Support Quality of PlayStation Portable Recordings

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

So my PSP AV cable came in the mail today, and I did a test recording as seen below:

The quality's okay, I guess, but not as good as my recordings from my PlayStation 2 (notice how you can't see the small text like my health points too well), and I'm not the only one:

How do people get good quality recordings of PSP games, such as in these videos?

2. Misty gimme kiss

Most people record PSP footage from RemoteJoy or an emulator. With an analog capture card, you'll always lose some quality. You can improve things by changing your settings or program, but it will never be as good as a direct capture.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Isn't what I'm doing, both with PS2 and PSP, a direct capture? I hook up my PS2 / PSP to the Roxio USB plugin in the back of my computer and record. I mean, in the last two PSP videos in my OP, the quality's as good as my PS2 recordings.

Also, just like on my TV, it doesn't fit the whole screen, but at least on my TV things aren't blurred.

4. Misty gimme kiss

No. The signal travels from the PSP to the analog output (composite cables), meaning there is some possible quality loss. Then it travels to your capture card, is processed, and saved to a possibly lossy format, depending on your capture settings. Even if you've used the highest quality settings, though, there is still the inherently lossy output from composite cables. You can check your settings but the best way to record from a PSP is not a capture card.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I guess it's not the best way for a PS2, either, but the PS2's better rendering makes up for it, huh?

In any case, I'll try and see if there are settings. Also, do you purchase or just download Remote Joy? How does it work?

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Here are my preferences, which are at the factory settings. I should've probably had the ratio set to 16:9 all this time, haha, but, anyway:

[​IMG]

7. Karuta Reborn

I hate to say it but you wasted money here.
    You should have just installed custom firmware on your PSP (Which is very easy by the way).
    When you have custom firmware, all you need is a Mini usb to usb cable and a standard audio cable and you can capture 720p footage with RemoteJoy. If you want help installing custom firmware and getting RemoteJoy set up I'd be happy to assist you.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

On Roxio or the PSP AV cable?

Using Roxio, the quality of PS2 recordings is fine.

9. Karuta Reborn

The AV cable.