Nintendo Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So for those confused, the boutiques and other places you can't enter right away in Lumiose City are because of you not having a high enough Style. Serebii made a page listing how you can put up your style and what it opens. Some of you were posting about getting into that boutique, so I figured I'd place this here to help you guys know exactly what you can do.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/lumiosestyle.shtml

Also, annoyingly, my game is just sitting in our mailbox and I would have had today off, but I decided to say yes to Target for working another guy's shift who was terminated..........so now I only have Friday off to play this game.....[DOUBLEPOST=1382075098][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hey, you better add me as a friend, or else I'm going to hunt you down.

I just got my game in the mail, and the guide book as well (which is the biggest monster of a book considering it's so small compared to the rest. It's the size of a normal novel book but thicker than any of the other guide books so far), so I'm probably going to be playing for a while. Anyone got advice that I might want to know right off the bat?

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Forgot to post this earlier, but I came across a nifty article on Siliconera that gives an overview of the influences upon the design of X and Y, particularly, why they are easier than some past games: read here

If you don't wanna click:

I think it's interesting that they took into account the smartphone and online related business. The ease of EV training now makes it much easier for people to get into competitive play (and will hopefully open a wide range of team combinations!). Though, it does kinda suck that the game is, as quite a few people have told me, not really all that difficult. I hope that they do add some more features in with events (previous champion battles pls), or at least if they do opt for a Pokemon Z, include a Hard Mode enabled at the beginning for those who'd like a more challenging run (like B2/W2 had).

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Maybe this is a bit extreme, but I've begun to think the main Pokémon franchise should split into two distinct series: one more adventure-oriented, where the player catches and raises a team of trusty allies to take on the evils of the world, and a sort of Stadium-esque challenge series with absolutely zero hand-holding, where creating sophisticated and competitive teams is a breeze and the challenges are intense and engaging even up to lv100. I think it would do much to satisfy both parties; while I still enjoy the main storyline of the games, I'm often frustrated by the number of useful yet gated features that require you to beat it to unlock, and even with the concessions made it's still very difficult to build an optimized, tourney-level team (unless they've added some miracle that makes getting max IVs less time-consuming, in which case holy sht Game Freak you did it). If two sets of games were each allowed to narrow their focus, it might improve the baseline experience for casual players as well as streamline the more competitive aspects and maybe - just maybe - cash in on some of that simulator crowd.

4. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I think even though the main game will be easy, the meta game will continue to be "difficult" (there will always be a japanese better than you). Some things I don't care , but they could maybe let the elite four powerfull... but I disagree with the "smartphones thing"... people always say that nowadays people play only for 5 minutes, I still play 30+ hours of kingdom hearts, even my Ps vita games will be played for hours ... I think nintendo has two aproaches:

1) They recognize smartphones as their adversaries... with this they will probably die, because there is a new smartphone every year making handleds eventually obsoletes

2) They keep doing their thing, handleds/console games are just BETTER than angry birds, or people don't see it?

5. Mysty Unknown

Well I beat X again, if anyone would care to trade friend codes, let me know. For friend Safari I know I give Charmeleon. That's all I am aware of.

Either give it to me in response to this, or leave it on my profile. Will probably be gone for the remainder of the day.

FC: 4511-0583-2371

6. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

so i couldn't buy a new 3ds(bummer :( ) so my fc will always remain 1289-8395-3330

registering you right now

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

You also give Magmar.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Registering you both

FC 2895-7225-7174

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I was wondering if there was already a thread in regards to friend code exchanging.

3153-3944-3740 <---Friend code Dragon: Fraxture, Sligoo, Noibat

PM me your friend code if you're adding. =)

10. Shift Chaser

I just got Y this friday, my safari's Fire, got Growlithe, Pyroar and Braixen, if anyone wants in just say and i'll add, FC's 2707-2175-1003.

And now more importantly, anyone here with a Manectite wanna trade for a Houdoomite or Heracronite? I got Y mostly for Manectric, but I can't find anyone willing to trade me his stone now.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Added both of you. Just look up for my FC though, I'm not posting it again. Too lazy.

And I don't have a Manectite, but if I get one, I can trade you for something later

12. Shift Chaser

Added. And no problem, not in a hurry to get it, still deciding on my team.
    Also, if anyone needs, I've got a few leftovers of when I was breeding Timid Electrikes and am now breeding Timid Noibats, if anyone needs some, i got plenty.

13. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

just add you. i was hoping that someone would have a mega stone for Pinsir and I would trade in a Heracronite

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I can mess with my 3DS settings to 8pm and grab the mega stone for Pinsir if you want. I did the same thing to grab a few of the others for the heck of it, but I didn't grab the ones I wouldn't use.

15. Mysty Unknown

A certain someone managed to hack into X and Y and now we have images of the 3 Mythical Pokemon for this generation as well as two new Mega Pokemon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hey guys, my friend code is 0018-1048-0256
    i think im a ground type on friend safari

17. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that's pretty cool. i wonder when these Pokemon will be available legit. i also wonder how someone hacked into the game, i thought that no one hacked into 3DS games yet?

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Does anyone have a Froakie with the protean ability and want to trade me one?

19. Shift Chaser

I got a couple if you still need it.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

When are you good to trade?