Video pwilliard got suspended from YouTube!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by guardiansoulblade, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

May I ask, but which one of me, Avi, P-will, or Budds ever went over to you on YouTube or otherwise and strictly labeled ourselves as you put it.. "THE BEST?" We aren't. In fact, who in the world made the KH AMV editing community into some kind of constant comparison? We didn't, and we don't want a part of it. The 4 people that you selected out are just a group of close friends who also happened to have been on YouTube a while and make videos for fun. If people want to go ahead and call us what you did, then they can. That's an opinion. Those people aren't us, and don't prove the title to be true either. Your opinion is valued, and such but honestly... why do you care so much? YouTube used to be a generally fun website to visit every once in a while, but now it's like a hell hole, and that's not just because of the Copyright issues. It's because people on YouTube seem to seek us, or others out as more then we really are. We're humans. Not gods. We're friends. Not a 'cliche'. There's a big difference, which you and a few others on this topic fail to see.

Maybe you're right, maybe there are far better AMV makers. In fact, there probably are. What's your point? Honestly, if he was just into AMV editing for the 'popularity', I think he would of stopped a while ago when haters began to roll in. But that's not the case, like I said up there, we edit for pure and good fun. And it really is fun. Don't suck the fun out of it by making it into some ruthless competition. Look around this entire thread. Hate, hate, and more hate. That is NOT what editing it about, okay? It truly annoys the hell out of me when people obsess over it to the point where they're purposely tearing someone down to try and make them feel like crap for doing something they love. Something everyone once loved!

Just because it's not as fun anymore, don't blame us. We aren't responsible for your editing. We're responsible for our own. That goes for all of you who attempted to pull pwilliard, or anyone else down in this thread.

Edit for the pure sake of editing. Subscribers? Views? Competions? That's all trivial things. They aren't the things that make you into the editor that you are. Unless you give a damn about how 'popular' you are. Which I can assure you all straight here and now, me and my friends, avidityy, budds, and pwilliard could not care less about.

As for the 'MEP', the main goal of that was between me and Angel8686. It involved selecting people that just simply came to our mind that may have been simply new to editing or otherwise. It wasn't a 'cut down' of any attempt, and we apologize for not being able to fit an entire YouTube community into one song.. -.- But since you seem so keen on the subject, it doesn't appear to be going anywhere anyway. Oh well. It was for fun. The video was simply to get the selected editors into the YouTube group quicker since multiple invites were not working properly.

Thank you for reading, and have a good day. My apologies if this is a somewhat harsh reply, it is not only aimed at you, cstar, but what you said caught both me and avidityy's eyes. It's just our honest point of view.

P.S. I also stand by what avidityy said... if you were all intended to make someone feel miserable, then I hope to hell you're proud of yourselves if it works. :/ Because it would only prove all low YouTube really has become.

2. Stardust Chaser

Just wondering -- when did this become a discussion of whether Pwilliard, Avi, Haz, etc. deserve their subscribers or not? The fact of the matter is, Pwilliard was suspended, despite having thousands of people who watch his videos. If that says anything then it says YouTube is really cracking down on AMVs. Soon these undiscovered editors everyone keeps ranting and raving about will be nonexistent -- their accounts erased.
    Also -- I've spoken with several of these 'popular' people myself and I must say they're some of the kindest and most creative individuals I've ever come in contact with. I'm not saying that these 'undiscovered' editors aren't nice and aren't creative, but I AM saying that it's really not fair to say that those who have been discovered don't deserve all of their friends and subscribers: they love editing, they love Kingdom Hearts, they love music, and they love meeting other people like them. There's nothing wrong with that.
    I think the main reason that some people have more friends/subscribers than others is because they've been around longer and have been more active. I know people who have over ten times more subscribers than I have on YouTube, and they seem to post much more often than I do, or at least at the peak of their subscriber gain they did.

3. childofturin Why?

Haz/stardust - as I stated before, I, at least, don't think he is either A) the best or B) undeserving of his subbers. I think he's a talented AMV creator who, through some sheer fluke of fate, has amassed more subscribers than anyone else, and he continues to release quality videos once in a while. I understand he has some sort of real life to interfere with his editing, making his releases come less often. He was one of the reasons I started editing, and gave me valuable tips. I have seen better, and I have seen far, far worse. He is upper-middle tier, if there is such a scale, and I do enjoy his stuff. It does suck, however, that his account has been deleted, since he doesn't have all of his vids on his computer anymore. I don't have all of mine, either, so I would be in a smaller version of his boat, if I got deleted.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

This isn't a thread about hating on anyone. It's just annoying when people get so much more attention. I know editing is fun and all, but its really disheartening when we put so much effort in what we do and get only one or so nice comments, while you guys can do just about anything and still get a bunch of love for it. The reason I edit is to bring entertainment to others, and if I don't see that many people like it, I don't see a reason to continue, which is why most editors quit before ever getting popular, and that is caused by the audience swaying to what they already know.

I'm sorry if this seemed like an attack Avi, its just really frustrating is all.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

I take it this is Hazamalay..

i didn't mean for it to be an insult..
    just a personal opinion.. plus i'm not a hater..
    i mean all of the people who just quote it OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
    it's none of you..
    i've actually had some really interesting conversations with you guys like we hadn't just met and i didn't mean for it to be that noticeable..

maybe i should have just kept my mouth(in this case hands) away from the keyboard..
    or i should have just left when those people told me too..

6. childofturin Why?

I do kind of agree with this. I mean, I know pwilliard has been editing for 3 years now, but it seems like, just because he has seniority, he gets all the love. In his position, as sort of an icon, he should be finding new people and introducing them to more people through his channel. It would be expected if this were offline, that someone like that, someone that famous would be a mentor. I mean, I respect the guy, I like his work, but it seems like he could do a lot more for the little guy, rather than attracting everyone to him. I mean, even with my limited popularity, I've directed people to good editors in the past, including him. I'm not trying to bash him, I'm not trying to criticize him, I'm just trying to offer a small fry's perspective.

7. Mariam Guest

pwilliard was my hero and pretty much inspired me to make AMVs, but once he started using Sony Vegas (and I think that's why a lot of other people started using it, too), I didn't like his work as much anymore. That being said, he's a very prominent and influential video-maker and it sucks that his account got suspended because some of my favorite videos were on there.

@childofturin
    He did use to promote other video-makers, such as tehguitarfreak.

8. Juicy Chaser

People are still moaning about this?

Jeez, Pwilliard wasn't all that great. Sure, he was a good editor, but there are hundreds more out there. They just arent basking in the spotlight :v

9. childofturin Why?

Good to hear. Maybe he should start again? I mean, it shouldn't be half as hard as making videos... All he has to do is browse through the videos sent to him (possibly a daunting task, but all the same...), and select the best editor that he finds for the week and shares a few of his videos with a small note?

It would probably still take a huge whack of time, but if I have time to get online for much of the day, even with an 8-hour class that leaves me exhausted...

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

this whole thread is kicking me in the gut now..
    can someone PLEASE close this thread before anyone else gets hurt?
    I'm serious some people probably don't care but half the people here are hurting other peoples feelings..

my own other reply with all the replies to it is making me puke..

i'm serious, I really don't like being mean and that's what people who are responding to me said I was..

just please.. close this thread before there are more victims..

11. Khfreak87 Merlin's Housekeeper

Excuse me, Cariad (and for anyone else out there who believes this): But I do not "bask" in any type of anything... XD

I love making videos :] Idc how many fans I have, or what others think of them. I've said... multiple times, to multiple editors: there are people out there who beat my videos tenfold. And I've tried to get those kinds of editors recognized at times. As for why I don't make videos as much anymore? While I still try to edit KH when I can, I must admit: I'm moving on =/ I have more important places where I use my talent. College, jobs, etc. So no, it's not that I stopped caring or am just sitting "basking" in it. I just like making sure the videos that I DID make are up for whoever wants to view them.

And... yes, I'm aware this thread is a bazillion years old >>... so I doubt anyone will read this << LOL... but thank you for your time if you did ;]

12. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

I liked p-will's vids. D: I'm bombing youtube...

wow... that was stupid...

13. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Thanks for necrobumping.

~lock-i-ted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.