Role Play Idol Judges : Challenge 3

Discussion in 'Social Groups (KH-Vids.Net Forum)' started by Jayn, May 22, 2012.

1. Jayn

Okay guys, lol. I need help because I am lazy and tired. I'd like Challenge Three to be more interactive in terms of all of us posting, judges included. I like Hyuge's idea about the rebels and stuff. But I need a way for all of us judges to interact with them as characters, too.

So as stated, their characters are a group of rebels and they have to come to a decision about whether or not they'll give up one of their own to the authorities, or whatever.

My guess is that we'll be the authorities. Maybe a team ourselves. ...A ...government team ... /derrrrp.

First off, we all need to think up some characters. (Or one character per judge). I'd also like a more solid reason as to why we want this one person, and I'd like a more solid scenario, like ... should they be able to have powers? What about us? Weapons/Powers? And what exactly are we as the authorities? What time period is this? Blahblah.

Any help is appreciated because I don't feel like coming up with all of that on my own.
    [​IMG]

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ooh this sounds interesting~

Okay, well I think that the person they have to decide if they should give up or not shouldn't actually be played by anybody, that way all the contestants are in the same boat and they can each add something to what the leader is like but have to stay consistant with what's already been put.

Also are we planning on having this scene actually concentrating on the fighting or the debating if they should give up their leader or not. If it's on their heated debate then if they have weapons or powers shouldn't matter. They just have a choice, give up their leader and save themselves or fight with their leader against the odds. Perhaps the offer should be more than just themselves to make the descision harder like we'll leave alone a lot of civilions that might get caught up in the crossfire.

We could be after that one person as he's their leader, the one who organises them all and knows what he's doing. He's saved all their lives multiple times before and they've been through everything with him. He's a figurehead, a sign of hope to the people/a spark that inspires people to rebel and a spark that needs to be put out.

But yeah, before I make a chara I'd like to know what we're actually doing. Are we fighting them? Or talking to them? Or standing on the sidelines and threatening/taunting them?

3. Arch Mana Knight

Wait...so we'll be involved in the next challenge? Isn't that a little unfair? Aren't most(all?) of us better than the contestants? D8

Anyways, to skim ahead answer something Midnight said...I'd think it might be better for our characters(assuming we make them) to have as little interaction with the contestants as possible. So probably we could just...threaten them(the contestants)?

4. Jayn

@Midnight; I like the idea of no one actually playing who they have to give up.

I don't know what Hyuge had in mind in terms of what the focus is on? I was hoping Hyuge would post here and clarify that. But I always try to set up before hand whether or not they'll have powers or weapons in the challenge. In an actual RP, it would balance both? I'd kind of like for them to have the option of using weapons ... but if they're just making a decision on whether or not to give up their person then weapons/powers aren't really needed.

I don't know, I'm going to link Hyuge to this because Idk what they have in mind.

@Arch; Yes, I think that we should have little interaction, too and just chime in when necessary. xD Of course, we're not going to be judged or voted out or anything, just interacting, like an actual RP setting.
    [​IMG]

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Ah! Sorry guys. I had been checking the group, along with the RPidol page for anything new, but it had been coming up empty so I got a little slackish this week. engrossed in other rp's and joing other sites.

The best reference I can think of off the top of my head is like harry potter, especially with what midnight was saying. I'm thinking like the momentary calm within the fight where everyone is given an option. We announce that if they hand over whomever the leader is, they can all go free and say their families or whatever will not be harmed. I think this would be a good one for them all to use both of their characters so that the group isn't tiny. They need a decent number in order for it to be a worthy debate. I think it would be good for one of us to play the leader so that there is an actual chara, without there being much interaction I.e. have the leader leave the room or something to let them disgus it. i'm not really sure about an overall situation as to how they got into the mess at the moment, but we could have it set up where they are all surrounded or something and we tell them they only have so long to decided or they all die. Hopefully the latter isn't the outcome....but who knows...=]

I will delve deeper into this plot idea tomorrow while I waste away at work for seven hours with nothing to do. Eh..=/

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

so i'm still not sure on an overall scenario, but like i said: we could have them trapped inside a building being all "give up so-and-so and you can all go free and we won't go after your families," or whatever....have the leader be all: "you guys don't have to go through this because of me" and have them leave the room while everyone argues.

we can give them like a post limit or something. the challenge should be more quality oriented than quantity. focusing mainly on how they feel and such....if they all decide to stick by their leader then we could end it with everyone rushing out, guns blazing, and mega attacking. but without continuing the thread to the point of the actual battle. so yeah...they could have weapons, but they don't actually get used....idk...

feel free to add on or scratch out whatever you'd like. that's just what i've thought of so far for it....

7. Jayn

I think for now we should just exclude weapons. If we don't want them to use them, then we shouldn't make them available for use ... knowing some of them, they'd whip out a weapon regardless, haha. And so the setting is in a room/building? We can say that we trapped them. Maybe they were trying to break in somewhere, but we foresaw their plan and trapped them. And yeah, if they don't have weapons, then there's really ... no alternative. I'm trying to think of a consequence. Obviously, if they let their leader go then we'll let them go or whatever. If they stick by their leader, then I don't really know how to end the thread without a fight. ...Especially because they're trapped, so what are they going to do? Unless we end up with their decision and the emphasis is on the discussion leading up to that. [​IMG]

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

that's what i was thinking. like just make it more about their decision than anything. like in the RP say they have so many minutes to decide and then in the rules be like you have to come up with a decision in this many posts or whatever. so they have to make it as detailed and thought out as they can.

9. Jayn

Alright, I have the thread all ready to be posted. We just need to make quick characters. I mean, our characters really don't matter, so really, quick characters, lol. Is there anyone else who would like to volunteer to write the OP post? It would be a general set up, you know. The person who posted first would probably just mention that they have so and so time, and ask them what their decision is, etc ... This would in in character, btw. If no one gets back to me, I'll just do it.

On that note, please just come up with quick characters. You don't need to post them, just tell me when you're done so I can post the thread.
    [​IMG]

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'll leave the OP to someone else if you don't mind but I've got an character in mind so I'm ready whenever you need me.

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

i have a character. and she's pretty b-a. just saying. i'm ready too. i could probably do the OP, since it was my idea. if you want... i've got an idea on how to start it now. so yeah...

12. Jayn

Mmkay. I am also ready. And yes, that's fine. c': You can write it and post it here and I'll post it with the thread (with credit towards you of course) since I don't know when we'll be on at the same time. [​IMG]

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

of course. =] lol
    feel free to change something if it doesn't go with what you wan't.
    i hope machina's ready...
    and without further ado...

The north side of town was usually quiet and mostly peaceful. Today had been the same, until the loud sound of sirens started blaring down the streets. The residents of the north side and even the shopkeepers weren't used to hearing sirens down that way. It caused a lot of attention as home owners walked outside and business people stared out their windows at all the squad cars. It was quite a sight to see for anyone that lived on the street.

The Charger came screeching to a halt outside of a small building under construction. The lights in the grill still flashing as the red-headed detective came stepping out of the car. There was a megaphone in her hand and she waited for the other cops to get set up around the building before turning on the megaphone.
    "This is Dective Renee Swimmer, if you turn over your leader the rest of you can go safely free. We won't arrest you or spend time interrogating your families. Is that what you want? For us to go knocking on your doors and telling your families about how you are all a bunch of criminals? You have ten minutes or we're coming in! Choose wisely." She set the megaphone down on the hood of her car and signaled some commands to the other officers.

EDIT: i'm sorry for taking so long. i've been having really bad writer's block lately and ever time i pulled up this page i would just stare blankly at the text box. apparently this isn't the only thing that i've lacked creativity in lately. again, sorry. =/

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Do you still want us to post in this challenge or not? The challenge thread created the impression we weren't neededbut I could be wrong.

15. Jayn

We're definitely not needed, but we're there to move things along when they're slow and set the post standard. So yes, we should and can post. We'll mostly be interacting with each other but feel free to be creative.

[​IMG]

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

should i come over my megaphone again and be like you have 'you have so many minutes to hand him over or we move in?' since there's only four more days and they seem to be moving away from the main point.

17. Jayn

I'll post egging you on to do that, and then you can remind them. c:

18. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

=] sounds good. Especially since they only have the better part of a day left.

19. Jayn

Considering extending the deadline. Maybe just two days? Since they're kind of ehhh. xD I'm posting today.

Edit: Or... okay. I guess you just posted it.

20. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I probably won't do my critiques until the weekend due to exams, hope that's not a problem.