Kingdom Hearts II Riku's hand

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ralor, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamG. Moogle Assistant

about riku's hand:

After the first fight he lost with Roxas,Roxas injured him with the oblivion key.Watch the video at www.youtube.com.

2. Dredica SNES was the best.

He gaurded that attack.

3. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

No offense meant, but personally, I think a hit or two with Oblivion wouldn't hurt him so badly that he would have to wear a bandage for an entire year. :X

Plus, we already went over the fact that it's not a bandage, its a decorative piece of cloth. ;P

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah, I'm not trying to give Riku too much credit, but a hit with Oblivion would give him a bandage? He's Riku dude. Plus look at the Xemnas fight, I'm positive that hurt much more than the Roxas fight.

5. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Agreed, He took several direct hits there. He took a rest for a little while, and by the time they were at the end of the beach scene, he was fine, and swimming and everything. :X

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

Riku is invincible.

7. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

His power level is also OVER NINE THOUSAANNNNNDDD!

8. Dredica SNES was the best.

It is now official.

9. Insane_Squrriel Destiny Islands Resident

Goofy: Donald, what does the scouter say about his power level?

Donald: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!!

Goofy: What 9000!?!?!?

10. Dredica SNES was the best.

Where did "Its over nine thousand!!!" come from?

11. Repliku Chaser

Although people argue against it, I do think Riku actually injured himself and that is why he was bandaged. Also, Roxas had little bandages on his fingers which Ven doesn't so that suggests to me that both of them took injuries from each other. Also, people said the fight with Riku and Roxas was a year ago...both were not. They were sometime close to before the 7 days he spent in the fake Twilight Town. The procedure occurring with Roxas was quick to digitize him and move that part along. Riku was doing other things while waiting on Sora.

I doubt it has anything to do with doing something to himself like Auron did. He did not really use the hand for anything else other than in Limits and to fire Dark Aura or Dark Shield etc from. I'm pretty sure it's not just a decoration out of symbolism.

As for the second question, Riku has no Heartless. Riku's Heart was never consumed by Darkness. Riku gave his -body- to Xehanort's Heartless but never his spirit. He used his Heart and Soul to hold Xehanort's Heartless (Ansem) at bay to let Kairi, Donald and Goofy escape. Afterwards, Ansem sent Riku's spirit to Darkness but Riku was not consumed by Darkness even then. His spirit stayed strong when he had found the true path he needed to be on again. When Ansem was defeated, Riku's body was returned to him but he had to remain in Darkness to not let Ansem get back out, so he stayed behind.

Also, I really don't get how people keep calling Riku emo and yet love Roxas. Everything Riku did, whether he was corrupted by Darkness for a while and duped, was for other people than just himself. He did care for others a lot. He just didn't want to be lonely or forgotten, which suggests Riku has somewhat a past where people may have abandoned him or he knows something Sora and Kairi don't. He made mistakes but in KH so did Sora. In CoM he was afraid of Darkness...I would be too after seeing what it can do and having some old guy crazy person connected to me...that's just freaky. In KH2, he went out of his way to help Namine, Sora, Roxas, speak to Axel, save Kairi etc. He did everything for everyone else. The only thing he was 'depressed' about was going home because he was not sure if people would accept him anymore after what happened. I think that's pretty darn reasonable and he still helped others despite the fact he might not ever go home again. All in all, I think if it were anyone but Riku to endure all that, they probably would not have come out as strong as he did. As much as I like Roxas, if anyone was emo, it was him. Riku knew what he was fighting for. Roxas was all about him and forsook friends.

12. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

And Repliku has shamed us all. SHAMMMMEEEEDD.

13. Dredica SNES was the best.

Thank you.

14. Mrs Riku Merlin's Housekeeper

i never thought that that was a bandage of some sort, I thought that it was just an accesory. And I wish people would stop calling him emo!

15. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Its not a bandage, its an arm brace. I do not think its because he is wounded, but rather because he desired to wear something on his writst.

He does not limp either, its just the way he runs when he has his blade summoned.

16. P Banned

Could have been from a wound, then he would have turned into Xehanort. When he reverted, he would be wearing the bandage still. He may never have thought to take it off.

Also, I do not know if this has been explained, but he never lost his heart to the darkness. First off, he slowly gave into darkness. Next, his heart seemed more to be repressed rather than swallowed. When he did the apparation thing, he was glowing, light. Not darkness. So I assume he skipped the whole turning into a heartless phase, and did what Numora said would happen. (ICSP had a thread on it. PM him about it) and the heart just went into KH, until the body was freed up. (Xehanort still was in possession of it, he just changed the appearence of it) When Xehanort died at KH, Riku got his body back. Thus he was on the inside of KH with Mickey, to help out with closing the door.

17. Repliku Chaser

Why would he wear an arm brace if he wasn't injured? Kind of makes no sense. Also, Riku can fight with either hand and did so in CoM and KH. In KH2 he sticks predominantly to one hand and just fires off Darkness powers with the other that has the brace. Also, Roxas had bandaids/strips on his fingers. It seems possible to me this was Nomura's way of showing that Riku and Roxas had taken some damage from their battles but didn't really mess each other up badly. An arm brace like that isn't that serious any way and is probably meant to just keep his wrist straight but I'm not seeing why he'd wear it as a fashion statement. He's not really the kind to play up sympathy or whatever.

Also, again, Riku never lost his Heart to Darkness. He had gone down a bad path and had Darkness in his Heart but he was never consumed. Ansem took his body but Riku remained with his own Heart and all inside. When Sora's friends came under danger, Riku's spirit came forth and saved them, forcing Ansem to be frozen and have to contend with him to allow the others to leave Hollow Bastion.

It is after this, Ansem sends Riku's spirit (Heart, Soul, Mind..whatever else) to Darkness. Riku's spirit though never fell and he kept fighting Heartless and met up with King Mickey, assisted him and was helped too. Riku was in the realm of Darkness and yet talked to Sora who was fighting Ansem to coax him on. Afterwards, Riku remains in Darkness because though his body was returned to him, it had the Darkness of Ansem, which meant that Ansem could get back out sooner or later through being tied to Riku. This is why Riku remained and King Mickey had to remain because the door had to be locked from both sides to secure Kingdom Hearts.

I explained it in more detail since Pika...since when he was an 'apparition' he was not consumed at all. He was the spirit within that after Xehanort had cast him to Darkness still endured. He was sent to Darkness and did not go to KH but by getting there with King Mickey it seems. There's nothing that shows he went to KH since he had his entire spirit sent to Darkness and endured; not just his Heart. Also, he still obviously had a link to his body because when Ansem was defeated, Riku's body was returned to him. Riku probably -could have- given up in Darkness and been consumed but did not.

18. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

i always though the bandaged hand was because of the darkness or something

19. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Actually, Dark Firaga was first introduced in KH1 when Riku went into his dark uniform at Hallow Bastion.

And, it's alright. It's not just you, it's just the fact that this has been explained time to time again.

20. UzumakiRage Traverse Town Homebody

I think the bandage on Riku's left arm cover some kind of "soul burn" caused by the darkness in his Firaga and for that he can use his left arm only for dark power. Or maybe it's just an accessory designed by Nomura. Infact, all the character designed by him have strange clothes or accessory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.