PSP issue

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Excasr, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

For some reason my PSP doesn't run any game. When I try to unlock it to play the ISO files I have, it only reloads and get me back to the main menu and my games aren't there.

I think it is an organization issue. My PSP is:
    What do you think?
    PLEASE I NEED TO PLAY IT BECAUSE I JUST LOVE EVERY ONE OF MY GAMES T.T I stopped playing it for some weeks due tigh schedule. My cousin updated it in the meanwhile, I believe. Not sure what he meant by it, not sure if that's important but I'm posting.

IF YOU HELP ME I'LL LOVE YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

2. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

It doesn't sound like an organistaion issue. I think, if you installed CFW and he's updated it with OFW it's gonna go wrong (At least from what I learnt), so I recommend redoing your CFW installation first and checking to see if games load after that.

3. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

ladjlksajdaklsdj I'm noob at this. Could you say what are those things, or if not at least how do I redo my CFW installation, please? :(

Oh, and thanks a lot!

4. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Well if you're playing iso files, unless Sony has changed their rules, you're using Custom Firmware (CFW), as opposed to Official Firmware (OFW).

As for how to redo a CFW installation, I'm not too familiar with it myself, as I bought my PSP with it already installed. Your best bet would be to check this site

5. Karuta Reborn

Assuming you have a PSP 1000, here's what you do.

1. Copy everything off the memory card and put it in a new folder on the desktop.
    2. Format the memory card to Fat32.
    1. DOWNLOAD THE NECESSARY FILES

2. UPDATE YOUR PSP TO FIRMWARE 6.60
    In order to install Pro CFW on your PSP, you will need to first update your PSP to the 6.60 Sony firmware. There are versions of Pro CFW that will run on older firmwares, but updating to 6.60 will guarantee the best compatibility for your official games.
    To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

3. INSTALL PRO CFW
    The Pro CFW archive provides several subfolders in the “PSP/GAME” folder. Two of them are needed: the FastRecovery and the PROUPDATE folders. Those two need to be extracted to the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick.
    Assuming you extracted the files correctly, you will see a few new applications in your PSP’s Game menu. The one you will want to run in order to install Pro CFW is “Pro Update”. Just run it.
    That’s it. You can erase the “ProUpdate” and “FastRecovery”.
    4. Format the memory stick again and put everything back on it.

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

If I can remember press select and there will somthing that says UMD ISO MODE. Chose either M33, Sony NP9660, or Inferno. Mess with that and see which one works.