Traditional Art Radiant Garden Girls

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by HeartofFire, Feb 4, 2012.

1. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

2. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

It's very nice. The only criticism I can give is that some shading is a bit too...'blunt' and the mouth and nose for the left one is too high up. Maybe you can try to put it down more about to the area where the chin shading starts. Other than that, very good work.

3. HeartofFire Traverse Town Homebody

Thank you! Yeah, this is the first one I've done completely in profile. I need to work on that. And.. what do you mean by blunt shading?

4. Tears_into_Roses Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow this pic looks so cool! :D

Wish I can do that. lol

5. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

In some areas, the ends of the shading look to be too round and can be...Well, I guess, bad? Distracting? Can't find the word, I'm just criticizing just to help you make your drawings look more realistic.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

Flaming isn't tolerated in the graphics, you need not worry.

This is a rather cute piece. I like the back-to-back look with the out of focus background. The colors are vivid and very well done. I especially adore Aliana Fireheart's hair, a great example of color gradation. Her expression is really cute too.

The only thing I'd say the piece could use improvement on is proportion. I understand it's a style, and it looks good, but the skulls seem rather shortened from forehead to the back. Rianneh's mouth structure is rather high, and her chin is too far back. A person's chin and the arch of their nose where the eyes are on a profile view will be the same vertically. Her neck is too far back at the jaw, and there's no sternum! D:

An intriguing piece I must say. Very good! Hope to see more in the future.