PS3 Controller Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Technology' started by EvilMan_89, Feb 26, 2011.

1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i'm having quite a lot of trouble with one of my PS3 controllers. the PS3 controller won't turn on UNLESS it's plugged in through USB. if it's plugged in, it will work seamlessly. however! the second you disconnect it, it shuts off and becomes unusable until it's plugged back in. i have scoured Google but haven't found any solutions that work. so any help please?

and before anyone says this: YES IT IS FULLY CHARGED

2. Majik Chaser

The battery inside the controller is going out. The only solution would be to replace the controller.

3. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i was hoping it wouldn't come to that because those controllers are so expensive. thanks though.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Or it could be that the wireless part of the controller that allows the signal communication between it and the PS3 itself is damaged/dying/dead etc... (I'm thinking this might be the case if it says your controller is fully charged...) - I can speak from experience about this... :/
    either way, it amounts to the same thing, whether it's the battery dying or the wireless part of the controller.
    You'll have to buy another.
    Sorry man. :/

5. Jin うごかないで

Try reassigning the controller , since i'm on KHV from my ps3 , i'll explain .
    on the back of the controller , the middle section , there should be a small rectangle with a tiny button in it , press that button with a thumb or finger nail or a pencil , if the lights on the controller do not flash then you need a new controller , you may have a battery problem with the controller , you need to see if the lights on your current controller flash when it isn't connected to the PS3

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i can reassign it perfectly fine. however, it does not flash when not connected to the PS3. so i guess it is the battery issue. before i get a replacement, i will call Sony and see if they maybe have some sort of repair service. they do for systems, and even if it were out of warranty it was cheaper than buying a new one. i'm hoping it's the same case for controllers. though i have to wait til monday as they aren't open on weekends.