I got AS for Christmas, but have had so little time to play. And so little money to buy a recharge card so I can keep my bank open another year. D: Yeah, if you bought a bank account when it came out in the states, then it's running out relatively soon-ish.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's only $5 for another year though, so it's not a bad thing. Also, if you need a Diancie, I can just give you mine. I can easily get a new one back

17. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I have about $15 in my bank account, and wondering if I can let that sit there, but I know I HAVE to get the card before the days are up, because there's no way I'm losing my Pokemon and account over $5. There's a few in there from my original play through of FR/LG.

If... if you can actually do that, you will be my favorite person ever. I was crushed to find out I couldn't get Diancie, and I don't really have connections. I'll contact you through Skype! YOU ARE AWESOME JUST FOR OFFERING!

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Do I even have you on skype? Either way, it doesn't matter to me since I don't really use it except for contests, and I can get another through powersaves anyway

19. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound are absolutely delightful. I had been following the speculation surrounding Hoopa (and Volcanion) for a good while, so it is excellent to see some actual confirmation. That typing though. Hmmhmhmhm.

Re: role in ORAS canon. There is something very peculiar about the notion of ghosts, hauntings, and unexplained occurrences peppered very gently throughout this generation; at the least, X and Y, and I suppose the ORAS Pokemart legend ties it further into something that appears very deliberate on the part of the developers.

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

Apparently, GameFreak is handing out the fully evolved Gen V starters with their hidden abilities. Serperioir is out now, and Samurott and Emboar are coming out within the upcoming week(s).

dat serperior + leaf storm combo finally here, yaaaaaaas