Portal to TWTNW

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Iskandar, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that's at least thought this once, but what's up with the portal to TWTNW being in the digital twilight town and no one being able to find Roxas for a while? I mean, Axel was in it a few times, but he couldn't really do too much, and if Ansem ran the computer program, why didn't he just get rid of the portal and all the nobodies inside the space in the first place? Was the digital world a completely seperate world somehow? And if the portal was in that world, how is it that all of the Organization didn't just go in through there to grab Roxas if they wanted him back so badly? Seems like a bad call on DiZ's part to leave that portal thing alone if you ask me; though I guess it was the only way to get to TWTNW in the first place, but that's just a plot thing

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

That is a good question, and a serious plot hole that needs filling. However, all I can offer is speculation, specifically that its entirely possible that the portal to TWTNW was shielded somehow from Ansem's system scans. Its also possible that the portal was created sometime between Sora's waking up and the journey to TWTNW, and that Axel was simply using the Corridors of Darkness to get into the digital Twilight Town.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Note that the portal wasn't there when you first enter. It shows up after the fight with Axel. But there are too many unknowns surrounding it. My standing theory is that it was the portal Axel was going to use to bring Roxas back with. But after he lost the battle he couldn't go back (he would have been turned into a Dusk), so he took a portal to the real Twilight Town instead.

More interesting to me is why that portal would be permanent when others stay open for usually only a few seconds (and Namine even had one close prematurely). Maybe it is easier to maintain a portal to a data world since it isn't a physical place. Maybe the darkness from the Dark City stabilized it. Again I really don't know.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to Kingdom hearts II as it feels like it fits better there.

I assumed it was what Axel put there to start with in order to get back, or it was a biproduct of him teleporting away after the fight with Roxas and it just remained. I do think it was Axel's doing, he wanted Sora and everyone to get to TWTNW but whether that was intentional or not I don't know.

5. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Well then again MY thing with Namine's portal was that Xemnas made it close prematurely.

But yeah, and wouldn't the Organization know about the portal and closed it off so that no one could reach their world?

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

How could Sora and co land the gummi ship inside a cave at the End of the World? How is Monstro floating around in space? Some things are better left unasked. But really I always got the impression that Axel did it, and about other portals closing seconds after that one did/won't ever, the portal itself doesn't really look like the others; more like an absent silhouette kind of thing. It was just a way to get from point a to point b, instinctively you get the impression that it happened due to the fight between Roxas and Axel, so I'd just leave it at that.