Role Play Idol Judges : Ideas, suggestions, questions.

Discussion in 'Social Groups (KH-Vids.Net Forum)' started by Jayn, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Jayn

^Post those here, lol.

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I believe that you might wanna look for a backup judge just in case someone quits in the middle or is unable to do it anymore

3. Jayn

I have two back-up judges so far. :]

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Cool sorry i didn't respond sooner xD

5. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    You mention in the judging criteria that font coloring is judged using the default skin. Which forum skin is the default?

6. Jayn

KHV 4.0 Final Mix is the current default. :'D

7. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I was wondering that if we have another romance challenge this season, if some of the couples were same sex ones? It'd be interesting to see how the contestants would handle this, whether they treated the characters the same way than in a opposite sex couple, or if they went all yaoi/yuri fan-girl/boy on us.
    *gets off soapbox*

8. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

^This.

I see this as a very interesting challenge in that regard. It will be interesting to see how different people would react to it, and it would take them out of their comfort zones.

Also, I'd like to propose another challenge of short and sweet.
    Well, not completely about being short and sweet, we'd give it another theme but say something like:

'As a lot of you guys found ways around challenge two, this time along with the current challenge, we will be giving you the same restrictions of keeping your post to two paragraphs only. Please do stick to the guidelines this time as we may choose to implement disqualification if the rules are not followed, this is a competition after all.'

Or something along those lines... lol, this way it makes it harder for them too and may convince them to follow the rules and restrictions more seriously. Otherwise it'd make life difficult for them in later challenges if we combine them like this. I see it as a good deterrent anyway.
    Maybe we don't include the disqualification thing, but I think there needs to be harsher competition-punishments for not following the rules of the challenge. :/

Thoughts?

9. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Maybe we give a word limit the next time? Maybe around a 100 words, we could call it a drabble challenge xDx

10. Jayn

I'd be fine with the yuri/yaoi thing. Except for that fact that there are some people -REALLY- uncomfortable with the subject, and I really don't want to force anyone to have to role play in that scenario if they're uncomfortable or personally against homosexuality. I'm personally fine with it, but it wouldn't be fair for someone to have to drop out/lose the challenge because they're uncomfortable with the concept. It's still up for debate though. What do you guys say to that?

I agree with another shot at the short and sweet type of thing with the word limit. That's fine.

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ooh, the romance thing sounds interesting, although at least give them the option to opt out of the yuri/yaoi if they're really uncomfortable with it.

The short and sweet thing is good too, I really enjoyed that last time but it would be better with a word limit as last time a lot of people found ways round the two paragraph things/they ended up being huge paragraphs. Also it might be good to have a universal word counter as I think last time P was over with some and not with others. That would avoid that dispute.

Also how about a filler round? In most actual rps you will get points where nothing much is happening, either you're waiting for someone else to post or you're just going between one big event to another to stop the rp from dying you have to post a filler post. They can't do anything significant or affect the plot but they've got to make it interesting.

Also are we still having 2 go out per round? If so and we have the usual dropouts it might be a very short season.

EDIT: No drop outs this round, nice idea. The challenge looks good too.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

i came up with an idea this morning. So for one challenge all of the characters are in a group and the opposing force wants one specific person. And everyone has to decide if they are going to give away that person so that can supposedly be free to live their lives peacefully or stand united and fight the protagonist with that person.

13. Jayn

Sounds good, Midnight. And yeah. 2 out.

Care to elaborate on that, hyuge? I mean like, why they want one person and who the bad guy is?

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I think the short and sweet challenge would be rather redundant in this season considering the legnth of post the majority of the contestants are currenly posting. They seem to have the opposite problem to what has happened in previous seasons.

For the next challenge I think we should have another one where they can only use one character, perhaps the opposite one to what they are using for this challenge? This will prevent them from depending too heavily on dialouge.

How about a fight challenge? One where the characters are pitted against eachother, where they've got to stop talking and get some action. This will show how well they can adapt to different situations as well as we can check to see if anyone gomods or powerplays.

If you're worried about people talking too long, you could also do what P suggested a while ago, where you write out a set post and everyone has to reply to that same post. It would be a direct comparison to see when put in exactly the same situation who would react best.

Finally, with the current challenge, are we penilising them if they don't get more than one post in? Reason being I can see that happening with some people.

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Well it could be like they're a group of rebels or something, and one of them is the leader. It could even be an imaginary person, and everyone is just the followers. And the police are all "give up ____ and the rest of you can go free." And the challenge is about everyone coming to a decision on whether or they give that person away or decide to stick together. They fi ght and argue and come to a resolution. And it doesn't have to be that they're the bad guys. They could be the good guys, surrounded terrorists or something.
    Idk..they have so many books/movies with that concept. 2nd 1/2 of hp #7, countless war/spy movies. It's just an idea.

16. Jayn

Thank you, Midnight. And yes. If they only get one post in, then...that's kind of a problem. Same with if the scenario isn't finished. Not totally major, but yeah.

Thank you, Hyuge. I like that. c:

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

no problem. I'm glad I could be of assitance.