Role Play Idol [Season One] Challenge #5

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Updates!

Welcome to the fifth challenge, for those of you remaining. It was another difficult decision, but ultimately, Britishism and Master of Keyblades were sent home. This point in the challenge is going to get rather difficult when it comes to voting, but we'll deal with that when we come to that. Once again, two of you will be going home to your corner of the Internets after this challenge.

As always, some things on judging are addressed in the spoiler below.

Your judges for Season One will now be the mysterious FuzzyBlueLights, the role play veteran Machina, and the tasty Ploo-Hems.

For any of you concerned with biased or unfair judging, SOME of my rules and regulations for them specifically can be found in the spoiler tag. Any unfair treatment will result in the forced resignation of said judge, no exceptions. They've all agreed to the below.

Being a judge in itself can sound pretty liberating. But it's really not all fun and games. I have quite a few things to let you guys know, but we'll keep it as simple as possible for now. Obviously, this group was made for a reason. To share information and discuss things together between ourselves. You four are the judges. Keep in mind this makes your opinions influence the other members, and also puts you in a position of responsibility.

You are to be f a i r. When you judge others posts, it has nothing to do with who they are, or if you like them, their literacy, if you've seen them before, how often they role play, blah. I mean, when you really judge them, it's unbiased.

You are to be h u m b l e. Being in any kind of position of power might boost your ego more so than it may already be boosted. Just make sure you realize we're all just members here. Respect each other. It is important not to discourage anyone, or make them feel like they're unimportant, unworthy, or anything negative. Please use caution and think before you hit 'submit'.

You are to be l a w f u l. The next thing I'll cover are some basic guidelines. Rather, areas you'll actually be judging. [...CONT'D ELSEWHERE]

The Challenge

This challenge is named 'fighting' but it should probably be called 'not-godmodding', because that's what I'll be most concerned about. You had a danger challenge in which most of you resorted to violence in, but this is a tad bit different.

There are four of you left. You will be paired up. But this time, you don't just reply once. You have 10 or less posts to post to wrap up a fight. Which means five posts per person.

You can have any weapon you want, and any ONE power you want.

Just; Do. Not. Godmod.

The initiator starts the fight and the initiator responds. You cannot reject the battle, though you can be reluctant to start it.

No one dies. Simply because most role plays wouldn't allow it.

As for the scenario? The initiator decides which one of these three you'll be acting out, so pay very close attention to what they say.

Scenarios. lolclicheallofthemcliche

A) The Initiator is in a band of assassins. They're all super badass and crap, and they've received a request to kill the Receiver. The initiator starts the fight, but then starts to draw back. The receiver is already riled up though and the fight ensues. The initiator attempts to stop the fight without giving their identity away. Why can't the initiator fight them? The reason is up to them.

B) The Initiator and the Receiver are sworn enemies. Though they grew up together in the same place, and they may have once been friends, something you decide happened in the past to pit them against each other. The initiator feels betrayed. They're now seeing each other for the first time in forever, and all the initiator wants to do is killkillkill.

C) The receiver is on every wanted poster in town and has been for years, charged of slaughtering people, and accused of being a demon of some sort. It's been years since the killing spree this 'demon' went on, and when the initiator--not only being a lover of justice, but also a victim of one of the attacks (insert loved one who was killed here) is sure they've found this murderous demon, they don't hesitate to attack. Is the receiver this murdering beast? That's up to them.

The initiator can also decide which character the receiver uses, if they specify such.

Partners;

Marushi x Tummer

Bushy x Chesterfield
    Rules or restrictions for this Challenge.

♣ Post ON TIME. Not every post has to be amazing and detailed and wonderful. You still have THREE days to post, and you can't leave your partner hanging. This is true in any role play where you're interacting with someone specifically. If you take forever, they can't reply. You each have FIVE posts to post in 3 days. But one can't reply without the other, so be considerate. Post when you CAN not when you WANT. Don't wait until the last minute.

I understand priorities and the fact that you might be busy, but try your best. If you have enough time to get onto KHV and post in some random threads, or get on MSN for an hour or two, or FB it up, you should have enough time to post here. A sentence is better than no post at all.

If too many of you are having difficulties posting, I will extend the deadline. But that's in the event of a 3/4 people not being able to do this, etc.

If you leave your partner hanging, you are disqualified. Don't focus so much on being amazing. Focus more on following the challenge and actually posting, lol.

♣ You may interact with your partner only. Five posts per person.

♣ Post when you can, not when you want.

♣ You may have on power and one weapon, but you do not have to have either, or both.

♣ Respond accordingly, read all of the posts posted.

♣ Remember that this is a competition. Try your best to impress me, and the judges. If you're not trying, it will be evident.

♣ Posts count, so be relevant. Please don't spam questions in this thread about this challenge, contact me personally.

♣ You have until SEPTEMBER 23th, 2011 to post. Preferably before then, because we want as much time as possible for the judging process. <: If you do not make that deadline, you are disqualified.

♣ Be creative and have fun! It is a competition, but it's also about being creative, original and letting loose.

♣ Graphics are okay to use if you want them. But I'm not making them for anyone in this competition. And if you use them, you're not scoring any extra points with the judges. I've made it clear that graphics does not equal superior.

♣ Post your posts in this thread, below my post.

♣ Once you submit, that's your post. You can edit spelling errors and such, but please don't add more on. Only because it would be unfair to post, compare to everyone elses post and edit more in based off of what other people post.

♣ Only use ONE of your characters. I don't care which one you use.

Members who have yet to post...

Bushy Brow - Izzy Kumo [m] + Ilia Kumo [f]

Marushi - Lance [m] + Kara [f]

theonly9one - Heather [f] + Brad [m]

Tummer - Hannah [f] + Luis [m]

Happy role playing. :]

2. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

OOC: Just to clarify, I choose:
    B) The Initiator and the Receiver are sworn enemies. Though they grew up together in the same place, and they may have once been friends, something you decide happened in the past to pit them against each other. The initiator feels betrayed. They're now seeing each other for the first time in forever, and all the initiator wants to do is killkillkill.

Hope you don't mind Chesty, but I'm choosing Brad to be the one to feel Izzy's wrath. lol
    Although... Of course you should be able to tell from my post. As long as I do a good job right? ;)

~

Thump Thump...
    His heart throbbed...
    Thump Thump Thump...
    His head throbbed...

The sound of clenched teeth gritting together was audible in the sudden tension in the air. His knuckles turned white from how hard he was clenching his fist, and blood from where his nails were digging into his skin dripped onto the floor; drop by drop.

...Kill.

It had been years since Izzy had seen Brad.
    He could see Brad's shocked expression just by reading his eyes as easy as a book. Brad had never expected to be found. But oh yes. Found he had been.
    Izzy had been hunting him all this time. He had been searching furiously ever since that night...

Kill.

The last time he had seen his former friend was when Ilya had been killed. Why? Well Izzy never had the chance to find out as Brad had fled that night. He had fled like the coward that he surely was.
    It was that day that Izzy had lost his mind. Seeing his sister just lay there in a pool of blood. A vacant expression in her blank eyes and what clearly could be seen as tear stains down her face.
    He had done that to her. Brad had murdered Ilya in cold blood.

Kill..

No one could believe it when it had happened, but of course, Brad was a natural actor having been raised on stage. He must have hid his true intentions from the start. This had to have all been planned from the start.

Kill...

Or... everyone from the village had been in on it?
    That was the conclusion Izzy's broken mind had come to. It didn't matter any more. Nothing mattered. He had lost the other half of himself, and thus he had also lost his restraint.

It was him.

And so... he had nothing else left.

It was all him.

As Izzy looked on at the man before him. Black flames with white hot tips slowly began to emerge from his very skin. Licking and teasing the air in a slow but hot fury. His normally blue eyes turned white and his pupils became as thin as pins pricks.
    ...How was this possible?
    Izzy had nothing left for him. Nothing but a desire to kill and inflict pain, to get revenge for Ilya, to satisfy his own pain with the pain of others. To get justice. The very same night as her death; he committed the unforgivable sin that the village forbid anyone from doing. He sold his soul to the devil, and afterwards... he had annihilated everyone in sight with his new found dark power.
    He needed this power. It was now his life itself.
    He was sure that the reason Brad had killed Ilya was to acquire some form of demonic power like that which he too now had cursing in his vains.

KILL HIM!

With great power, Izzy pushed a foot down hard and kicked off from the ground, launching himself towards Brad. His burning hot hand wrapped itself around Brad's throat as he spun around and threw him to the floor.
    An insane look took shape in Izzy's already deformed eyes as a sadistic smile of anguish appeared on his face. He reached behind him and grabbed the hilt of his Katana, drawing it and then pointing the tip down at Brad. "...Get up."
    He wasn't just going to kill him. He wanted to make Brad suffer. He wanted Brad to fight back so that this death would truly be fitting. It wasn't going to be instant. It was going to be long and painful. It was this day that both of their sins would be cleansed in each others blood.

3. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

OOC: Actually, I had wanted to let poor Heather out of her cage, but oh well. With your post, Brad definitely makes more sense...

IC:

Run.

A very simple word, that had completely destroyed Brad's life. A word that had been uttered to him with a sneer over the dead body of a girl he had known since what seemed like forever. He hadn't gone running, at first. He had kneeled over the body in shock, not even remembering why he was there to begin with. Only when he had heard Izzy enter the room, seen him losing his mind in a mere second right before his eyes, seen the accusation, the unadulterated hate, had Brad started to run.

He had been on the run for years, finally settling to stay in a cabin quite literally falling apart around him, his only contact to the outside world being through a secured radio channel only he and Heather knew about.

His life had been dominated by fear of this very moment, and when he saw Izzy appear suddenly in the middle of his rotting living room, that fear reached it's peak. His mind only had time to ask How? before he felt a burning grip on his throat throwing him violently to the floor.

Time seemed to slow down for him, as his mind started registering an immense amount of pain. His thoughts started darting around, thinking of ways to get out of this situation. He wouldn't get far running, talk would probably not even be heard. Of course, he could fight, and lose his life in a matter of seconds.

His eye-sight caught up with his thoughts, and he finally noticed that Izzy seemed to be aflame. The fire looked absolutely bizarre, and in other circumstances he would've found it fascinating, but today, all he could do was fear it.

Oh God I wish Heather was here...

Fear turned into panic in a fraction of a second. Heather was the only person who knew where he was, and there was no way she would've just given his location to Izzy, knowing firsthand the history between the two men. Heather had been his only friend since Ilya's death, the only one who had believed Brad to be innocent. She had been risking her life merely by knowing him, and Brad owed her his life. If Izzy was here now, it had to mean that she in serious trouble.

She's probably dead now because of you.

Panic made way for anger, as an adrenaline rush gushed through his veins, pushing aside the pain. He got to his feet, avoiding the katana, and found them to be surprisingly steady, as he stared Izzy down.

"What did you do to her?!"

He was slightly surprised by the lack of rasp in his voice, the way it echoed in his little hut. He felt his anger feed him, and he found himself wanting to fight.

I need a weapon.

He didn't need to look around to know that he had a rifle about two feet behind him. Unfortunately, the weapon had absolutely no ammo, but at least he could use it as a club. He sprung to action, flinging himself towards the wall behind him to grab the rifle leaning to an empty dresser, then using the momentum to push himself towards Izzy, lifting his arm to deliver a backhand stroke with his makeshift club.

I may die tonight, but I sure as hell am not going down without a fight. Heather, I'm coming for you.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

OOC: I decided to go with option three for this one. This is going to be fun! >:3
    Remember; we all go a little mad sometimes.

BIC:

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE
    NAME: KARA
    CRIME: GUILTY OF MASS HOMOCIDE
    REWARD: $1,000,000

Wanted posters with Kara's face were hanging all across the city. Her face had been well echoed into Hannah's mind. While it wasn't publically released, there was a lone survivor in the mass homicide that Kara had committed. It was Hannah's beloved, Luis, who was currently fighting for his life in a hospital outside of town. There was too much blood loss; none of the doctors believed he could pull through. Because of that news, Hannah had been crying for the past hour. In the background, she could still hear the news broadcast.

"Kara, found guilty of the deaths that happened a month ago, has not been seen for the past week. Officials have begun to search nearby cities to search for this young woman and to bring her to justice."

Hannah let out a small laugh as she made her way through the city. She walked straight through the crowd until she entered the abandoned school building. That was where everything began. No one visited here, not even the cops. She walked inside one of the classrooms, finding Kara chained to one of the desks.

"He's not doing any better, y'know," Hannah told Kara in a monotone. Hannah had kidnapped Kara a few days ago and has kept her as a prisoner. In her heart, Hannah couldn't find the strength to kill Kara. She figured though that she may just find the strength to if Luis ended up passing on. "He doesn't have much time left--he's become anemic. It looks like I'm going to have to get the blood somewhere else."

Hannah paced around the room, a slight smirk on her face. "I'm going to make the rules to the game simple for you. In three minutes, those cuffs will let you go. In five minutes, I'm going to hunt for you. A minute after that, I'm going to take your blood so he can live." As Hannah left the room, she gave one last glare at Kara. "I don't find it right to kill someone whose completely helpless. Be sure to make it fun for me."

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

As Hannah left the room, Kara laughed quietly. Not there was anything particularly funny about the situation, but she found it amusing to be on the other side of the threat. Humming quietly to herself, She made shadow puppets on the table in front of her to pass the time, and thought about her life as she did so. Growing up in a small town where everybody knew everything was very hard for a family with a secret, and Kara's family had probably the darkest secret the world had ever seen. But she had been raised practically since birth to lie and hide it, so she wasn't going to spill the beans now. The three minutes were up. The cuffs released her and Kara stood up, stretching and yawning as if she had just woken up from a long nap. Then, picking up the handcuffs and sticking them in her pocket (for future use), she left the classroom and took off down the hallway, looking for a place where she would have the advantage in a fight.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

It was almost time for Hannah to pounce on her pray. To her, this was going to be a rather brutal game of "Hide-and-seek".

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four," Hannah said in a loud voice.

As she counted down, her voice became much harsher and angrier. She wasn't stupid; Hannah knew that Kara had some kind of demonic power inside her. There was no way that she could've killed all of those people without some kind of super-human ability--Hannah couldn't believe anything else. She, too, was unique in that way. Hannah was able to channel her inner energy, and send powerful shockwaves to her enemies. It was almost time for Hannah to begin her hunt.

"three, two, one. Ready or not, here I come."

Hannah gracefully walked out of her classroom, keeping her footsteps quiet. She was surprised to see that Kara didn't just stay in the classroom and wait for her there. Maybe she wants this to be interesting as well, Hannah thought as she quietly sprinted through the hallway. Night had already fallen upon them, making it a fair game for the two of them. Hannah believed that the odds were in her favor though, for she fought for the justice of those who were killed, and to make sure that the damage she caused could never happen again.

Hannah found her enemy in one of the classrooms. This was the perfect battle ground for her; a confined space that makes echoes when completely abandoned.

"Time's up, witch," Hannah snarled.

In an instant, a yellow orb the size of a large orange formed in Hannah's hand. The ball of energy was glowing yellow, illuminating the entire room. Without any hesitation, Hannah launched a series of yellow orbs at her opponent. There wasn't any more time for mercy. She was going to save Luis, one way or another.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

OOC: I warn you now. This next post is rather dark. If you're a tad squeamish, you may wish to be careful when reading this.
    And yes... you might realise one or two parts of it were inspired from thingies. XD

~

Izzy didn't even bother to dodge as the rifle smashed him hard in the side of the head, causing him to jerk to the side and stagger. He felt his head swim in a sea of colours as blood trickled down the side of his face and the pain threatened to make him black out. The sadistic grin on his face just seemed to grow as the wild look in his eye increased in intensity and he started cackling maniacally.
    This is what he was living for. Pain. It was that which let him know that despite being a soul-less demon now, that he was still alive.

"Oh... but of course that bitch, Heather, would be the first thing on your mind."
    Izzy's arm lashed out, slamming his katana into the rifle and knocking Brad backwards a few metres towards the wall. Izzy charged forwards and stabbed with his katana, purposely missing Brad's face by a hair's breadth and leaving his sword impaled in said wall.
    Izzy's face was now bare inches from Brad's. "Don't worry... I left her alive. Well... if you can call the state she is in as being alive." he smirked, enjoying the expression on his enemy's face as he suddenly head-butted him hard, fore-head to fore-head.

Izzy took a few steps away, his back to Brad as he started monologuing. "For years... I've been trying to think of the best ways to make you suffer for what you did. Killing all the villagers. My parents, your parents, Heather's parents... It was no where near enough for me, that was just the prologue." he sighed as if he was truly enjoying the moment. Yes. This Izzy was no longer the same Izzy that Brad had known to be his friend, once upon a time. "I needed a way to torment you. To torture you... and then it occurred to me one day. It just suddenly dawned on me in an epiphany of absolute inspiration. You stole from me the person I cared for most. Therefore I'd do worse to you." he turned around. The sadistic grin now a sadistic look of malice. "I'll beat you half to death now, and drag you back with me to her... then, you'll both watch each other writhe in agony and feel the utmost pain that I can inflict on you both until you both beg for death. Then I'll kill her, in front of your very eyes, and you'll know this was entirely brought about by you." the grin returned as he started cackling again, throwing in a shrug. "It's perfect right?!To think I had never thought of it before! To think there was such a way to torment a single life to it's very limits! Yes... I'll take the closest person to you... and I'll make you watch each other as I torture you both to death. Until you break. Just like me.
    Can't you see it? I'm the true demon that our village never wanted to be unleashed. A human would never think of something as cruel as this!"
    he shouted and cackled in glee. "Oh yes... she's still alive. But she won't be for long. She made the choice herself."
    Izzy revealed. "She begged me you see. She begged for me to allow her to be the one to atone. So I told her, since everyone in the village was behind this... she could atone if... she ripped off her own fingernails and toe nails for every single one of the villagers. For every nail, she would atone one of them." his eyes now looked empty as he told this story. "And you know what? She did it... every single finger nail, every single toe nail, despite the pain she must have felt between those sobs, she just silently got on with it, one nail after the other. But alas... we ran into a dilemma... Excluding Ilya and I... There was a grand total of twenty-one villagers from our small home, and only twenty nails apiece." Izzy shrugged like such a cruel fact was irrelevant. "I told her that meant one life was left forfeit. Yours. ...But of course, she cried and she begged. She begged me to make it her life that was forfeit. So fine, I told her I wouldn't kill you. The way she thanked me was so pathetic... the stupid bitch never even realised that just because I said I wouldn't kill you, that never meant I said I wouldn't break you. And so that is why I'll kill her first in front of you." he then grabbed Brad by the collar and lifted him off his feet before throwing him to the side. "Of course though, once she is dead. Then my deal with her won't need to count. I'll kill you soon after."
    Izzy bought a hand to the side of his head and felt his wound, letting the blood trickle onto his hand before licking it off like it was the most expensive cream, a delicacy. "But first... I know you won't take what I've just told you sitting down. So come at me. Make this a fitting conclusion before we reach the epilogue of your story!"

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Kara hadn't had time to find a good spot, but was caught in another classroom. When Hannah appeared in the doorway, Kara smiled at the all-too familiar look of malice on her face. She had seen that look plenty of times on another face, and it brought back many memories... She let out a little shriek as the first fiery orb came flying at her, and then began to laugh hysterically as she tried to dodge the others. As she dodged, she thought back to the last few years, after the killing had stopped. She had tried to forget the past, she had tried to live a normal life, she had gone to a school a lot like the one she was trapped in now, she had even found true love. Why was it her past always came back to haunt her? It hadn't always been easy for her parents, having a psycho for a child, but they had thought everything was better now. No one had been killed in years. That is, until Luis came onto the scene. "Poor Luis," she said in a singsong voice. "He was just another victim, in the wrong place at the wrong time." She dodged another orb and then saw her chance. grabbing a book from a nearby shelf, she threw it at Hannah and then rushed at her, hoping to tackle her when she was distracted with the book.

9. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

OOC: Thankfully my years of reading Stephen King prepared me. A little >.>
    Also, curse my inability to keep things brief ;.;

IC:

A mix of emotions quickly ran through him as he listened to Izzy's monologue. Anger, fear, disgust were at the top of his mind for a excruciatingly long time, but soon a sliver of hope made it's way in, which then turned into relief. His tormentor's long speech also gave him some time to let his head stop spinning so much, and a plan started to form. A desperate plan, sure, and it was a long shot, but at least it was a plan.

Okay Bradley, time for the show of your life.

He'd let his body slump down to the floor again midway through Izzy's rant, and he got up slowly, with an exaggerated stagger, and made his way back to the rifle.

"You know what I hated most about these years? It wasn't the fact that one of my best friends had been killed, and I didn't have a chance to mourn her. It wasn't the fact that I had to run away from everything, that I was persecuted by people that had once loved me. It was the fact that you out of all people thought that I was capable of something like that!"

His voice started out low, almost mournful, but as he went on, the volume started to rise to the point that he was yelling the last few words. Brad then lifted his rifle again, and charged at Izzy with a hoarse scream. His backhanded swoop missed the supposed target by a mile, in stead hitting the main support beam of the house, causing a slight crack to appear in it. He himself staggered into a stand that inhabited most of his alcoholic possessions, sending a bottle of whiskey to crash down onto the floor, spilling a wide puddle of the amber liquid around the crash site. He turned a hurt gaze towards Izzy again, knowing how little it probably affected things.

"She was like a sister to me! I would've rather had died than let anything harm her," he yelled again, punctuating his words with thrown vodka bottle that again missed, in stead crashing at the opposite wall, before continuing, "If it weren't for Heather, I probably would have killed myself because of what happened to Ilya."

He picked up a bottle of rum, and broke it above his head on the beam, letting the liquid dribble down the wall.

I suppose there were some advantages to buying a house built for midgets after all, he thought bitterly, as he kicked down the stand, letting the rest of his bottles break their way halfway down the room. He quickly examined the broken bottle in his hand, and he forced his voice to calm down a little.

"You're right, seeing Heather die would surely break me. There's just a few things your plan seems to ignore," he said, before charging again with the bottle held as a dagger, only to miss again. This time he was back at his dresser, and he let his body hit it with enough force to knock it down to block the only entrance to the room. He lay on the floor for a few seconds, as that last blow had done nothing kind to his ribs, before continuing, "Firstly, Heather may have the attention span of a rabbit, but she isn't stupid. She knows that there's no way you'd spare me, her life sacrificed or not. Besides, she's been a fighter from infant hood, and as painful as ripping nails off may be, it wouldn't break her."

A small smirk appeared on Brad's lips, before he went on, "She played you like a fiddle. By the time we're done here she's gotten hell outta Dodge. She'll make it to Greg's in no time, and when those two are done planning, the armies of heaven and hell combined won't be able to keep you from being ripped apart further."

He slowly got to his feet again, this time with his hands empty apart from the lighter he'd dug out of his pocket.

"Unfortunately, she seems to be assuming the same thing that you are," he flicked the lighter on, "that the two of us are both leaving this room alive."

With that, he tossed the lighter into the biggest puddle of alcohol. The room ignited in a few short seconds, the flames quickly climbing the walls and licking the ceiling.

10. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

How dare he.

Izzy looked on as Brad gave his oscar winning performance.

HOW DARE HE.

"One of your best friends... Like a sister..." he repeated. Suddenly black flames shot from his body in a rage, further alighting the cabin as Izzy clutched his head seemingly in pain. "HOW DARE YOU!" The flames on his body died down as his eyes returned to their normal blue colour and he dropped to his knees.
    "It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you!" he repeated in a desperate fury like it was killing him. "If it wasn't you! What have I been doing this whole time?!" he screeched. "It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you! It was you!" he started again like a broken record, slamming his head into the floor hard. "OTHERWISE. WHAT WAS ALL OF THIS FOR?!"

It was for myself.

...And then silence.
    ..And then a soft chuckle.
    And finally, insane giggling.

"You're playing with me, acting like the victim." he slowly stood, staggering like he could barely contain himself, bouts of laughter erupting between his sentences. "It can't be a lie. It had to be you." he said this like if he didn't, then the truth would destroy him. It was almost like a bit of regret was in his voice, but it was impossible to tell. Part of the roof caved in behind where Izzy stood, but it was like he didn't notice it, this place wouldn't last much longer.

...It had to be.

"...Heather can't escape. Of course I know she isn't stupid, but neither am I. Her legs are broken and she is chained to a cross." his voice seemed surprisingly calm. "There is no way she will get out alone." Izzy gave Brad a serious look.
    He then lurched forwards and shoved Brad hard, sending him through the wall of the already collapsing hut. From the sudden impact, another part of the flaming roof fell down, separating the two.

Izzy looked at Brad, who was now outside and safe. "Go." he told him with a quiet tone while turning around. "She's hidden in the underground ceremonial torture chamber at our old village. You can find it hidden beneath the alter and access it from there."
    Suddenly the black flames surrounded Izzy again with a new found intensity. "Go now! Before I change my mind and lose any of the reason I have left." he told him, taking a final serious glance back.
    Despite being surrounded by the black flames, this time, his eyes remained their natural blue.

...Then the black flames consumed him completely, engulfing the house and leaving the rest of it's remains to collapse on top of him. The fight had reached it's conclusion. All Brad had left for him now was to go and find Heather.

11. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Hannah tried to fling the book out of her way, but that ended up to be useless. Kara had forced herself on top of her. Hannah was thankful that her arm was in between both of their waists. Desperate, she summoned another energy orb from her hand and forced it into the girl's stomach. Hannah would also feel some of the impact on herself, but she had to find a way of escaping. She knew that the force wouldn't kill either of them, but it would at least weaken her opponent. The blast threw both of the girls backwards, Hannah hitting the chalkboard.

Hannah's shirt was slightly torn and blood was starting to leak from small cuts all across her body. Hannah couldn't stand the smell of blood. The stench only drove her to become angrier and rely more on instinct than planning. She knew not to fall for any of Kara's tricks and to be on guard.

"Tell me, why did you do it," Hannah yelled as she ran to take down Kara.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

The energy had hit Kara hard, and she fell away from Hannah, tripping over desks and hitting her head on the bookcase. She felt some blood drip down her face and a pain in her arm made her fairly sure she had broken it. "Tell me, why did you do it," Hannah yelled, running at her. In that second, an entire lifetime of secrecy and lies flashed through Kara's tired mind. She hadn't done it, that was the problem. She never had. Her parents had raised a psycho, that was true, but it hadn't been her. No one had ever known about the brother. Kara was not an only child. Her brother was three years older than her and had always been strange. Kara never knew what her parents must have gone through for the first three years, they never would talk about it. But it must have terrified them, because as soon as she was born, they had packed up the family and moved to a new town, where nobody knew their secret. The boy, they kept quiet, he lived in the basement. They made him quite comfortable, he had everything a child could want, but he was no ordinary child. He would sneak out at night, even through locked doors, and go places. The family would never know until they saw the story in the paper. And everytime he killed someone, his thirst for blood would grow. Kara had lived her whole life in fear of him, although he never showed any signs of malice towards her and her parents. He genuinely loved them, as much as a monster can love a mortal, and her parents absolutely adored him. They were scared of him, yes, but he was their flesh and blood. So Kara was taught to protect him. From an early age, she knew that he was to be kept safe from any and all who would try to harm him, no matter the cost, so for years, they lived with the knowledge that he was a killer. But then, everything had changed. The boy had stopped killing. Kara had gone to school, she had made friends. She had even found Lance. She was finally living the life she had always wanted to live. And then Luis came along. She had been there that night. The only time she had ever seen Him out of the safety of the house. She followed him, trying to convince him to come home with her, but it was too late. He saw Luis, and became an animal. His eyes turned white, his skin even whiter, as his hair turned into flame and his hands morphed into claws. He attacked Luis, and almost killed him, but Kara couldn't just stand by and watch. She jumped in between her brother and his prey, and when he saw her, he tried to stop, he tried to change back. But he was still an animal, and he swiped at her. He scratched her arm with his claws, and she felt a searing fire spread through her veins. When he saw what he had done, his guilt returned him to his normal state. He tried to help her, he cleaned her wound and wrapped it up, but she had seen his true state, and realized she had to destroy him. For the sake of every person he had killed, for the sake of every life he had taken. And so, as he knelt over her, defenseless, she took a sharp stone in her hand and plunged it into his heart. The look of shock and betrayal on his face had stayed in her memory ever since, and she had been different because of it. She had always loved her brother, and seeing him dead by her own hand caused her mind to snap. Always trained to protect her brother, she left him there with Luis, both covered in her blood, for the police to find. Of course, they looked at the evidence and convicted her, her face was on every poster and every news channel in the world. But at least now there was a survivor. As Kara stood there, leaning on the bookcase for support, Hannah tackled her. Kara felt her breath get knocked out of her and she backed into the window. The glass shattered and fell over the both of them and Kara coughed, choking on blood and her own laughter. "Luis," she said, giggling. "Was just another victim. I had no reason to kill him." You must protect your brother, her mind kept repeating this sentence, it was all she could think. "I just did it because I felt like it. I did it because I could."

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Luis will not die tonight, Hannah thought as she went in to attack Kara. In a spit second, Hannah had Kara pinned against the wall, her right hand wrapped around Kara's throat. It could happen any time she wanted it to. All she would have to do is activate her power, decapitating her opponent. This is it; it's going to happen.

But, she knew that Luis wasn't dead yet. Would it be right for her to kill this person? Of course it is; what about all the other people that were killed. I can't just allow her to escape. Then, Hannah made the biggest mistake of her life: Looking into her victim's eyes. She had seen that very same look not too long ago. It was the same look that Luis gave her when she saw him the hospital for the first time. They were screaming at her! How did I get into this mess! I don't deserve this! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!

Hannah's grip tightened around the girl's throat.She knew that she could do it; there would be no witnesses, and she would be considered a hero by the general public. But that wouldn't guarentee Luis's survival. Could she live with herself, knowing that she killed another person. Hannah's grip was so tight that she was practically choking Kara.

"Why can't I kill you?!" Hannah yelled as tears were falling from her eyes.

All of Hannah's strength felt as if it was all draining away from her body. Her grip loosened and she fell onto her knees. Tears fell from her eyes and onto the dirty floor. She realized how stupid she was to even go looking for Luis's killer, and in the end, not able to kill her when she had the chance. Hannah knew what would come next. Kara would go after Luis after she finished her off. She couldn't let it happen.

"Please," Hannah cried to Kara, "just leave Luis alone. He did nothing wrong. I swear to you, I'll do anything, as long as it meant Luis's survival."

She had to try something.

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

As Kara stood, pinned against the wall, unable to breathe, a sort of euphoria filled her being. It's over, it's really over! Still gasping for breath, she couldn't help but smile. "Why can't I kill you?" Kara opened her eyes as she felt her throat be released. Hannah was crying, unable to finish the task she had started. Kara fell to the ground, gasping and coughing as air filled her lungs. No, no, no! This can't happen! Hannah was kneeling over her, still crying. "Please," She said. "Just leave Luis alone. He did nothing wrong. I swear to you, I'll do anything, as long as it means Luis' survival." Kara looked up at Hannah. She couldn't let Hannah leave, she wanted to die. An idea formed in Kara's mind, and she grinned evilly. "I can promise no such thing," she said shakily. She paused for a moment, coughing up blood. When she got her breath back, she sat up a little, leaning on her elbow. "I left my job unfinished, I can't afford to get sloppy this late in my carreer. I mean, he probably won't make it anyway, but if he does, I WILL find him. I will never rest until he's dead!" Then, unable to contain herself any longer, she burst into insane laughter, loud and obnoxious, and she just couldn't stop, the laughter just wouldn't stop.

15. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Hannah remained on her knees as Kara spoke to her. She knew that Kara was probably right anyway. Before she left the hosptial, Luis appeared to be in critical condition, and probably wouldn't last that much longer. Then, the strangest thing happened. With waterfalls of tears flowing from her eyes, Hannah smiled. Her mind was set; there wasnt' anything else that she could do.

"Hm, I knew that it would be too much of you to ask," She said in a calm voice. It seemed as if all of her anger had melted away. There was no longer any reason for her to fight. The ending of this game was clear to her."Then, I have one last request that I would like to carry out. Please, kill me. Life without Luis would be unbareable, and I wouldn't have it in me to kill myself. So please, kill me, and make it as painless as you can."

For a second, Hannah closed her eyes, and saw the face of Luis. He was smiling at her, just like any other day. She knew that this wouldn't be the end for them. Hannah wasn't sure that there was a Heaven, but she did know that there would be a place for both her and Luis to exist once they died. True love doesn't just leave the Universe; it will always live on in their souls. She was ready to spend the rest of her existance with the man she loved, not having to worry about danger or seperation.

Hannah opened her eyes as she stood-up. Her breathing became much harder, but the smile was still on her face. She was facing her executioner right in the face. Luis was probably already waiting for her arrival anyway. It's my turn, Hannah thought as she opened her arms as wide as she could.

"I'm ready to go now. Thank you." Hannah made sure that her eyes were closed. The next thing that she wanted to see was her beloved's face, congradulating her on how strong she was. In a soft, sweet whisper, Hannah spoke. "Game over."

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Kara finally found a reason to stop laughing. She looked up into the face of her captor, seeing the pain in her face. She had done this. She had caused this to happen, she had driven Hannah to the point where she wished for death. The fact that she herself had wanted to die was completely forgotten, and her natural sympathy for others caused her to come to herself. "Hannah," she said, suddenly unsure what to say. She felt free, like she'd been trapped in a dark place and finally saw the sun again. By looking at Hannah, she saw herself. Hannah would do anything for the one she loved, even if it meant paying the ultimate price, and Kara had felt the same way. She sighed, finally seeing things straight. "I'm sorry for what happened to him, I... I know that you can never forgive me, but I just want you to know that I truly am sorry for what happened." She talked quietly, she felt for the first time the effects of the fight. "I'm not going to kill you. Or Luis either. In fact, no one is ever going to die by my hand again, I promise you." She closed her eyes and thought of her brother, he would never kill again, and neither would she. The world was a little safer now. And Luis... "You probably won't believe this, but I'm happy he's still alive. I know I'm probably going to go to jail for everything, but before I go, I'd be more than happy to donate blood. Hannah," she said. "You two have something special. Don't ever let him go." Kara thought about Lance, she had let him go, after all he had done for her. Oh well, she thought. He was going to marry a psycho's sister, the flesh and blood of a demon. Guess he dodged a bullet there. She smiled a little half-smile as the blood trickled down her face. Maybe he would visit her in prison. This really was Game Over.

17. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

All those years had passed, and here he was again, being told to run.

Brad couldn't believe it. For a few horrible moments he thought his efforts had been for nothing, and the terrifying fate Izzy had laid out for him seemed imminent. To his utmost shock, he found himself laying on a bed of grass and mud, the only fire he could feel on his arm where the rum had dribbled it's way down to soak half of his jacket sleeve. He quickly shrugged the clothing off, beating the fire until it had been extinguished. In a daze he looked at his former hideout, which was currently being inhabited by black flames.

He... he let me live?!

Brad was very compelled to take Izzy's orders, to turn tail and run to Heather. But then the rational and moral part of his mind butted into the primal instinct, and he realized that he couldn't do that. Not yet.

I'm so going to regret this...

He was still arguing with himself when he found a spot in his hut that was so burned down, it had made a new entry way to the building. He dove in, covering his mouth with the unburned hand, and tried to see through the smoke.

There.

He wasn't sure if Izzy was conscious anymore. He didn't know if he was still alive, didn't know if Izzy was still willing to be merciful, but there he still was. Completely aflame. He looked at his injured hand dryly, before using it to grab his nemesis by the shoulder, and half guided, half dragged the man out of the collapsing inferno. With a scream of pain, he dropped Izzy down to the ground, before cradling his hand for what seemed like an eternity.

I shouldn't have done this... But if I hadn't I really would have been the monster Izzy thinks I am.

Gathering his thoughts back together, he felt his way through his pockets. He almost couldn't believe when he found a napkin that was only slightly charred, and a pencil. As his dominant arm was useless at this point, he wrote his message slowly and with handwriting he was sure his first-grade teacher would have been mortified to witness.

Izzy, the real killer is still out there. Go to the most western part of the country, and you'll find out where they are.

He paused for a second, contemplated, and went on to add,

For what it's worth, I'm sorry. About everything. I never wanted it to come down to this.

Your friend,
    Brad

He left the note by Izzy, turned west, and ran.

18. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

After Brad had finally ran off... a few moments passed.
    And then some more... and finally. Izzy's eyes opened. He slowly turned his head to the side to find the note. He read it over once as he pushed himself to his knees...

Thump Thump...
    His heart throbbed...
    Thump Thump Thump...
    His head throbbed...

He crunched the note up in his hand, and let his head roll back so it was looking up directly at the sky.
    The collapsed house had done the most damage to him, it had nearly killed him, but it had been a risk that he had been willing to take. Of course, the fire would do nothing when he could let his own flames consume him, so that was why Izzy had been confident with his gamble. He had also known that Brad would try to play the hero and save him.
    The fool.
    Tears of rain started to pour down, mixing with the flaming remains of the house to create a steam haze in the mix of flame and rain and now even thunder and lightning.

His plan had worked... now, Brad was off to the village. Indeed Heather would be waiting for him... but he had certainly been tricked, playing right into Izzy's hands exactly how it had been planned all along. This was far from over.
    Izzy's bloodshot eyes seemed to morph as his now seemingly natural sadistic grin took shape on his face again as a cackling erupted from his mouth. The Demon laughed as the thunder joined him in his cry of glee.
    This meant one thing. His plan had worked.
    It meant... victory.

Victory.

19. Jayn

Quick critiques.

@Tummer; You've improved a lot during this competition. It's amazing to see how you guys all grow and learn, and it's a really good feeling. Your approach was...rather heartbreaking, honestly. With the suicide bit...It was really hard to get through. Very sad, but very well done.

@Marushi; You did awesomely, too. You worked very well with Tummer. The only few things I can suggest is when your character is speaking, it makes it a lot easier to tell if you use another color, or form of distinction. Also this post was...Well, organization OCD speaking but it looked like a big block of text to me. xD Make sure you break up your paragraphs.

@Bushy; You did well, though I feel the monologue was a bit much. It was very dramatic, but not...sickeningly so. Congratulations, bro. You have majorly improved with ellipses. You've also improved with you paragraph spacing, though I do think you could condense it a bit more in some cases. Just keep that in mind for the finale. There's a balance between everything.

@Chesterfield; Amazing, as usual. Your posts weren't actually overwhelmingly long. xD You found a nice balance, as I saw in the last challenge your post was surprisingly short, and in this they were consistently pleasant. Good luck in the finale.

20. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

@Tummer:
    I loved your character's "I am a hunter" attitude. And kidnapping the one you hated was brilliant. But towards the ending you began to slack but you made up for it in the actual finale. I take pride and watching you come this far. Thanks for giving us a bunch of good material to read.

@Marushi:
    You were great in this challenge. Remembering to take the cuffs. Taunting Tummer's character. And you stayed in character throughout. Congratulations on coming thus far. It means you've been doing well and that is the truth. I wish you the best in your Role Playing success.

@Bushy:
    You've won two challenges and was highly praised for your skill. Now you go toe to toe with your number one contender. Chesterfield. This piece you've written was truly fictional scarytown. The place where the boogeyman fears to tread. Great job on being demented(loved it).

@Chesty:
    I did kind of want to see what Heather would do in this situation. I got so wrapped up in you and Bushy's post that by the end of it all I thought it was a book and I was rooting for your character's words to be true. Such twists and turns from him and you. I can't wait to see what you'll do in the end. Well done Chesterfield. Well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.