Kingdom Hearts II Riku's Nobody?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Marluxia13579, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

I don't know about you, but I was really expecting Axel to be Riku's nobody. They have the same hair, kinda, and it would have made a lot of sense. Although I'm not sure if Riku was ever a heartless. Would have been a nice idea tho.

Just so you know, I'm not saying that Axel actually is Riku's nobody. Obviously that's impossible. I'm just saying the storyline of KHII might have been a little better if he was.

2. khmaniac101 Traverse Town Homebody

no I thought axel was reno's nobody right from the start but of course thats not confirmed either

riku was never a "heartless" he just gave in to darkness and used its power his heart was too strong to become a heartless it took xehanorts heartless to overpower his heart and that was because it was weakened

3. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

About Axel and Reno, Nomura once said he wanted to create two characters who looked and behaved almost exactly the same, and to put them in different roles. Maybe Reno did become a heartless though...

4. Arch Mana Knight

Exactly. Riku didn't lose his heart. He just...well as you said gave into the darkness. The only reason I can see him having a nobody is if turning into "Ansem" counts as turning into a heartless...but then again he never left his body behind so yeah...he doesn't have a nobody yet.

5. xXRachaelXx Merlin's Housekeeper

Huh, I always thought that Axel was Riku's nobody....because Axel was really good friends with Roxas, who of course is Sora's nobody. So I thought that bond was created because of Sora and Riku's friendship?

6. Two different characters. In other words, no, Reno is not Axel's Somebody in that regard. Brother maybe, long lost cousin perhaps, but not each other.

And I thought I've never had to see the Riku equals Axel being his Nobody, ever, again. There's not even a resemblance in any possible way, they don't have the same figure, Axel's obviously older, and Riku never lost his heart. And the hair? As shown in the ending, Riku's hair is soft as water that girls and Marluxia could die for. There's nothing spiky.

All this because they are the appointed best friends of Roxas and Sora respectively? That's all?

I'm surprised there was that speculation in the first place.

7. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, I suppose on further examination, it doesn't really make sense. I still think they have similar hair, but their personalities are too different.

I'm just saying that Nomura could have made Axel Riku's nobody if he had wanted to. It kind of would have made the story of KHII a bit more complete, if we got to meet the Nobodies of the 3 main characters.

I don't actually think that Axel is Riku's nobody. But it would have been interesting if he was.

8. Repliku Chaser

These questions have been brought up a ton of times.

Riku has no Nobody as he never lost his actual body. It was taken over by Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) but his Heart was never taken and his body was technically not lost. Ansem required the body to do physical things so it could not be destroyed and Riku's mental spirit went to Darkness but it was never devoured and he endured there and met up with King Mickey.

And the Axel and Reno thing is also improbable. Nomura said he wanted to model Axel off of Reno. That is as far as the similarities go, other than having the same voice actor. Axel also would not fit the motif of the Org Nobodies if his 'somebody' had been Reno. His name would have been Reno mixed up with an X. It's been stated as well by Nomura that Axel is not Reno's Nobody, but the character concept was modeled off of Reno. Axel is also definitely not Riku, for the reasons stated above and also Yen Sid's account that Nobodies resemble their former Somebodies but with slight alterations to their physical forms. Axel and Riku look nothing alike, save for how tall Axel is and Riku is tall. Their bodies etc are nowhere near similar.

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

At first, I did think that Axel was Riku's nobody. But that just didn't seem to fight. Yes, they are very alike. But now I believe that Riku never actually turned into a heartless.

10. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, it's all true.

Axel is not the nobody of either Riku or Reno, obviously.

I was just making the point that the storyline of KHII might have been better if Axel was Riku's Nobody. That's all. I know he isn't in reality.

11. Repliku Chaser

It may have, or doing it this way might be better because Nomura could potentially bring back the Somebody of Axel at a later date if he wanted to instead of having the character entirely eliminated due to it being a copy of what happened with Roxas and Namine. One of the reasons I think people hoped he was the Nobody of Riku is because Roxas and Axel were friends and it mimicked that friendship between Sora and Riku in some ways. It could have given a reason why they were friends and drawn to each other but in a way I'm glad it didn't turn out that way and Axel got what he most wanted.

12. We know. This is just a message for those who actually did believe it. Besides, if Axel is Reno, then I say Larxene is Elena. Hey, take off the "r", and there you go xD.

Though, I do think the Organization was HIGHLY inspired by The Turks.

I disagree though, I think is better left that Axel is not Riku's Nobody in the end. That would kind of be predictable, in my opinion, and not original that all three main characters have Nobodies, just because of their high importance. I'm glad Axel turned out to be his own person, because surely, if he was Riku's Nobody, he'll be quite different.

13. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

Yes, I suppose it would have been a bit predictable... After all it seems some of us were expecting it. And Riku and Axel are too different. Riku's quiet and cool, while Axel is, well... fiery.

14. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Riku never became a heartless, meaning he never lost his heart, meaning he never became a nobody?

Axel is like 23...Riku is 16...
    whoa... O_o

15. Jayn

I don't know why...But unlike most people, that never came to mind. I never thought Riku had a nobody...

16. Arch Mana Knight

Same here. His heart never left his body. Even if he did become a heartless(Rikunort) his heart remained with the body stopping any formation of a nobody. He didn't become a heartless anyways...

17. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

so there isn't any nobody and Rikunort is a sort of heartless with heart?

well, but you're right that riku's heart never left his body, because without it, he became a real heartless under Ansem's control

18. ~Misa-Chan~ Gummi Ship Junkie

I want to goo zee moon :O *points at moon*
    I would say no, Riku doesn't have a Nobody since he didn't turn into a Heartless or lose his heart.

19. khmaniac101 Traverse Town Homebody

I answered this earlier why is there still a discussion

20. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Some people say that Axel is Zack's Nobody because of the hair ^^;;.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.