Prima Guide for Kingdom Hearts 2.5?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

So, I am a little crazy, but I have been checking Google, Amazon, Gamestop's website, etc pretty much daily for the past couple months, searching for even the faintest clue that there will be a hardcover edition game guide for KH 2.5, much in the same style as Prima did this guide for the 1.5 collection:

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Heart...-1&keywords=kingdom+hearts+1.5+strategy+guide

Mind you, the above guide wasn't without flaws, but I greatly enjoyed having it as a resource for the past HD collection. If my memory serves, I pre-ordered the above guide at least a couple months before the game released. Now, we have roughly 2 weeks until 2.5 releases and I cannot find any indication that a guide covering 2.5 is going to be released.

In my depravity, I even contacted Prima Games via email regarding any possible guide in the works. I got about what i expected as a response:

"Thank you for reaching out! We’re very happy that you’ve come to us to get the most out of your game. While we’d love to be able to publish official strategy content for every major release, we do not have information on this title at this time. Stay tuned, we hope to have more information in the coming months.

Thank you!"

This was on October 21st. I remember that guide book for the first HD collection was delayed over a month past its initial scheduled release date. Perhaps there were some issues in releasing the first guide that I am not aware of that are affecting the release of the sequel guide? Does anyone have any ideas or insight that I lack? I prefer to get as close to 100% completion in a single run through of a game as I can, and guides are usually pivotal in my doing so. ​

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If there was anything on a 2.5 HD ReMix Prima guide, I'd have heard of it by now. Unfortunately, doesn't look like they're making one. Best-case scenario, they release a guide months later (better late than never). But I wouldn't hold out much hope honestly.

3. CharlesMabe Moogle Assistant

I found your topic on Google and I thought I'd respond.

I bought the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Prima strategy guide, and it was flawed. There was no mention of certain vital synthesis items and it added one that didn't exist. That was only the first problem I saw and I began to see more. In response, I sent Prima a somewhat angry letter. I asked them to take their time on their guides and told them I wished I could get an updated 1.5 guide instead of the unreliable one I purchased. I told them how much I hated their new strategy of making every guide an e-guide and of taking books off the shelves of stores within weeks after the game's release. I also told them that BradyGames always has better-structured guides and that they don't force you to read endless paragraphs just to find items in games. I told Prima that their exclusivity to game guides was creating a monopoly that was probably making them think they could be careless. I always thought BradyGames guides were far more intuitive and of better quality.

Maybe I'm not the only one who expressed my complaints, and maybe the lack of a guide here is a result of fan backlash. I hope that they're just taking their time now, and I can always dream of getting a replacement guide to my copy of 1.5.

4. Antidote Façade

It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be an official guide in any capacity, but the terrible Prima guide for I.5 is probably an indication as to why they haven't bothered to do one for this.

5. RikuNoctis Moogle Assistant

We can always expect another publisher to do it, but I must admit I was a bit dissapointed with the guide for 1.5.
    The original Ultimania had it's flaws, but it was good. At least SQEX should have released one edited by Studio BentStuff, like the FF 25th Anniv.

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I know this thread is probably a necro, but I'm really interested in knowing of any/all the errors in the 1.5 guide?
    Googling has shown me nothing, unless I'm not googling things correctly.

7. RikuNoctis Moogle Assistant

Doesn't have a Synthesis list with data, like the original Ultimania.
    Some things are wrong (pretty usual in guides like this; not even the Ultimanias or Compilations are perfect) but still, the errors are way too obvious, like the Dalmatians, some chests (early game).
    Also, it doesn't include Gummi ship data, which could be a little annoying given the fact new players don't know a thing and experienced players at least deserve an explanation about EX Missions.

Overall, I'd say the guide is good for anyone new to the series, but fails miserably with the new content, which is apparent only mentioning the strategy tips and explanations, which are lacking in detail.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

A gamefaqs guide would be much better.

9. RikuNoctis Moogle Assistant

I agree.

The most notable issue with the guide is the Synthesis data; it doesn't include new materials nor where/how to find/farm them. I think at least it should have been better organized and detailed, because it is a guide after all. In my case I buyed it because I "collect" them, for the artwork and some other things like info and/or interviews, but still...

TBH, it would be better if you just went to GameFAQS and use the old Final Mix guides rather than buying the Prima one.

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

There's also the websites around.
    Destiny Islands is a website that's a guide.
    There's also the strategy wiki...youtube videos...plenty of sources of information!

In fact, I'm pretty sure they probably just copied the original game's guide and edited it just enough to make it seem new. They didn't even take into account of changes!

11. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

That's why I didn't even bother getting the 1.5 guide cause for one it's for games I already played and owned and two, I had a feeling it was gonna be a slapped-together job and shoved out onto the market considering it doesn't even take into account the Final Mix content.

Plus you have GameFAQs which has extensive coverage and for free.

12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I remember the KH1 guide being REALLY GOOD. It even had cool little maps you could look at of all the areas. They even showed us the writer's awesome gummi ship, but he never detailed how he did it D:

So sad that it had to be thrown away after being torn up and milk spilled on it :(

13. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

I was looking forward to putting a KH2.5 guide next to my 1.5 one (and then getting angry because, inevitably, the spines wouldn't match). Sales for the first one must have really been disappointing for them not to make another one. Shame.