Sony PS4 Pro Announced; Nov 10th Release Date @ $399

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Apr 19, 2016.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

But how many teraflops will it have?

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

niceme.me

• Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
      • CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar," 8 cores
      • GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
    • Memory: GDDR5 8GB
    • Storage size: 1TB
    • External dimensions: Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
    • Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
    • BD/DVD Drive: BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
    • Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
    • Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
    • Power: AC 100V, 50/60Hz
    • Power consumption: Max. 310W
    • Operating temp: 5ºC – 35ºC
    • AV Output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR) DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

>4.20

And you accuse me of memeing.

So Scorpio has 6 TFLOPS. Scorpio wins the battle of flopping.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Only the dankest of memes in this house.

Yes, the Scorpio will be more powerful, but it will also be more expensive and won't exactly line up with what Sony is doing. As I've said to people many times before, the PS4 Pro is chasing the XBone S, and in that regard it does very well. Any sort of Scorpio vs PS4 Pro comments are the same thing as saying "yeah, but a corvette is faster than a civic". To which I respond to those comments with "no sh1t dude".

Not to take a jab at you (because I'm not), I just don't think a large majority of the complaints going at the PS4 Pro are valid. You'll see stuff like "but its the games that matter not the graphics", "the scorpio is more powerful", "HDR doesn't make a difference", "nobody asked for 4k gaming when we can barely do 1080p60".

A more powerful machine is the step that is needed to be taken to allow for more demanding games. The quality of the actual gameplay/story/"fun factor" is not something Sony can control via hardware. Would I like Sony to roll out something similar to the Scorpio in the future? Yes, but even if that doesn't happen, I will be okay with it as long as they keep raising the bar in terms of better hardware. The excuse "we don't need it, we need better games" is hilariously bad, to which I say, why can't we have both?

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Are there complaints at the PS4 Pro? I was just fucking around. Like, the only complaint I'd throw at it is that 1tb harddrive. Too small in my Xbox, too small here. Different compression rates sure, but you get what I mean. 4K gaming is going to mean bigger texture files and that's going to mean even less space.

As far as the future goes, I think Sony is taking their time since they control such a large market share. They'd have to convince people to upgrade when the world isn't even there yet while MS having about half the sales numbers last I checked is offering a conversion with a reason. Upgrades, as we've seen in the market, are much harder to pull off; that's what normies thought the Wii U was for the first two years and look at the results.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Across the board both users and journalists/content creators, there have been loads and loads of complaints. examples of which I listed above. As for the HD issue, I am going to swap it out the day I get it, unfortunately if its the same HD cage as the PS4, its going to have a hardware limitation of only being able to support 2TB 2.5 inch drives, due to drives large than that being taller than 9mm (I believe is the max height of the PS4 HD cage). That's a huge issue, especially with the unit being taller, so if it isn't a bigger cage that'll suck. Aside from that, I don't understand the issues people have. If you don't like it don't buy it. Easy.

7. Rhyagella Merlin's Housekeeper

Does the Scorpio move away from DDR3 to DDR5?

I wouldn't put it pass Microsoft to still screw up with Scorpio somehow. If they don't, I'm interested in how they are going to afford manufacturing a console with that kind of horsepower. It has to mean the price will skyrocket, making PS4 probably still the choice of gaming platforms (if it wasn't for the exclusives already).

I bet that in the end, the devs will not try to utilize that horsepower either. lol 30fps @ 900p.