Birth by Sleep Re-posted: Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Mar 15, 2008.

1. P Banned

-_-

I hate you. (now, if only I could mock your name... first step, I need to find out what it actually means!)

Anyway, yes that does seem to be the general consensus.

So, points we all agree on:

They probably lack the locking abilities.

New topic:

Do they usually break, or was it special conditions?

2. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Speshal Condishuns...i know it was an icy spell ultimately, but you cant forget about all that darkness that hovered around ven when MX casted the spell on him...Maybe it made the properties of his armor/chaserblade severely weakened. I still dont get how we figured out chaserblades lock anything or not...we know that they lack keychains but that suddenly means they lack locking ability?

i think i missed something...

3. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

Or maaaybe, the armor is a part of the keyblades power, and being in that unstable state, plus getting Dark Blizzaga'd, then thrown off a cliff.

=S

Special conditions indeed...

4. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Well... I think Ven's keyblade breaking had little to do with ice, and more to do with that dark cloud which surrounded him before (after the ice) Xehanort threw him off the cliff.

I imagine its possible for a true keyblade to be broken the same way... he did some crazy stuff to him.

EDIT: Oh... and I did post what my name meant the other day... in a spam thread called "What you name come from" or somthing like that...

5. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

we agreed on something...QUICK! SAY SOMETHING CONTROVERSIAL BEFORE THE WORLD EXPLODES!

I think a certain type of keyblade represents a certain type of "Focus" each weilder has...

Okay, ill explain: Each Keyblade Weilder has a different type of "Focus" a special ability that ONLY they, as KWs can use. For Sora its "Drive Form" for Terra, I think its that "Rage" and perhaps his eyes turn yellow as a side effect (im suggesting that he might have used his "Focus" in the BBS trailer...) Ill even go as far to say that If Riku tried his hardest, he could use a Dark/Twilight Form, because of the way he uses Darkness while residing in the light and Roxas could probably use that "LM" we see in the 358/2 Days scans.

Because of this, maybe the Chaserblades/ Keyblades (although I said they could possibly be different weapons, that doesnt mean they dont have similar qualities) represent each of these "Focus Forms," which is why they look so different.

Terra's Chaserblade as we have seen is very quick in its transformations and very strong. This could represent his rage form because Terra was very quick to use it, (he blinked in the trailer and IT WAS ON)

Sora's keyblade, as we have noticed has keychains on it...well, this could also represent his "focus form." Sora's focus as we can speculate upon is Drive, which is a "focus" themed on using his friend's strengths and weaknesses and combining them with his own to make a mega-powerful-Sora. As we have talked about in other threads, a keychain could represent memories of an actual person and perhaps a person's personality, as each keychain gives off a different ability.

Roxas and Riku are different cases...well Roxas, not so much...but Riku, yes. This sentence looks like its asking to be ripped apart, but Im going to say the keychain on Riku's keyblade represents the type of power he's using, rather than a memory of someone...Riku's keyblade summoned itself for the first time under special conditions that Nomura has yet to shown us, and it highly resembles his Soul eater (Random off the side question that does not need to be answered: can normal weapons turn into keyblades??? Hmmm)
    The heartless chain on Riku, shows the dark power he uses, although this darkness resides within a keyblade. I would say the same thing with Roxas since hes a nobody and he has his own copies of Oathkeeper and Oblivion but I wont go that far because hes Sora's nobody and that ground is too twisty to walk on with ideas...

Now that I have that part explained, I can get back to the Chaserblades Vs. Keyblades theory...yeah...I know, im going back to the original topic, but we all agreed on the new one...maybe its that chaserblades DONT NEED keychains rather than being weaker than a keychainblade and are their own form of keyblades based on the "Focus of a person" Terra, Ven and Aqua are all playable ALONE from what we've seen...they dont need to take on the power of other people...Maybe chaserblades are stronger since they dont rely on memories to boost their powers up.

So now we have like 3 keyblade categories...(here im going completely against my other theory on chaserblades being different weapons...this is all streams of consciousness)

Pika's Chaserblades
    The normal: Keychainblades
    And: Indicator/Non-Originalblades (Riku's keyblade with Indicator meaning the keychain represents the power he uses and Non-original keyblades meaning that Riku's keyblade could have possibly just been Soul Eater, a simple dragon-wing shaped magic sword...

That was my 13 cents -no 13 DOLLARS. To keep the argument going.

6. P Banned

Heh. That was the aim of the topic. To build, not shoot.

Keyblade or chaser blade, or both?

A few things here. Sora's drives were his clothes, nothing to do with his keyblade. The clothes just made it possible to draw enough "heart strength" to use two.
    Next, what evidence have we seen of Terra raging? So far, we have seen the lingering spirit, and the eye change. The LS seems to have rage, yes. But Sora has been angry before too. I do not see where the assumption of it being a rage comes from. (Although I can take the eyes as a drive, so point made)
    What on earth is a "LM"? Limit mastery? Latent magic? Laxative marble? I am not up with the lingo here.
    Finally, Riku was purged of the darkness (rather a moot point, he used Darkness in the final battle, but cannot open DP). You really are going on a limb, by saying that Riku has a drive. I used the universal rule that all keybladers can split their keyblades, if they have the heart power (or in the case of Roxas, something else) to explain Kairi's keyblade. How do you explain it?

Wait, say this again please. When you say they look so different, what are you talking about? Keyblades looking different from chaserblades?

I could attempt to go through with arguing that the blinking in the trailer was not a drive, but I will leave it.

My problem is you calling it a rage form. Why rage?

Clothes give him drive ability. Anyway, I do not see the link between driving and the keychain. I understand that you mean Sora draws from his friends, but that is only nearby, not anything else. He could just as easily lack keychains, and you could present the same point.

I think the keychain represents someone and the power he is using. They are one and the same. Xehanort.

The chains of Oblivion and oathkeeper mean nothing in my opinion. The keyblades Roxas uses are also Nobody weapons. Thus they follow different rules. I imagine they represent Kairi, from what made Sora give himself up, and Riku, the person who also had a hand in Roxas' creation. Also they just look plain kick ass :P

Don't rely on them, or cannot use them? Alone is not power. Friend's are power. From what is seen in KH, a weapon that harnesses friend's power is better than a simple weapon.

Come again? Sorry, I did not really understand that particular bit. If listing something, use a simple name that suits the theory, and do the summing up of the theory in another paragraph. (just a suggestion, do not rip my head off for it! :D)

Unlucky thirteen!

But on a more serious note...

WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM?!

You never used to do massive points like this one!

(time to see if I can rep you, or if it is too soon since I last did. If I did.)

7. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

*really, really, REALLY LOUD SCREAM.*

IT'S HIS MEMORY OF XEHANORT!!!

*DUN DUN DUUUN!!!*

Or his heartless at least. >.>

Sorry, but I had to mention it. That sentence sorta slapped me in the face. Hard. It also explains why Way to the Dawn looks so much like Soul Eater.

... Are you trying to say that Dark Mode isn't a primitive form of Drive?

<_< Roxas's keyblades are normal keyblades. Nothing nobody about them, aside from the fact that a nobody wields them. And that alone doesn't make them a nobody weapon. Else the stick would be one too.

Power in numbers. It's called logic. If Rikunort and Xemnas tag-teamed Sora and Riku, they'd win. But I wouldn't say that they [the chaser blades] are stronger without a keychain. I'd say their power changes to a completely different level. Honestly, Terra keyblade is probably about as strong as Kingdom Key. But it gains powers that a normal keyblade doesn't have. Which would be that sheer flexibility.=.= Not even Roxas does that. And he's a Nobody. And nobodies have the whole flexible thing down pat.

=o He's obviously a reserved person. One who doesn't speak unless he needs to. And he felt the need to.

=S Or, he just got lucky 13. XD

8. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

yes but...i missed the bullets...kind of...as long as I could come in randomly and say stuff.

I meant both, just to answer this question^

I understand your point on drives coming from clothing, and not the keyblade. The "Rage" form comes from some BBS scans and news info. It was revealed that for Terra, when a certain bar gets full, you have the chance to activate "rage" or something like that in which Terra would become super strong and such...

LM is from 358/2 Days. No one knows what it stands for, but it replaces the area on Roxas' hp bar where drive should be in kh2 or focus in bbs.

yeah, I pretty much explain drives as a sudden burst of power/energy that a weilder gets...but not like when Sora beat the ____ out of xemnas with riku's keyblade, like when new abilities are added, or the person becomes stronger/faster/ changes appearance. And I understand Riku was purged of his Darkness, but since he can still use dark Aura, and some other dark techniques, it might be possible for him to use a lot of it to boost his power...

Sorry, I think (dont remember) but im pretty sure I meant the difference in that keyblades have keychains and chaserblades do not.

I think the keychain represents someone and the power he is using. They are one and the same. Xehanort.

The chains of Oblivion and oathkeeper mean nothing in my opinion. The keyblades Roxas uses are also Nobody weapons. Thus they follow different rules. I imagine they represent Kairi, from what made Sora give himself up, and Riku, the person who also had a hand in Roxas' creation. Also they just look plain kick ass :P

I was making suggestions for keyblades based on their differences...

Yeah the 13 is in my user name, it wasn't there to represent the sometimes random catch phrase I created, but it seemed convenient so i adopted it...for 13 cents...

And this super long post...a "thunder storm" (ahahaha yeah...that wasn't funny) but I just was working on pure ideas and thoughts and decided to post them...Erkz was pretty much right though

I guess, but xehanort's heartless doesnt use dark sheild or dark aura (not the one where he goes into dark portals and stabs you, the balls of dark fire). XH also doesnt use that attack that rikunort uses in the mulan kh2 battle where all the darkness surrounds him or that dark lightning attack...so I was thinking that maybe it was the power of darkness rather than his memory of xehanort, since Riku formed his own dark powers...

9. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

<_<;

MP + Blue Bar = Magic Points
    HP + Green Bar = Health Points
    LM + Yellow Bar = Limit Meter [<_< The fact that it's yellow is the biggest sell out. XD]

... Hn? You mean Fatal Mode? Where Terra goes all "Spastic Desperation Move" and magically starts doing Limits by himself?

We can do this one of two ways. We can:
    A] Say Riku learned it was possible on his own, but realized it wouldn't be possible for him without Xehanorts heartless.

or

B] We say Xehanort's Heartless is a lazy ******* and doesn't actually fight you, because he's too busy folding his arms an pouting, spouting off and mouthing various things while you fight his... thing.

=P Btw, I'm one of the few who thinks Xehanort's body degenerated over time into the black heartless thingy, and that's how he possessed Riku.

10. P Banned

Interesting. One question I have, why does Terra lack a keychain? If this ability is keychain related, why not have it represented by a keychain?

I would say that all these powers, such as Dark form, Dive form, rage mode, LM, are all too different to be successfully connected. Mickey lacks a power so far. I think that the power up forms are just a nice mechanic square decides to use, opposed to being a main plot device. I just cannot see the connection between Riku using Dark form, and Sora drawing from Goofy's heart to get more power.

Ah, I see. So far I feel pretty stupid. Heh.

I thought that all keybladers (note, keybladers) could split their weapon by adding two chains. Just throwing that out there.

Also, you would think that if Riku had some massive dark power, he would use it in that final battle. Only Dark aura and dark shield are pretty small, considering what he had in KH1. I would say he has left the power of darkness behind.

Uh oh. You failed to quote me here, and never responded to it. Anyway, Erkz, I would say that the keyblades Roxas uses either draw on Sora's memories, or do not follow the rules of following a heart. I am leaning towards the second option, as if he was drawing from Sora, Oathkeeper and oblivion would be usable by Sora.

I see. Not much more to say here, is there?

You really are running out on puns. Thunder storm? :nono:

Xehanort gave Riku dark powers. This is the guy who made a massive pink monster in space, and tried to open a door of darkness that was really light. Do you really think that he would be unable to use those powers? I would still say that the power of Darkness, and the memory of Xehanort are unrelated, and that Riku would still have the power, even if he removed the chain and put on the one he gave Kairi.

Anyway, nice to see you active!

11. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Okay, I don't really feel like reading through 8 pages of posts, so excuse me if these topics have already been spoken for.

I believe that Terra, Aqua, and Ven are true Keyblade Warriors (not necessarily masters during this game, but they have the ability to wield and use the Keyblade). Why? Because so far the only evidence we've had to the contrary is A) They don't have keychains and B) Ven's broke.

First off, we just plain don't know if a keyblade can break or not. We've never seen any experience before where a keyblade may have broken but did or did not, except in the secret ending. And why can't the keyblade break? Sure, it is a weapon with magical properties, but it has never been stated before that one of those properties is being unbreakable. By the look of that spell, it was probably the equivalent of dipping Ven into liquid nitrogen, not to mention the black steam that rose off of him after it, making it quite obvious that the spell was surrounded by powerful dark magic, that may have even broken any protective magic that covered the keyblade. That, plus falling off a cliff and hitting hard rock at that velocity, I can see anything, magical or no, being shattered. So, I don't think that the brittle metal of the keyblade shattering holds any sway over whether it is a true keyblade or not.

And that's not to say, as I saw someone say on the first page, that it could not reform. That seems much more likely than that the keyblade is unbreakable under any circumstance: that it can reform if broken, if but only by the hand of its master.

As for the other point, there has also been no evidence thus far that claims that a keyblade cannot have a keychain. A keychain is simply an object (likely an object that holds significant importance to its owner) that is attached to the keyblade that alters its appearance and properties. It is not an object that makes a keyblade. It just makes it more powerful. What do you suppose would happen if Sora took the keychain off of his keyblade? Do you think it would simply vanish into thin air? No longer exist, because you can NOT have a keyblade without its keychain? Do you think it would lose all its keyblade properties? Why would that be? It's not the keychain that gives it the power to unlock any lock, that is inherent in the blade itself.

After all, the qualities that make a keyblade are, as I've said before:
    -A blade that is shaped in the form of a key
    -Has the power to unlock any lock
    -Only the Master can wield the Keyblade, and can summon it to his will
    -If it has been stolen, it will return to its master's hand
    -Can release the captive heart of a defeated Heartless

Well: TVA's keyblades are blades the shape of keys, we have not yet seen whether or not they can open locks, we have not seen them try to summon their blades, or anyone else try to wield them or steal them, and Heartless don't exist yet. So, from what we've seen, we can only assume they are in fact keyblades.

If you still believe that not having keychains makes them unreal, take a look at this:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Packs/Weapons/ES.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Packs/Weapons/aqua.png

Terra's and Aqua's keyblades are there. And lo and behold, they have keychain slots (You can see Aqua's if you look really closely at the end. It doesn't get along with the grey background). Since each keyblade has an attachment extending off the end with a hole, it is safe to assume that the warriors could put keychains onto their blades if they so wanted. Even more evidence for them to be keyblade. As for Ven's we don't yet have any renders or good shots of it, but it is likely that there is a keychain slot somewhere on there, as well.

That is all.

12. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

... I'll be back in a bit. You brought up some stuff that I seem to recall reading about...

Not in this thread of course. XD

Edit - Thank you, Xiron. You've aided me in the construction of a new theory. However, I will now, gratefully, correct your mistakes.

No, the evidence we have is that Nomura called them Apprentices, while he referred to Xehanort as a master. This is a case of BCSS [Because Creator Said So] for now. =S

While your analysis is valid, you missed one thing. Keyblades disappear before they can sustain such damage. Terra proves that their keyblades are indeed summonable, but the fact that they have to be conciously banished when not in use tells us something.

Ven was clearly alive at the end of the trailer. The keyblade should have reformed automatically.

*exhales* This one, is a tough one to fully explain, but, let me refer to what Nomura stated about the keyblade... Specifically, one that was created during the course of the games; Riku's keyblade, the Way to the Dawn. Pay attention to the bolded parts.

1.] There is more than one type of keyblade.
    2.] There is currently no explanation, but Nomura also stated that "However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those."
    3.] "Soul Eater's transfer and occurence". As in, Way to the Dawn, was originally Soul Eater. As in, Soul Eater became a keyblade, and one with a keychain attached. What does that tell you?
    4.] >_> It's been stated many times, and this time, by Nomura himself, that other people can wield another person's keyblade.

You're misinterpreting the purpose of the keychain slot. They were apprentices, being trained by a true master of the keyblade, who obviously knew how it worked. Therefore, their weapons, had a provision for the eventual day when they became full-fledged keyblades. [Way to the Dawn proves this unnecessary, but also provides insight as to why they're there]
    But yeah. Keychains are very important, and apparently must be earned through experiences which engrave memories into the wielders minds. Or, their hearts weren't strong enough. Plotwise, I think the growth system has something to do with this.

Anyway, I hope I've cleared up those things. Don't hesitate to ask if I haven't. =D

13. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Are the Chaser blades ever reffered to as keyblades?

Aqua's and Vens do look similar to keyblades... but does anyone have what they are officially called?

14. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

No. However they themselves are referred to as keyblade apprentices.

... o_o; Uh, I don't get what you're trying to say. X.x The closest thing to a name we have from Nomura is "Artificial Keyblade".

Also, 'gratz on getting Premium, ICSP. Enjoy the boredom. Btw, want a sig and avy to go with that usertitle?

15. P Banned

Artifical keyblades is a bit of a moithful. I prefer chaserblades, at least in this topic.

Now, Xiron, you are only doing it one way. Checking what the chaserblades cannot do that the keyblades can also do. What about other things? For example, the whole twisting melding, changing thing. Also, how do you explain the Kingdom chain's description? "draws out the keyblade's true form and power" sounds interesting, right? Now, when we get the KK, why does it have a chain? Why would Sora's keyblade, or Riku's have a keychain, but TAV not? Also, why go through all the trouble of showing us the chainless blades in that fight? I have a gut feeling that it would not be done for no reason at all, especially considering that MX has a chain.
    The thousands of keychainless, dead blades in the ground have to represent something as well.

Perhaps TAV had to use the keyblade of a dead keyblader? The Keyblade would still be tied to that person's heart, so no special memory binding trinkets.

I am open to new ideas. I will accept and discuss anything. Except the possibility it means nothing. There seems to be too much evidence trying to say that it means something.

Erkz, where is this Nomura quote about artifical keyblades? This could help a lot.

/ontopic

ICSP, I still need to know what the name means! I cannot find that thread!

Oh, and I pity you being premium. One use, and you are out of order until the next fight (Sort of like Repliku, I have noticed). I can still be reloaded, provided I am not first in a sleight.

Now, what is needed for premium again? Was it over 100 rep, half a year's membership and 1000 posts? I have next to none of them... I want more rep, and a way to get a high post count outside of spam zone!

16. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Okay, then. They are apprentices, not warriors, and Xehanort is a master. What does this have to do with them not weilding keyblades? Can apprentices of a keyblade master not weild the keyblade? At this point in time, considering the trailer analysis, Mickey is too an appretice at this point, and yet you do not deny he weilds a true keyblade.

Eh? The Keyblade disappears if it is in danger of sustaining heavy damage such as this? When does this happen in the game? I don't recall any time when it would ever have had a need to disappear to avoid taking damage, and even if it did, is their proof that Sora (or whoever) did not do this intentionally?

Please, point me in the right direction on that one, because that may very well have beaten me, if there is evidence behind it.

True. That wasn't really a theory, though. Just speculation on the powers of the keyblade. So, I'll have to agree.

Well, considering that Riku used Way to Dawn while Kairi used the keyblade Riku gave her, it is obviously not the same keyblade as Way to Dawn. While there is no doubt that this is a real keyblade, this may have been a keyblade specifically meant for a Princess of Heart to weild, and was given to or found by Riku during his travels for when he would eventually meet back up with Kairi. Or perhaps he simply found a keyblade without a master, or created one himself. I don't know. The only thing I do know for certain is that it isn't Way to Dawn, Riku's own keyblade. Also, if it was his own, he gave it to Kairi willingly - who may have been a chosen master, or her Princess of Heart status and able to weild it herself - so it didn't return to his hand.

And the Soul Eater, that "evolved," if you will, into Way to Dawn, was not like TVA's. It was not key-shaped like these are, and appears to be only a weapon fashioned from darkness by Maleficent for Riku's use. So, if anything, it shows that these are closer to the Way to Dawn - a true keyblade confirmed by Nomura. They simply don't have keychains on them.

And saying that there are different types of keyblades just exemplifies the likelihood of these being real keyblades. If there are different kinds of keyblades, why wouldn't these be real keyblades? If they are slightly different from the Keyblades we've seen thus far, they could still very well be true keyblades, just of a different sort.

Also, others can weild a different person's keyblade, but it appears that this can only be if that person is too a keyblade master. Because when Leon and Sparrow try to use it, it just automatically comes back to Sora's hand. But this doesn't have really anything to do with the rest of the argument.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. But I don't think they would look so very much like real keyblades if they weren't. I mean, if they were something like the Soul Eater, they would probably look more like a sword of some kind. Not the giant key-shaped weapon.
    But, about their master not giving them keychains just yet, that makes a lot of sense. Since they are just apprentices, perhaps when they grow and experience enough, they will fashion their own keychains from their hearts and minds, and they will be ranked then as a warrior/master or something.

Which could also explain the Lingering Spirit's ability to change his keyblade. He may have reached the highest rank of Keyblade Bearer, and have experienced enough that he can actually control the appearance and function of the Keyblade itself.

@Pika_Power: Well, I think that we can agree that the Lingering Spirit is much more powerful and advanced than Sora, no matter what weapon it is. I mean, even if that is a quality of a "Chaserblade," it must take a lot of practice to be able to use so many powerful abilities so quickly and so accurately. I mean, he has been named the most difficult boss in KH, surpassing even Sephiorth. So, why couldn't he just be a keyblader with extreme knowledge and power over the keyblade.

And I'm kinda liking the idea I stole from Erks. That they don't have keychains yet because they are apprentices and they and their keyblades haven't experienced enough yet to obtain keychains. While MX has a keychained keyblade, and he is dubbed a Master.

As for them using the keyblades of fallen keybearers, that is also very plausible. I can fully agree with that. Of course, that would still make them keyblades. Just disused keyblades. Meaning that eventually, as TVA go on, they could get keychains for them. I like that idea too.

And I am quite aware that I'm being very one-sided. I like doing that. I enjoy finding arguments to go against you guys. Gives me something meaningful to do. And its getting harder! But we do need people devoted to each side, just as we need mediators. :D

17. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

Sephiroth stopped being the hardest boss in the game since Limit Form and LV99 Roxas. XD

I C Stupid People.

No, no, no. It doesn't disappear specifically because of that. Like how they tend to disappear both times Roxas gets owned, and is still somewhat concious. He can't use them, so they disappear. I myself can't recall this happening with Sora, but... Sora slices through buildings and stuff with a Kingdom Key... =S

Mickey is probably in the same position that Sora was in. Also, Xehanort, is wielding a chained keyblade. While TAV are not. Mickey is clearly training under Yen Sid. While TAV are not. Or maybe they are. I dunno, I doubt it. =S I mean, Mickey isn't even a King yet. BBS is too confusing right now. XD
    But anyway, Xehanort clearly knows the difference between a chained, and non-chained keyblade, and chooses to equip himself and his apprentice with them, later regretting the latter, supposedly.

Riku was busy being Rikunort, in which form he wields the second Soul Eater. Kairi's keyblade may well have been Way to the Dawn with a different keychain attached.

Like anyone would let Jack Sparrow or a cameo FF character wield a keyblade. That'd be alot of fangirls' wet dream, mind you.

And yet again, while reading your post, Xiron, I get another random inspiration for a theory. Stop doing that, dammit. =|

18. AntiWeapon Chaser

Riku used the way to dawn while kairi was using her flower blade thing.

19. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

*Re-watches Cutscene*
    ... So he does... I wonder... Can he split his keyblade like Sora can?

20. P Banned

First off, you have fallen pray to the misleading title. I may have meant it when I had posted the original topic, but not anymore.

I am not trying to disprove that the chaserblades are not keyblades, merely that they are different from the regular type Sora uses. I call them chaserblades for convenience. Would you do the same? It would just make discussing them easier.

Why would you say Mickey is an apprentice? Sorry, but I would like proof. Besides, Mickey could have attained master level during BBS.

I cannot think of any time this may be. Not my fight here. It was Erkz who brought it up.

Hmm. I hate to shoot myself in the foot, but couldn't you argue that it would take some power to reform it, and Ven was in no position to do this?

My theory on this is it was just Riku splitting his keyblade and giving one to Kairi. The flowery thing could represent Kairi to Riku. It works, right? He lets her wield it, like Sora lets Jack wield his.

They are no closer to WttD that they are to the KK. A keyblade transformed from an object. It seems to be in a different class entirely. I see no link. Please explain how you see one, I may have overlooked something.

See first paragraph. They could be real keyblades, but a different type. Yet they seem to gain nothing, and loose a chain. Makes me think they are lesser.

For Leon yes, but For Sparrow, Sora lets him hold it, then summons it back.

See first paragraph again please. I mislead you via the title.

Why would everyone else have chains? Just asking.

I suppose. Depends. He could be just a lingering spirit. As for being stronger than Sephy, it is because he is a hidden boss. Is Xemnas as hard in KH2 as in KHFM?

The only problems here are the KK and Mickey's key. (Oh please, can I just call it the Queendom key, for convenience?) They have real chains, and Sora hardly qualifies as Master. The Jedi theory won't cut it here either. The KK does not watch star wars. (But really, that is still only Sora's view, not the Keyblade's view.)

Try to be open to ideas. As said before, this is a forge, where we make the theories, not the battlefield. A bit of hammering is needed, but not an enormous amount. We can test our metaphorical blades on the battlefield soon.