Question Time Question Time with hatok!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Plums, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Question Time with...

hatok!

A couple of guidelines before you begin..

1 - Keep it within the rules of the forum, nothing over PG-13. This is still KHV, which means that you must not use this thread as an excuse to berate or harass the Question Time participant. That being said...

2 - ...The Question Time participant does not have to answer all of the questions.

3 - The Question Time participant must maintain some level of activity within this thread. Don't leave all of your questions unanswered. You're in the spotlight, baby, so shine!

4 - Give the Question Time participant some time to answer, and let others have a chance to ask. Remember that they are in the spotlight for at least one week, so do not feel the need to barrage him/her with a lengthy list of questions all at once.

And now that you have read the rules, you may ask away!~

@hatok

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

1. Original impressions?
    2. Current impressions?
    3. I am going to scare someone if it's the last thing I do! BOO!
    4. Watch this short video of the Kingdom Hearts II Pete battle in Timeless River. While watching the video, also pay close attention to Donald and Goofy's HP and MP meters as well as their voices. After watching it, tell me if you feel bad for them or who you feel bad for more and who you feel was "punished" more.
    5. Favorite color and number?
    6. Favorite food, drink, meal, and snack? Answer all four, please.
    7. Who is your favorite musical artist?
    8. If you had the opportunity to hang out with me, would you?
    9. How are you able to stay up until 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM on a daily basis?
    10. What is the definition of hatok?

3. 61 No. B

impressions?
    why is video game music such a big deal to you?
    what order would you put the kh games in, in terms of personal enjoyment or liking?

4. A Zebra Chaser

Huh, okay, wasn't expecting this, but neat.

1. Oh no, this guy reminds of that guy I hate...
    2. Oh wait never mind he's actually nice, if a bit naive
    3. Well I AM pretty susceptible to jump scares so... ah!
    4. I mean, after a while they were basiclly just always dead or dying. I don't feel bad for them, but it seems Donald got the worst of it.
    5. Blue, don't have a favourite number though
    6. In terms of food, nothing beats a pizza where all the parts turn out great. A lot of places will have great crust but lousy sauce, or something like that, but where all the ingredients work in harmony it just can't be beat. Drinks I can't really say, I like making cocktails about of different pop flavours (soda flavors to you) and I have yet to find the perfect combination. For a meal, chicken breast, some bread, juice or milk and mashed potatoes. Snack, baked chips. I get sick of regular chips after a while but baked chips I could eat for days. Now I'm hungry.
    7. Probably Yoko Shimomura
    8. I'd ask what you want to do. I don't really like leading on those sorts of things, hen I hang out with someone the good part for me is being with the person, not what we do.
    9. By sleeping in
    10. Hatok is actually an anagram, its true meaning lsot to the mists of time
    1. You're honestly probably the first person on KHv I really took a shine to. I especially like reading you talk about superhero stuff. You can be a bit abrasive, but in a weird way that's kinda part of your charm.
    2. I never really liked music with lyrics, and video game music is a great place to find any genre. Also, as a rule VGM tends to focus on catchy melodies which is the most important thing in music for me. I've always loved music, apparently I went on stage and sang for my Great Uncle's birthday at a crowded restaurant before I was three years old. I also think music is pretty underrated as a whole, people don't tend to appreciate how important is is to nearly any experience, and musicians are horrendously underpaid and under-recognized.
    3. Those are actually two separate lists :P
    Personal enjoyment: KH2 > BBS > RE:Coded > KH1 > CoM > Re:CoM > DDD > Days
    What I like: KH1 > BBS > RE:Coded > CoM > Re:CoM > KH2 > DDD > Days
    I can't explain it, but I really enjoy KH2, despite not actually liking it.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Impressions?
    Favorite movie?
    What's one tip you'd like to give to Nomura to enhance your personal enjoyment of Kingdom Hearts?
    What is the least favorite game you've played and why?

6. A Zebra Chaser

1. My memory is a little foggy, but I THINK I at first thought you were @Misty who had changed her name. Upon finding out you were a separate entity? Well for one thing you have great taste (note the Transistor signature)
    Also something that stood out to me, not just with you but all three admins is that you're all a lot nicer and more down to Earth than a lot of admins I've encountered on other forums. In other news, I just looked at your avatar, looked under it, and found out you're male. So there's that.
    2. The LEGO Movie, hands down
    3. Get better writers to make the big ideas of KH translate better to players (or at least let the games get new lip sync for the Englsih dub so lines don't have to be awkwardly butchered to fit the Japanese lip flaps)
    4. Paper Mario Sticker Star. The game is a complete betrayal of what a Paper Mario game should be, an example of something I hate most: people being TOLD to make something worse because it was "good enough" (They removed the ENTIRE story because Shigeru Miyamoto said the game was good enough without one) and it's also just an awful RPG to boot, it's grind heavy, has ridiculous trial and error, and frequent tedious backtracking or grinding if you failed the trial and error. It took the funny and subversive Paper Mario franchise and made a game as generic and formulaic as a New Super Mario Bros game. The ONLY redeeming factor is its jazz-tastic soundtrack.
    Honourable mention goes to Deadlight. Dear God.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. Impressions?
    2. What are your dreams or aspirations?
    3. What are your biggest fears or worries about them?
    4. What traits do you love most in people?
    5. What traits do you hate most?
    6. What was your most vivid dream?
    7. What was you at your strongest?
    8. What was you at your weakest?
    9. In at least one hundred words, who are you?
    10. How would you describe yourself in a metaphor?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  8. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Where the white women at?

9. A Zebra Chaser

1. Smart enough person, strange ideas, but at least you know distinctly what you want
    2. To be able to do something I enjoy as a job. I'd also like to one day have a hand in making a professional game
    3. I have no really safe aspirations. I dread that none of my goals will pan out, and I'll end up being in an awful position when I'm too old to be able to fix it
    4. I definitely like a person to be charismatic, but I think the two things I value most about a person is their humbleness and their ability to make me laugh
    5. Ego is my biggest pet peeve. I very strongly believe that it's the job of other people to say what's good about you, not you yourself. I also strongly dislike ti when people try to be something they're not because of society, especially since in my personal experience that has led to a lot of people being *******s to people just to fit in
    6. I've had a recurring nightmare for as long as I can remember. It's insanely vivid, but for one thing, it's more of a sensory thing, but also, despite having had the same dream for at least 17 years now... I have yet to actually be able to remember it when I wake up. The best I can remember is it it involves a boat.
    7. Probably when I was a young child. I had basically no shame and could make friends easily, talk to anybody. It's something I've striven to regain ever since I grew up
    8. Probably a little less than two years ago when I was suicidally depressed. I blamed other people for my problems, and created excuses for why I was as powerless as I was. I wasn't productive, I fought with my friends and family regularly, and basically every aspect of my life suffered for it. I'm still recovering from that, honestly.
    9. I'm Jerrad, I use the name Hatok online near universally (you can't assume Hatok is me everywhere though, bizarrely the name has been taken on many sites), I'm 20 years old, a student at a university taking courses in media, both physical and digital. I love a good debate to a fault. Video games are my main passion, and I especially enjoy the music. To use a gaming analogy, in terms of skills I'm a complete Red Mage, skilled in many things but master of none. I'm creative, but I work best when I have someone else's idea to work off of. I'm fairly introverted and quiet, and find being in large groups incredibly exhausting. If I could have a super power it'd be time manipulation.
    10. Gonna steal/paraphrase this from @Ars Nova
    I never have a point, I'm an amorphous blob of discussion

Generally the further north you go the more you will find. Obviously this is less and less true as global travel becomes more and more commonplace, however as a rule people with more pale skin gravitate towards colder places because their skin is evolved to deal with that environment better

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

*crawls in warily*

Impressions?

What do you think of Narwhals?

okay bye

11. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Impressions?
    If you had a keyblade what would it look like?
    Describe your personality in one word.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Last video. I promise. And because listening to Japanese is fun. Same thing I asked here, just with a different video:

18:48 - 23:20

13. Saxima [screams geometrically]

☆☆for some reason i have an interest in questioning you with meaningless things

o1. impressions
    o2. what do you think about my avatar
    o3. if i paid you a million bucks would you bang the guy in my avatar
    o4. would you be okay with me killing you after that because you weren't allowed to touch him in the first place
    o5. if you had to pick a second language to become bilingual, which would it be?
    o6. do you have a specific fashion style?​

T H U G B E R R I E S
    WACK WACK WACK WACK DIRTY PLAYER

14. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Who do you respect most and why do you respect them?

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

Gonna leave this open so you can reply to your last few questions @hatok, lemme know when you're done and I'll lock this badboy up. Hope you enjoyed your QT~

16. A Zebra Chaser

1. I'm surprised how low your post count is because unless my memory is lying to me I see your post more in the KH sections
    2. They're the Jedi of the sea

1. I've been waiting a long time to make a pun based on your name
    2. Way too elaborate
    3. Hatok
    I could barely hear Goofy, so again, Donald. Though I mean, goign by the way you worded the question, Pete really is a more worthy condidate

o1. Your name reminds me of a saxophone
    o2. Looks like anime Oprah Gangster
    o3. uh... I mean, for a million bucks? sure why not, provided there are no other strings attached. That's a lot of money, after all
    o4. Well that falls under strings attached, but I'd just use a loophole and bang him without touching him
    o5. Something Asian, since stuff liie Mandarin are super common to hear where I live
    o6. No
    Er... is that meant to be on KHv, or jsut in general? I'll answer both to be safe
    Of anyone, Bill Waterson, he had great ideas and never sold out
    Of KHv? Probably @Misty or @Ars Nova . Nova I just have more experience with and he's a pretty cool guy, but I respect the work it takes to run a website like Misty does
    All right, good to go

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, his voice, at least in battle, seems to be harder to hear in Japanese, but there are some that are clear, such as his falling into low health cry and that clown-like laugh (knock-back damage): Wahaha! That would be his "Ooowaaa!" in the English version.

Past Pete, I assume.

Also, were you trying to combine the words candidate and condiment? ;o

18. A Zebra Chaser

yes
    for the record, the best condidate is mustard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.