Dream Drop Distance Question about KH 3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ralor, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I'm reaching a bit here, but if Sora and Riku's goal is a bit different, I'd say that Riku wants power and Sora wants peace.

The switching might be set on a timer, but that's just a guess.

Sidenote: I if remember correctly, in the trailer, Sora and Riku are fighting Xemnas and Ansem? (I might remember wrong)
    Anyway, one of them fights the heartless the other one fights the nobody. Could this be one of the differences in the game?
    (Probably not, cause I don't even remember if these were the guys Riku and Sora were fighting.) Sidenote end.

Anyway, "Drop" (to fall) is supposed to be a reoccurring theme in the game, as well as trust. Maybe one of them falls into darkness. My bet is on Riku in that case, but it would be sort of cool if Sora fell into it.

2. Daxa~ #stalker

I really hope they announce a date for the release soon....the suspence is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

3. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Actually, it's not made clear if that's happening "together." All that's shown is Xemnas on Sora/Riku's right and ASoD on Sora/Riku's left. They're never actually shown together in the same shot. Same with Sora and Riku for that part. I think it's trying to imply that they're taking place in the same world and at the same time, but in different spaces. Think like how alternate universes worked in Orson Scott Card's Angles. They're on two different angles but they correlate with and affect each other. Xemmy/ASoD are at least subconsiously aware of this, and thus may instinctively know not to stand where the other one is standing. As for Sora and Riku, the "countdown" of which Nomura speaks could be the increasing probability of Sora and Riku standing in the same spot on their respective angles, causing the player's control to switch. This would mean that the switch would be completely random and would become more likely to happen as time goes on. Not exactly a countdown, but it's the same idea. It's a long shot, but it makes sense given what we know so far, which is very little.

4. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

While it's on KH3D, would it be considered Kingdom Hearts 3?

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

No. It's been made very clear that this is NOT Kingdom Hearts 3. KH3D stands for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.