As Designed/Not a Bug Radio Not Working Anymore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RapidRun, Mar 10, 2017.

1. RapidRun Moogle Assistant

Hello! I just joined, so this will be my first post!

For some reason, the radio is dead across all platforms, including the TuneIn Radio website and apps, Windows, iOS, & Android (can't say for Mac, since I don't own one). In regards to TuneIn, when I try to play the stream, it gives me an error message (screenshots should be in this post, if uploaded correctly). The picture with the comments suggests that the last time that the radio stream was working was 7 months ago, though I remember it stopped working sometime around October of 2016 (I might be wrong).

Is this a huge bug, or has the radio been discontinued indefinitely? If it has been discontinued, why aren't there any posts regarding it being so on the website news section of the website? I've even reached out to the Twitter account (twice), and no one has answered me.

Please get back to me, as the radio was one of the best features of this website, and was what brought me here in the first place.

Thank you for your time!

IMG_1368.PNG IMG_1367.PNG
    It tries to connect for about 1-3 minutes - sometimes longer - and then gives me the above error message.
    IMG_1369.PNG

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Hi there, welcome to KHV! Thanks so much for your interest.

Unfortunately, the subscription we had to the radio feature ran out in January, and we just don't have the funds to renew a feature that very few people were using. A subscription is pretty pricey, and it's difficult to justify the radio when it's not getting hits like it used to, and members as a whole aren't interested anymore.

So, to answer your question, yeah, the radio has been put on indefinite hiatus. I'm not gonna say we'll never bring it back ever, but for now it's definitely dead.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

It would probably be worth removing the link to the radio from the 'media' tab, at least until such a time it is revived.