[re:] Prose of the Season #1~ Ekphrasis

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ShibuyaGato, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Noted.

That in itself is something of an oversight. Expectations for how the results will turn over and when people should begin to question if there is something wrong should be detailed in the prompt and you were good to point that out this time even if you didn't recognize it as such when you posted. People should know what to expect when they devote their time and energy to something.

If that were the case, I'd expect potential entrants to be tagged in an update post as was done before. As it stands no one would enter at this point even if the organizer were waiting for more because the deadline was stated to be long past without any indicators that there was any form of additional extension. Again, it's a matter of people knowing what they are to expect here.

This is the kind of thing that causes this writing competition to invariably die no matter who is running it.

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

So sorry for the delay, folks.
    To @. : tale_wind and @Novashadow I hope to have the results up sometime within the next week. A combination of personal issues and a hectic school schedule kept me from really addressing this any sooner. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone, but I can assure you that this competition will continue.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Before anything else, I'd like to thank Nova and tale for entering. Entries are what'll keep this going, and your participation in the revival really is encouraging.

And now, the final tally. You both did great, but the winner for this round is:
    [*aggressive drum roll*]

Novashadow
    Here's what our judges had to say about your piece.
    Pros:
    • PLOT TWIST = Well Done
    • Simple, but deep
    • Dat diction, mmf
    • Good atmosphere
    • Easy to read
    Cons:
    • Work on your flow

. : tale_wind
    Here's what our judges had to say about your piece.
    Pros:
    • Detailed, yet suspenseful
    • Onomatopoeia was cool [DING!]
    • Characters were interesting
    • Very unique considering the picture
    Cons:
    • Feels incomplete - should be part of a larger story
    • No real twist; lacks a clincher.

Congratulations to both of you. You really did a great job. The winner will be receiving their pin in the next few days.
    Did you want to enter but miss your chance? Don't worry! PotS and PanS run regularly, so you'll get your time to shine soon enough!

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

; u; Thank you so much aaaa

I will make every effort to contribute work to future PotS.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Congrats, Nova! And thanks for the critique, nameless judges~

As I was writing it, I felt like, "oooh I could make this its own entire giant story" but I wanted to keep it short. I think it was a little too short—well, actually it was at least twice as long as Nova's—but I was rushing at the end to churn the thing out for the due date, and I think it suffered some from that.

Looking forward to participating again in the next one!~♪