Question Time Question Time with Ars Nova!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Plums, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

What would you want a new JSRF to look like -- what would you add to its mechanics, what would you tighten up, what kind of characters would you like too see, etc?

Impressions?

What did you think of that music I had linked?

What would you want to see in the future of the gaming industry?

What kind of characters do you find yourself drawn to writing about?

Who is one musician you look up to, and why?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I supposed I could have used Acceleratle, though at that average level of 53, speed wasn't much of an issue, whereas before the bonus content stuff, when my average level was 37 when I fought Rhapthorne, which was actually a bit below the recommended level as the recommended level for Hero is level 40 for the final boss, it was. Bosses like Rhapthorne have an ability called Wave of Ice, which nullifies all buffs and tension (through psyching up). (It's okay to use them, but don't rely on them and spend time trying to reach maximum tension, for example, when they can always just be nullified.) Side note: It's the same thing, but depending on the version you have, I think, the ability is named a little different. I've seen it called both a wave of ice ("[Boss] is enveloped in a wave of ice!") and a disruptive wave of energy. ("[Boss] generates a disruptive wave of energy!") I have the former in my copy, though I personally feel the latter makes more sense.

Here's my boss battle with him before the bonus content. This I am not asking you to watch like in my questions, just simply putting it here if you or others want to. It lasts from 1:56 here to 6:17 in the next part here.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

More stages. There's plenty more Japan to go around. I'd like to see a good mix of American and Japanese artists, like JSRF's U.S. release had with Grand Royal chipping in. Honestly, I think most of the mechanics work well for their purposes as they were designed. I'd work on camera controls, make it a bit smoother and let you zoom out, and maybe add a move that makes you drop faster. Actually, it might be kinda cool if you had a higher spray can cap, but WAY more special moves to use it on besides the boost. Like mobility options and stuff. I'd also like to see more attention put into the multiplayer experience, maybe having a server-based version of the hub, or even persistent-world territorial wars. Basically Tony Hawk's Proving Ground multiplayer, that shit was tite. Character-wise, I just want a good mix of old and new. Obviously Corn, Gum, Beat, and YoYo need to return. I'd also like to see Garam, Rhyth, and Jazz. For new characters it doesn't matter, long as they're fly af. Although it'd be cool if rival gangs had actual, unique members, instead of just the same model triplicated. Oh, and tablet support on the Wii U, so you could draw your own graffiti! Yeahhhh. :]

Then: [​IMG]
    Now: [​IMG]

I'm only just getting to listen but I fkin love it, haha. I'm really diggin' Aether especially. You always have the best chill-hop, dude.

A dramatic shift away from graphical fidelity to depth of content. The thing that excited me about new consoles back in the day was not SUPER ADVANCED TECHNICOLOR 3D GIRAFFICKS WAOW. It was the idea that I could have what I had before, but... more. That sounded fantastic! What I had was already great, why would it need to change? Of course I've grown up since then, I've come to seek a wider array of experiences, and I understand the problem of limited memory and processing power. But it still boggles my mind that my longest-lived experiences with a game were on the PS1. And it ain't just because I got better at games as I went along, either.

Good question! Villains. I love writing villains. In fact most of my stories are in constant danger of becoming villain protagonist plots, if they weren't conceived as such to begin with. I also enjoy playing around with "big guy" characters. It's my pet smash-this-stereotype trope.

Dave Grohl. He just loves his work so much, and he's been involved in every step of the process: songwriting, instruments, vocals, production. He even directed a documentary about an LA-local recording studio. One of my favorite works of his was a personal project called Probot: He got the singers from all his favorite metal bands growing up, wrote (and played) a song in each of their styles, and invited them to come up with vocals. He got Lemmy Kilmister, Max Cavalera, Cronos... There's even a bonus track with Jack Black. I can't help but look up to a guy with so much passion and drive to make his dreams reality. He doesn't let things sit on the drawing board, he gets them out on stage and makes history with 'em.

Fair enough. Well, you more or less just proved you know what you're doing :L Under the circumstances I'd say you rocked the house.

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Favorite Pokemon?

Favorite FF7 character? Why?

Do you like the FF7 companion games/material? What's your favorite?

Zack Fair, yay or nay?

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Impressions?

Expressions?

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Dragonite. My gut says Dragonite. Competition is very close but he's been with me for a long time.

Woof. Uhhh... Honestly, I think it might be Tifa. That would not have been my answer at any other stage of my life, it prolly would've been Vincent, Cid, or Cloud depending on my age. But I've really come to appreciate the Ultimate Ladyfriend.

For the most part, yeah. Eventually it starts to dilute Cloud and Sephiroth's character arcs, but it's not all bad. I actually really enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus.

Yea! Zack is cool = v= Haven't played Crisis Core yet, though.

7. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Go play it. Right now. Like. Now. It is an experience everyone needs (also get tissues. Lots and lots of tissues)

8. Hayabusa Venomous

There's some REALLY stupid stuff in Crisis Core though, gotta admit. Mainly when Gakt becomes a major character in the story.

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Genesis is... Eh.

Over all the story is good plus I loved the gameplay. And the ending. The ending was ;~~~~;

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What is a man?!

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Water, 35l
    Carbon, 20kg
    Ammonia, 4l
    Lime, 1.5kg
    Phosphorous, 800g
    Salt, 250g
    Saltpeter, 100g
    Sulfur, 80g
    Fluorine, 7.5g
    Iron, 5g
    Silicon, 3g
    And a miserable little pile of 15 other elements.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

What is a devil?

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

They who know the taste of the fruit.

14. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Why are you invisible

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

omfg are you actually going to take up this crusade in earnest

16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

No

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Impressions? (No I'm not sorry)

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Impressions?

How tall are you?

Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?

If money was no option, so you could go anywhere or do anything, what would you do?

One word to describe yourself?

Did you learn to be this awesome or did it come naturally?

If pigs could fly, would they be used as a mode of transport?

Best way to make an exit?

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

'Bout 6 feet. Not sure what that is in metric sry :c

both-is-good.gif

Travel! I'd go all over Europe and the Americas, and maybe some East Asia too. I'd visit all my friends and buy them stuff. I'd make the KH-V road trip happen! (Oh, and I'd buy SE and make them stop killing my childhood)

HUERGH

u////u aw shucks

I mean do we use birds now??? I don't think pigs could carry us tbh. Pls don't break the piggys' backs :C

[​IMG]

20. Patman Bof

What' s your zodiac sign ?
    What' s your MBTI type ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.