Birth by Sleep Re-posted: Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Sumi suicidé

Can you even call it a keyblade? it looks like a decorated sword:)

2. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

>.>
    This is a thread about keyblades. Irrelevant it is not, as it adds yet another difference between them if true.

... <.<; It doesn't matter.The owner called it a keyblade, so that's what it is.

<_< You can pretty much use anything as a keychain, so long as it fulfils the requirements. I mean, Auron's Sake bottle? Come on.

3. P Banned

I am shutting up now...

But really, that does hint towards memories. I guess it is just wishful thinking on my part, for a plot device not around memories.

Sorry. I did not quite mean it like that, more that we will never find out, as the chaserblades were not around during the heartless time. Thus it really cannot be proved, or disproved. It is like arguing about what sort of things the org wear under their cloaks. (if we ignore 358 days)

Meh. I still have yet to see Fenrir without a keychain. If it is his theory, then it is his burden to find proof, right? (Also, I am tempted to argue that fenrir is a bonus, like ultima, and should be ignored, although that is shaky ground)

Exactly. A keychain is only something that represents the memories and the link with the heart. It is nothing special. Could be a glob of hardened mud, or a bar of pure gold. (the exception to this rule shall always be ultima. At least until we think of a theory to explain it. ;) )

So, what seems to be the thought stance so far?

Primitive keyblades? A sword in a strange shape with twisting properties?

Why would baldy go though the trouble of getting a chained blade? My theory is that keyblades are needed to get to kingdom hearts, while chaserblades were primitive types of this. Blady decides to go after KH. (This fits in with your KoH theory Erkz)

4. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

<.< Isn't Fenrir's keychain Cloud's... *shakes head*

Uh... The recipies are written in an ancient language only moogles can understand... I'd say that explains Ultima.

Sora - "BAH! If only I could read this..."
    Goofy - "A-hyuck! What'd you do if ya could, Sora?"
    Sora - ">=U I'd make my own keyblades! That way, those moogles can't rip me off!"
    Donald - "Sora, what makes you think they're ripping you off?"
    Sora - "=.= Do not question me..."

*shot*

That it does. I mean, Leon seems to do pretty good with his gunblade, don't he? Or it could be that one who wields a chained blade is a master... So, that'd explain why TAV are apprentices and Baldy's a master... But what about Mickey? Last I checked, Starseeker had a chain. But it could be a pre-requisite to get into Kingdom Hearts. Seeing as what kingdom hearts is, and what a Keyblade does.

=S So many questions, so little facts to draw answers from.

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I still say chaserblades are primitive keyblades.

I would say the main difference is this.

Keyblades can unlock anything, and use Keychains to alter the weapons properties. Chaserblades are simply weapons.

I don't see any other reason to read into more differences.

Also, Fenrir is Clouds brooch. Although its not as cool as a saki bottle, it gets the job done.

Ultima... My Ultima theory... its Sora's memories of the moogles as a whole, and how helpful they are to him.

<_<
    >_>
    O_O

It could also be the memories of all the battles hes been through... yeah... I would say its simply all the battles hes been through, basically Ultima represents Sora himself... who in cannon is the strongest character in the game.

6. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

*strangles you with Sora's necklace.*

7. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

o_o
    -_-
    o_o

But Sora's necklace is used to represent Riku... so its already taken. Don't ask why it turns black or how it represents Riku more than Sora... I have no idea... it just does...

8. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

*beats you over the head with both the kingdom key and the inverse kingdom key*

Two different things. D:

9. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Why are you hitting me???? Objection, beating the witness!!

The KingdomKey, and inverse KingdomKey, are in fact the same key, just pulled from a different realm. Notice they have the same keychain (one is silver, one is gold)

I don't remember Sora going into the realm of darkness to bust out with a black crown.

10. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

*Bludgeons you with a random Shadow heartless.*

=S Where do heartless come from. I wonder. How did Sora turn into a heartless again? Hmm...

D: I know, he used the key to unlock Kairi's heart and then went to the realm of darkness, oh noes.

=| That's why you get Oblivion afterwards, dun dun dun.

:o And it happens right after the Riku fight too.

[PS- Sorry for the hyper childishness. Too much sugar this morning. XDDD]

11. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Thats it... *beats you over the head with Nomura himself*

But Nomura said that Oblivion represents Riku, not Sora's darkness, or heartless, or the realm of darkness.

So, the necklace was probably a childhood gift from Riku... which he always kept with him.

12. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

=| Or it could be a random Black Crown he picked up in the realm of darkness right after he fought Riku.

13. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I somehow doubt he would be able to find a random crown necklace which is identical to his but a different color... which happens to be at right after the Riku fight.

*beats you over the head with the odds of probability which weigh nothing, so no harm done...*

I hope Nomura is ok... after I used him a weapon...

14. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

Riiight... Remember, this same guy can drop off the face of the universe and battle his other, slice buildings with blunt objects, fly a space-ship made out of gelatin and do it all while wearing magic clothes that let him temporarily absorb his friends to use their powers.

=S I'd say probability has no effect in Kingdom Hearts.

15. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Well... Sora is special. And I doubt Sora just happened to find something that represents Riku.

16. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I kind of think the keyblade (oblivion) doesnt EXACTLY represent Riku...just the rivalry between Sora and himself...Sora has a light-colored crown and riku has a dark one (im assuming that that dark crown is riku's)...it shows how they oppose each other but also are one in the same (get it? Same design different color).

well then...that was completely off topic...back to the chaserblades:

They might not be keyblades at all. Each weapon in the game had/has a different and unique function, like xigbar's gun's to xemnas' aerial blades. The chaserblade might be a key-blade because its a blade shaped like a key, but not an actual keyblade because it neither behaves like one or has a chain which, so far, has been on every keyblade seen. This also gives room to the idea that chaserblades may not be be just weak/primitive keyblades, but different weapons entirely. Im still stuck on the idea that they rnt just mere swords...they may be a little less durable, but I think they're pretty powerful

17. P Banned

Glad someone feels sensible, storm.

*smashes icsp with "was Sora justified?" thread*

You make a good point about them being different weapons.

*Wacks Erkz with the original "keyblades at all?" thread*

But that is kind of what I meant when I said they are normal swords.

*throws Erkz at ICSP*

I suppose that might be wrong though.

*hurls ICSP at Erkz*

The point was that the chaserblades look very keyblady, so I think they are primitive keyblades. Also, I do not think they have as much *unlock* power at keyblades.

*smashes Erkz and ICSP's heads together*

Now, I await a full page when I return. ;)

18. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

well, glad to see that you, Erkz and ICSP aren't attac- oh wait...nevermind.

19. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

20. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH