Birth by Sleep Re-posted: Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

yeah, I completely agree here. I dont think their hearts are powerful enough to use a keychain though.

Ill list a few. Some may not be canon, but im still listing them.
    1. Lexaeus Vs. Sora. With Lexaeus' power over 9000 (literally) im pretty sure he could break Sora's keyblade (non-canon)
    2. Kh1 Xemnas Vs. Sora. He hurls a huge lightning bolt at Sora...Sora manages to barely deflect it. (non-canon)
    3. Roxas Vs. Sora. ROXAS BEAT THE ____ OUT OF SORA'S KEYBLADE -before slashing it out of Sora's hands of course, but still! I also want to point out that even though keyblades tend to be blunt, Oathkeeper and Oblivion actually have sharp edges. (CANON)
    Sora can also cut through buildings with a blunt object, and has bladelocked tons of times with other sharp weapons. There were about a million instances it could break...those were all weak arguments btw, so your opinion doesnt have to change...

I posted earlier in reply to Pika's secondary question that perhaps the darkness weakened the armor and the keyblade GREATLY and the ice made the metal brittle...good combo if u want to shatter something.

Yes, but we have not yet seen a keychainless keyblade. Thats why we posted:

A) It could be a different weapon entirely
    B) It could be weaker/stronger than a keychainblade
    C) It could be a different type of keyblade.

Sora's kingdom key never vanishes when he takes the keychain off. He needs it to not vanish to put another keychain on...

And we dont know about the locking abilities. Like you, I tried to understand how keychain or not meant locking ability or not, but we have not yet seen a chaserblade lock anything. I think they can lock things though. When Sora started on his mission, he had to RE-LOCK the worlds, even in kh1. That means that they were locked before, and the only ones who could have done it were TVA.

Whaaa!? Only one of the reasons from your list apply and you say we can only assume they r keyblades? Thats a good reason to assume they arent keyblades.

Thats all. I dont think I provided much...just criticism I guess.

2. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

That's a good point. If they were unlocked before, that means someone not only locked them, but unlocked them again.

=|

3. P Banned

Hmm?

Does it? The way I understood it, the world's hearts had no reason to be locked. Then the heartless came, and started destroying stuff. Sora had to lock the world's hearts to save the world. When he finished the End of the World, he revived all the dead worlds, and also locked them. (KH power? Whatever. For that statement, I was drawing from the start of the end of the world)

In kh2, he used the keyblade to open up new gummi-paths. Not lock worlds.

So, I see nothing leading towards the idea of TAV locking the worlds.

4. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

well the thing is, you aren't really supposed to go from world to world...they r supposed to be in their own little "dimensions" lets put it, and you cant interfere.

That doesnt mean you CANT go from world to world. The king, goofy and donald have the gummi ship to travel between worlds when they need to, but theres the whole rule about the "world borde-" I mean "world order" that donald, goofy, and later, Sora, need to protect. Thats why in kingdom hearts 1, they couldnt really tell the queen of hearts (wonderland) what the heartless were, because that would be "meddling" since the heartless were/are from a different world. Thats also why in atlantica or halloween town, they "dress up" so that they look like the people who live there...sure, locals are going to question where SDG are from, but in the end, they just figure they are from a different part of their own worlds.

There are two ways of getting to worlds though. Theres the gummi ship way or going through space, and then theres the darkness way. Sora had to lock the worlds so that the darkness way would be sealed off because anyone no matter if they wanted to or not could go the darkness way. And if everyone went the darkness way all of the worlds would end up like traverse town, which isnt necessarily good...

in kh2, the gummi ways were sealed off too...sora had to unlock those with his keyblade after beating a world once, then go back and lock the world after beating the darkness boss or whatever...I dont really think this mattered though, since Sora would unlock the gummi ways after locking a world...

heyyy...what you wrote is a good point too, because it makes me think that TVA lost in BBS and MX/DS (so many acronyms) unlocked all the worlds to fill them with darkness and whatnot...After that period, worlds started going out, I think. I could be getting ahead of myself but....

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

this is all coming out pretty good.......now we need more concrete facts........so now ?

what do we know for sure?

6. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

O.O I did give concrete facts if its the gummi ship one ur talking about...and in the post in which I responded to Erkz, I said "I dont want to get ahead of myself", meaning I dont really know and could be jumping to conclusions..

7. P Banned

Following you so far. Worlds are naturally sealed off.

Yes it does mean you cannot go from world to world as you please. It is said near the end of KH1 (or was it the start of KH2?) that the heartless broke down the barriers between worlds. You can then use any means to get around. Be it Gummi ships, Heartless ships, or just believing, like Beast.

Traverse town? That just happens to be a spot with lots of dark portals around. Thus people get sent there after the death of a world.

The way I interpreted it was like this:

Prior Kh1: Everything sealed. Nothing able to mix, apart from Dark portals and those who can use them. As heartless are not around, these type of people are rare.

Ansem's experiments: Heartless created, they break down barriers between worlds and start searching for the world's keyhole, to consume the world's heart. Gummi ships, heartless, Dark portals, certain vessels (Monstro, Captain Hook's ship) can act like gummi ships on a large scale.

Start of Kh1: Everyone is zipping around worlds. Worlds are being consumed left and right, world order is screwed up.

Middle of KH1: Sora Seals keyholes, meaning worlds cannot be consumed. Heartless still can go to the world to try to take hearts, and hunt Sora.

End of KH1: Now it gets muddled. Sora thinks that killing Ansem will help restore the worlds, and will stop the heartless. This will lead to the barriers of the worlds coming back.

Chain of Memories interlude: Places cannot be consumed anymore. Heartless still exist. Barriers between worlds have returned, sort of. Sora now needs to create pathways himself, not just let heartless do it. The reason for this is currently unthought of. The org may or may not be summoning hearts to create heartless to increase their number for Sora to kill to gain hearts for their KH.

Possible, but it was the creation of heartless by Ansem and his buddies that did the whole world breaking thing.

Hope my views are cleared up. Remember, this is only how I interpret it. By all means point out flaws, and explain what you thought happened.

8. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

So, just for ease of use and to summarize:

1] Worlds were one -> 2] Worlds get split up and locked off from one another -> 3] Locks mysteriously become undone and Heartless are able to break through and start devouring worlds -> 4] Sora locks them again -> 5] Sora makes new pathways -> 6] Whatever happens in the Future of KH.

2 and 3 are somewhat unaccounted for, as Heartless can't unlock keyholes, and someone had to split the worlds and lock them. =|

9. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

When were the worlds one? I do not recall that being implied in any of the games.

The locks were undone by the heartless. But I do not recall that the worlds were undone.

10. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

=| Kairi's gran-mum. KH1. Or at least I think it was her. I'm sure it was a KH1 quote though.

11. P Banned

The way I saw it was this:

Worlds are one. They have Kingdom hearts as their heart.

Worlds split. There are barriers in place around them.

Heartless come. Heartless can break the barriers, allowing gummi travel.

Sora gummi travels around, locking world's hearts. This does not cut them off from Gummi, but makes the heart of the world protected.

Sora kills Xehanort heartless. This recreates all worlds, and locks them. Barriers should be rebuilt, but are not, as heartless still exist.

Gummi routes are sealed off. Heartless can move around weakening the barriers. Sora can then open gummi routes.

This was how I saw it.