Kingdom Hearts II Riku's hand

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ralor, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UzumakiRage Traverse Town Homebody

I'm really sorry, I didn't read all the thread:sorry::laughing-smiley-004

2. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

Actually when I started this this thread, it was about BOTH riku's hand and his possible nobody

3. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

What he said. And the other guy about the decorative piece. Its just nice, cut off glove!

4. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Why would there be marks from when he went into the Dark Mode? The thing about the Dark Mode is that it makes attacks more powerful and the side effect of using it is openning Riku's heart to Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless...as it was done in Re: CoM after defeating Lexeaus. And, plus, after using the Dark Mode in Destiny Islands after defeating Zexion, Riku was even more open to Xehanort's Heartless and he nearly took control of Riku.

And, Antiweapon, that's an interesting theory but the thing is that Riku pretty much formed a whole new body on the other side. There's a cutscene in Final Mix that shows Riku on the other side talking with the king. He was fighting off the Darkness with the king's help. And, really, Roxas was created at that point where Sora became a Heartless. The thing about Roxas is that when Sora was a Heartless, he heard Kairi's voice and that made him not forget who everybody was when he was a Heartless. Roxas never got those memories because Heartless Sora remembered.

5. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I say that because he suddenly dons a black, blue and red -perfect- skin suit of some form out of nowhere and it constantly reverts as well and both are crafted out of the same darkness yet only the firaga leave marks? Does that make sense to you?

6. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, it makes sense but I've explained the side effects of using the Dark Mode. You see, the dark damage doesn't need to be physical. Like I said before, the Dark Mode opened Riku's heart to Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless and Riku almost got possesed again in Chain of Memories from using the Dark Mode for a long period of time.

7. Zandyne King's Apprentice

He also transforms in what appears to be an small and quiet explosion for Dark Mode.
    Also, if Dark Firaga hurts him, why doesn't the Dark Mode suit protect him as it does against OTHER forms of damage -and need I remind you, it gave some defense against Repliku's attacks as well-.

Now to add even more questions to this which you have spurred on, what point would Xehanort's Heartless serve in giving him a power that WEAKENED his host's firing arm and would in turn weaken him? You don't break the arm of the doll you are to assume the form of. He was "crazy" but he doesn't lack self-preservation instincts, that goes against the basic programming of Heartless in general.

And back on topic. I will continue to insist that arm sock is in no way a brace, if Riku could find ONE BELT he can find other things like other belts or at least sturdier supplies to act as a brace; and he was hanging out with Mickey part of the time (due to time gaps this is debatable), if he needed aid, he would ask or Mickey would *notice*. Another would be he later met up with Sora and co. if he was still injured by then (assuming your speculations that he was indeed using the sock as a brace) they would have done something to HELP HIM., like a GOOD FRIEND. It's not like Sora doesn't have sturdier materials to spare for a brace.

Essentially it is a 'part of his design', it isn't necessary and aesthetically it is prettier on the eyes. (If anyone notices, Nomura loves to incorporate gloves, wristbands and other knick-knacks on one or both of the arms of most of his characters.)

If a suggestion of a cut or visible damage is otherwise suggested for the reason the arm-sock being there, I vouch again for 'no', because if this were true his black coat would be damaged as well on that arm. (This is an analogy of visible damage consistency, scars and damage rarely appear in this game series despite the fact that they should, unless it is in the case of Auron, Saix or Xigbar.) Therefore if it was relevant to the plot or more subtle factors of the story, they would indicate it with something more visual. Another thing to note is that he vividly gestures with his hands equally, yes I know it is the style of KH to have lots of GESTURES, but if his arm was truly sprained/injured he would not use that hand for something so trivial.

8. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Like I said, it was meant to raise his strength, not his defense. When did it protect him from Replica Riku?

Think of it like this: Xehanort's Heartless must have some type of power that would heal all wounds when he takes possesion of Riku's body. To contridict the next question you'll have (Why didn't he heal himself during Hallow Bastion?), maybe he only had the power to heal his vessel after he went inside it. Think of it as Valor Form: You can't use magic once in Valor Form, only when you go into it it'll heal all wounds.

9. Zandyne King's Apprentice

You did notice he went into that form AFTER his arm was allegedly "injured" correct? However even if this is true we can see, even when he went into Dark Mode, it does not heal him as we can see in CoM.

And I say defense because each and every time he was about to be screwed over, he went into Dark Mode in CoM, and when you FIGHT Possessed Riku in KH1 you can't tell me that isn't an increase in defense. Another point though it will most likely be considered far less relevant by your standards, Riku went through all of the Castle in CoM completely unscathed even after tackling part of the Organization (and I do say that fight with Lexaeus and Xehanort's Heartless would have left some marks) and Repliku on several occasions, and mind you he was weaker when he was in the Castle. If there was a place he would get hurt without any aid, it would have been there, so please explain how a very burly man's barrage of tomahawk strikes (and flying rocks) left less of a mark than say..A single strike from Roxas's keyblade(s) (keep in mind that the same keyblade has a hell of a time doing noticeable damage to for comparable example, other non-villain characters).

I know that people continue to say "OMG HE INJURED HIS ARM THE POOR DEAR" by insisting that the ARM SOCK is an ARM BRACE but good LORD people, if Nomura made the damn thing have wrinkles, you can bet your fandom that it is an ARM SOCK put there for aesthetic purposes! The damn thing doesn't even COVER what could perhaps even be an ARM BRACE (and for you "Riku is a Dark Firaga Burn Victim) there would be visible signs of it on his palm or the back of his hand as well). At most he could fit a WRIST GUARD and if you look at the stupid thing, it doesn't bulge where it is supposed to should it have *even* been there. I know the beauty of speculation but this is a fine example of an aesthetic detail blown out of proportion because of story-starved fans.

CLEARLY the laws of injury do not apply to these characters, CLEARLY some refuse to accept that Riku indeed fancies an arm sock (or at least when Nomura is dressing him), and CLEARLY some people do not read my other posts elaborating on why the HELL it is an arm sock (and instead focus on my far less pertinent posts, which in your case would be the DARK FORM rather then about the *explicative* thing on his arm), CLEARLY everything pertaining to the finer points of Riku's Dark Mode is largely speculation on the fan's parts AND CLEARLY NONE OF US ARE NOMURA (hence why we are still posting, because obviously I must be missing some point of getting my point of view through to you).

And clearly no one else observes that almost none of the Square Enix character models are ALL wonky in stance/build in some way or form. Normal people do NOT stand that way and normal people do not DRESS that way, but that is the STYLE of Nomura. However no one seems to notice this and is adding more drama to characters (which isn't necessary) speculative histories because they are starving for it (which is a double-edged sword in most cases)! It is a flipping arm sock. (Even better is that PRIOR to KH2:FM+ no one would have probably even given the damn thing a second look except to crack more "hur hur, Riku is an emo" jokes.)

Ok that sounded a bit more ticked than I intended (I also am envious of Repliku's topic execution skills, but it'll make do), but I'm mildly bothered that my point isn't sinking into the people on this topic. (Dark Mode is not our topic Roxas_Key of Destiny, but I addressed it for you anyway.)

On a lighter note, did anyone else think it was really weird that Riku was wearing that clothing under his black coat? Speaking from the laws of conventional conservation...that cloak must have a temporal pocket or something....and be able to change size, what a magical coat!

10. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Riku never got possesed after that injury. He went into that form, yes. But, it's not the same as being possesed. Like I just quoted, he must have some power of heal when he takes possesion of Riku's body. I never said anything about healing himself when he went into that form. I guess you can say that it's an advance stage of the Dark Mode.

11. Repliku Chaser

I'm still not thinking that the Darkness is at all the factor because he wielded it just fine and has no problems or signs of pain tossing out darkness powers ever. Even when he's fighting Sora and tossing darkness at the Heartless, he's purely doing it all for play. Why would he do it if it hurt him? And he has a lot of other abilities than just Dark Firaga with no ill effects. Also he didn't seem at all injured by moving clouds etc apart and doing cool stuff in TWTNW. In the end, it has to be either a decoration or he wears it because his wrist bothers him some from when he was hit by Roxas. Riku pretty well wields Darkness like it's child's play.

12. Dredica SNES was the best.

It's not clothes you guys. I'm pretty sure he just wore it cause he thought it looked cool. He IS Riku, he's the only one with a good fashion sense, maybe besides Roxas.

13. Zandyne King's Apprentice

....You didn't read all of my post, please re-read for all of our sakes. And on a side note (and the need to have a conclusion to your additions), your speculation is heavily flawed, Riku has pretty much mastered control over Darkness and was even able to use Xehanort's Heartless's "helper" heartless, yet (you suggest) he couldn't access one of the most (what you speculate) useful abilities, such as regeneration? That Roxas_Key of Destiny means you need to either re-work your speculation or discard it as said earlier, as it is rather weak in basis. Possession or not, if Riku can access Xehanort's Heartless's arsenal of attacks he can sure as day access his "healing capabilities" (he managed to work in a shield ability from the Darkness so why not healing too?).

Thank you for your wonderful summary Repliku. This is the last time I will probably post against you though in this thread....Riku has a healing ability (Cure Potion) when he joins your party...and at least a few hi-potions. If his arm was injured...he could have used one of these spontaneous potions couldn't he (even if for whatever reason he couldn't use his ability)? Which is one of the main...even in-game holes I have ever seen if his arm/wrist really was injured in some way.

(....What an impressive mountain! 8D)

14. Roxas_Key of Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Answer this much: Why would anybody want to read all that information?

Anyways, let's possesion theory, again. Like I suggested, maybe only being posessed was when regeneration was able to take place. Think aboult this: Couldn't the power of regeneration be too far and the helper was just in his reach?

EDIT: I was thinking about Cure Potion as well. How ever, if we all really want to know the answer, one of the next games should answer it.

15. Repliku Chaser

You could be right and it was just some decorative thing he wore for comfort and design though it doesn't really do anything for his appearance. It could be that Nomura just wanted to put 'something' on his hands because otherwise he was just kind of dull. His clothes were the most 'tame' and well, I could see people wearing his attire in real life which anyone else's I'd have to doubt that.

I still ponder it's for the injury he might have received from Roxas but in the end I can't be sure it also isn't just some design thing to make his arms not so plain. So, I'm not really going to disagree with you guys who say it's just for decoration anymore but just instead leave it as a question since I can't be absolutely sure. I'm about 50/50 on the issue. I am pretty sure though that the Darkness issue doesn't exist though since as I said, he could use Darkness like it's child's play.

16. K.H.Nut13 Traverse Town Homebody

I think it might be broken, because he fought with Roxas and there's no telling what could've happened there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.