Pokkén Tournament

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 26, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I've legitimately already talked about that by saying it only happens with big name fighters. This is from Tekken, so it's possible, but those big name fighters also always have a console release date way before the arcade release. Example? Tekken 7. The next Tekken. The exact next Tekken.

There are LOTS of fighting games that come out exclusively to Japan and never make it over here. I could list one from every gen since gen 3, honestly.

I've discussed the evidence that supports them localizing the game and I've discussed evidence them of them not in this thread through various bullet points. I get people people want it localized, but when wacky titles like this spur up and are revealed as an arcade game in Japan (a move both Namco and Nintendo have made before), you have to tread with caution here. I mean, a new Final Fantasy game was just announced around that time too. Almost everyone has come to America... guess where it's not coming? :/ Lost Planet has had every entry come to America... except the RPG spinoff on PS3- that stayed away. Like, saying "every entry has come over so this one will too" isn't evidence at all. Otherwise, Fatal Frame for Wii would've come over because they all had previously. I get this is a fighting game, but it's entirely possible Nintendo wanted a quarter eater to make money and that's it.

2. 61 No. B

Not releasing this internationally would be a horrendous mistake. This could be the extra push to get people to buy a Wii U or a selling point altogether. I would buy a Wii U for this alone.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I agree

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Especially if it doesn't have Magikarp as a playable character! D:

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New info released today!

Confirmed playable Pokémon so far:
    • Lucario
    • Machamp
    • Suicune
    • Gardevoir
    • Pikachu
    There are also Support Pokémon. You select two before a match begins, and for each round you select one of the two. During the battle, you can press the L button to activate them; they then need to recharge before used again. Confirmed Support Pokémon so far include:
    • Snivy
    • Lapras
    • Emolga
    • Fennekin

More info here.

Footage of a fight between Pikachu and Gardevoir:

And here's Suicune vs. Machamp:

One last one: Pikachu vs. Lucario

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'm glad there was a video in there for Suicune because my immediate first question upon reading the confirmed characters was HOW IN THE FUUUUUU

But it seems like the project is coming along well. Still waiting for that confirmation of a western release in some form.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I KNOW RIGHT

I feel pretty confident that it'll come west in some form. When it was first announced, the international Pokémon sites acknowledged it, too. There are gonna be location tests at the end of this month/beginning of next month for the game in Japan (since y'know it's still just an arcade game rn), so I'd expect it'll be available around Japan by March at the latest, and then I expect it wouldn't take long to port or localize.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Stuff like Captain Toad gives me hope they'll release it as a Wii U budget title.

And while I still support past me's thesis on why it's too early to assume they'll release it in America, Captain Toad releasing for dirt cheap alongside Nintendo trying to make entries in niche genres all over to have a presence in multiple communities gives me hope.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Frogadier and Eevee were revealed to be a third set of supports. Frogadier attacks the opponent with Water Pulse, and Eevee boosts your attack and heals you with Helping Hand.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A new playable character was announced this weekend: Say hello to Gengar!

[​IMG]

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Yes hi may I please have this game now

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New confirmed additions:

Playable Pokemon:
    • Charizard
    • Weavile
    Support Pokemon:
    • Jirachi
    • Whimsicott

Also, opening movie:

Charizard trailer:

Weavile trailer:

Game will launch July 16th in Japanese arcades.

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Game has now launched in Japanese arcades, and another confirmed character has been added:

Blaziken (Mega Evolution included):

Blaziken will be added in an update next month.

Source

14. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

This game looks great and they have chosen a really good set of characters so far, I agree that not releasing this game internationally would be a huge mistake. Although I personally think it will release internationally , I just hope they don't turn it into another exclusive pokemon game like Pokemon mystery dungeon blazing, stormy and light adventure squad.

15. libregkd -

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer featuring Pikachu Libre (who'll count as a different character since it has a different move-set than regular Pikachu):

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Mewtwo revealed (with a new form):

[​IMG]

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Dark Mewtwo = Original Character, Don't Steal

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New (and final?) trailer:

Also, new Mewtwo form is officially called "Shadow Mewtwo".