Birth by Sleep Protagonist's Ages

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Mysty, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mysty Unknown

How old do you think Ven, Terra, and Aqua are. I do not believe an age was ever specified. If there was please tell me. Also, after all their stories are over
    Aqua goes into the Dark Meridian, Terra gets turned into a Vessel and Ven ends up going into a slumber at Castle Oblivion, Do you think they age at all during these states?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Of course they age. It's not like there's no time in the Realm of Darkness, and even though Ven has been sleeping for 11 years, he's aged of course. It might not be as simple to noticed like with Sora from KH to KHII, but there's of course aging. After all, we even saw that Terra's body aged, even though it was Xehanort who controlled his body

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I thought Ventus has been asleep for 12 years.

4. Mysty Unknown

Well, with Aqua and Ven, they just seemed to not change at all. They look pretty much the same after all that time. That still doesn't answer my question on how old they are

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not sure we can even get an actual age. We were told Sora, Riku, and Kairi's age in the instruction book of KH, which is why we know their's, but as far as I know there's nothing on Aqua, Terra, and Ven's ages. I'd have to guess though that Terra and Aqua were something like 18 in BBS, and Ven being maybe 16, give or take, but that's just a guess. I can't say now though, because time does work differently in the worlds

6. Misty gimme kiss

Aqua does not age in the Dark Meridian, no. We know that from seeing her talk to Ansem the Wise there--she hasn't changed a bit. I would wager that Ven hasn't either, being trapped in a sleeping chamber... then again, during Sora's slumber between Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II, he aged. So he could go either way, for me. I think Terra's body most definitely has aged, though.

Otherwise, I would also place Aqua and Terra in their late teens. Ven seems really young to me though? I'd put him at 14 or 15, 16 max.

7. Mysty Unknown

Have you beaten Dream Drop Distance? If so...
    You see Ven sleeping after you beat the game I believe after the credits. He didn't appear to age either. Maybe Castle Oblivion stops aging? It has some weird things going on within the walls so suspending age could be another one.

8. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

You mean their ages in BBS? Following this logic, they'd all be in their 20s by now.

I think both Terra and Aqua were in their 20s in BBS, and Ven was around 16, yeah.

9. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Ven couldn't be 16 because they said he was too young to take the Mark of Mastery and yet Sora who is 16 during Kh3D could take it so maybe he is 15. Plus Terra and Aqua should be around late teens at the most.

10. The-Emonite Moogle Assistant

I'm not sure if it is already too late to contribute to this conversation. However, the ages of the characters in BBS has always been something I was curious about too.

In the instruction manual for BBS, I remember it referring to the main characters very specifically in their descriptions as a "Young Man" (Terra), "Young Woman" (Aqua), and a "Boy" (Ventus). I don't know if this provides much guidance, but I always felt like they wanted us to believe Terra and Aqua were early-twenties, young adults.

In the case of Ventus, I believe I read somewhere (the novels, perhaps) that Ven's separation from Vanitas took place four years before the events in BBS. If the first Ven cutscene we saw in the game was that far back, and Ven still looked similar to his current appearance, I don't think he could have been TOO young then or now.

As for the ages for the Mark of Mastery, I'm not sure if there is really an age requirment for taking that exam at all. I have not played 3D yet, so I don't know if that was disproved, though. However, Terra and Aqua were honored for being Eraqus' "Youngest Prospects In Years", so apparently, age was overlooked once. Ven, I believe was actually "told" he was too young so that they could prevent training him for his inevitable fate.

To the point, I would personally put Aqua and Terra in their very early twenties, and Ven no older than 17 at BBS's conclusion.

11. Misty gimme kiss

I haven't, nope. Only watched some cutscenes and read spoilers so my information could be a bit shoddy.
    I suppose the explanation for Ven not aging, but Sora aging, could be that Aqua specifically made Castle Oblivion to preserve Ven. Sora's room/pod didn't have such provisions--and in any case, Sora was eventually moved to Twilight Town.
    That, and there may not be a specific age requirement but a maturity level too. They might have told Ven he was too young because they felt he needed a few more years to ripen. Age is just a number, after all.

12. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Knowing Nomura he'll find some way for them to all appear as they were in BBS.