Chain of Memories Riku - Rapid Card Breaks

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

What determines whether we get a rapid card break or not?

2. A Zebra Chaser

You mean the duels? They happen when you and your opponent have the same card value

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

No, when you break your opponent's card and attack really fast.

4. A Zebra Chaser

can you be more descriptive

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

2:25 - 2:32

6. Patman Bof

You card/sleight number has to be higher than your opponent' s.Since Riku' s hand can' t be changed at all it can' t really be planned efficiently, unless you' re somehow able to pay attention to your cards, to your opponent' s cards and to the battle at the same time. Good luck with that.
    You could skip low value cards to improve your odds, but you' d have to reload your deck more often so ...

Oh and zero cards can break your opponents randomly. Calling them ? cards would have been more fitting since that' s what they really are, a random number.

7. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

From what I could tell, the first card the soldier played at 2:25 actually got to the middle section and remained there for a very brief moment before getting broken. In contrast, its second card barely reached the center, you can't even see it stopping. Therefore, I think it's safe to assume that "Rapid Card Break" not only represents how fast Riku's attacks become, but also how quickly the break must be performed, i.e. just before their card reaches the center.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it's just a card break that has to occur almost immediately after an opponent plays their card. its' really simple to do, just wait with a 9 or 0 and just press the attack button the moment you see the opponent put up their card.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

From what I've seen, it also gives you more DP points.

10. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

I thought zero cards functioned as Break-O-Matics, meaning they would triumph over every number, even 9. The downside is that they are also the easiest to break. So the issue here is whether or not it is played before the opponent's. MIGHT be mistaken, though, it's been a while since I played it.

11. Explode Who?!

No, you're right.

From my experience, I think you have about half a second from the moment your enemy puts it down for it to count as a rapid break. It's not too hard to get. Just get a fairly high valued card (7-9 is pretty safe), a 0, or even a card stock/sleight (totaling 7 or above), and use it the moment you see your opponent use a card.