Recipe sharing

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Near-to-Tears, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

So I'm living in a student house at the moment, and ever since leaving home it's become horribly apparent that I cannot cook worth a damn. In fact today I had to ask my housemates how to tell when a potato was boiled enough to mash. So it's just getting humiliating at this point. :c

Anybody here know any simple, reasonably priced recipes? Big meals or single portions are equally as good, seeing as my house do occasionally make dinner as a group. c:

2. Jayn

Aww. Well, I can't think of any specific recipes at the moment...Usually when I get suddenly hungry, I vouch for homemade macaroni and cheese or other pastas. You can make a lot of it, it's cheap and pasta in general is pretty filling and easy to make.

Howeverrrr, this is my favorite site to look up recipes and I recommend it. You can sort by ingredients so if you don't have something, or can't afford to buy one of the ingredients, you can exclude it from your search results. But if you're having a taste or an idea for something (like cheeseburgers), it's easy to search for a bunch of different recipes and list the ingredients, etc.

If you really can't cook, I suggest looking into some frozen dinner food options. Stuff that you'd just have to throw into the oven or microwave.
    Good luck!

3. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't have a real recipe for this, just something we started making at our house.

all you need is
    Pasta, any kind you like
    chicken, best if it's pre-cooked [or really any meat and/or veggies you want]
    butter [or a butter substitute]
    cheese [any or as many kinds as you want]

really, you just make sure everything is cooked and seasoned to taste, mix it all together in one dish. easy enough to make a lot or just one serving.

hope that's even a little helpful :I