Role Play Idol [Season Three] Sign Ups!

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Role Play Idol
    { Season Three }

Introduction

Welcome to Role Play Idol! An original role play competition! 'Original' role playing (on KHV) is the acting out of a particular character you create yourself, from scratch. From name and age to bio and personality, you create this character and act them out in a story-like format with other players.

So, do you enjoy role playing, competitions, or just writing in general? What about if you need help sharpening your role play skills, want to get back into it (or start it), or want to meet and interact with new people or role players? This competition may be for you!

We're finally back for a new season. It's been a while, but during this 'hiatus' I've reorganized some things and tweaked a bit to help this run smoother so pay close attention.

Based on the feedback of the last couple of seasons, this season will be highly interactive. The themes will be more like scenarios in which the judges will also be role-playing with you, giving you tasks and missions to complete. At the end of the scenarios (which will be like mini-role plays), you will be critiqued like normal and we'll vote. <: More information and examples to come with the first challenge.

Also, congratulations to our last RP Idol P!

Uh, sure. But what is it?

This will be an OC (original character) competition, meaning that each contestant will have one original character to create and compete with throughout. The competition will last however long it lasts, at this point.

There will be several different challenges and themes, and this will work in an 'American Idol' style. There will be four judges. You can not compete and be a judge at the same time, but no matter who you are, you can apply to be a judge. There will be no more than 12 contestants a season.

At the end of each challenge, the panel of judges will give their critiques to each member on their performance, and there will be a voting period. Contestants and judges will be able to vote for their favorites, with no voting for themselves of course. The winner will be crowned KHV's Role Play Idol and you also receive a pin!

Okay, so I can just sign up and do whatever I want then?

...No, lol. Here are some guidelines/rules.

♣ There is no voting for yourself and when you vote, you must put a valid reason for why you're voting for who you're voting for in a post.

♣ Please be original. Your character cannot be from another anime, game, etc, unless the challenge causes for them to be.

♣ Your entry OC must be as simplified as possible. That means no powers or anything weird like that. Why? Because some of the challenges might conflict with that. Don't worry, the competition isn't that straight edge. You'll get to play with some powers.

♣ No god-modding. Yes, this still applies. No power playing.

♣ Do not ignore the other contestants. Interact with everyone fairly.

♣ Activity will be important, but you have three days to post between challenges and voting periods.

♣ Try to stay in character.

♣ A judge cannot be a contestant.

♣ You must have two characters. A girl, and a boy. They can be the same person, just gender flipped with different names if you want, but you'll see why this matters later.

♣ Don't bring drama into this. If you're paired up with someone you dislike during a challenge, and/or you get voted out, don't rage. Just deal with it, or try again next time.

♣ You cannot have your friends vote for you. I think I said it before, but people outside of the competition can vote for the contenders, but must provide a valid reason for doing so--like everyone else. If I find out you've asked your buddy to go vote for you and BS some reason, you will be disqualified. It is unfair and dishonest. Same goes for constantly voting for your friends, and for not voting at all. All contestants and judges are required to vote, FAIRLY.

♣ I reserve the right to add more rules before the competition starts, so check back here often if you decide to sign up!

Alright, whatever. How do I sign up?

Just fill out the sign up form below and wait for the fun to begin. :] This form can be short, by the way. You don't have to work hard at it. Remember, two characters. Male and Female.

There are TWELVE slots open for contestants (if less than that sign up, then we'll rearrange some things). FOUR judge slots open. There's no way you'll be denied, if you apply. I won't 'not' accept you, so give it a shot.

HTML:
    Played By:
    Name:
    Appearance: 
    Bio:

Wait, what does a judge do, then?

If you are a judge, your job is to read the posts, and follow the competition. Before the poll goes up, all of the judges will critique every contestant on their performance, and state who they think is the winner. The judges will have to have private conversations to mutually agree on who is the winner for that challenge (majority vote), and that person is immune from the poll. You guys aren't actually apart of the competition, but you help with the voting process, and eventually, crowning the winner. Your sign up is nonexistent, anyone can be a judge, even if you don't role play. Just be fair and send me a private message. Anyone posting on this thread about wanting to be a judge will be tsk'd and denied. First come, first serve. You can NOW be a judge over and over, if you want.

New Rules and Guidelines;

If you are a judge this time, you CAN judge for the next season. This was originally different, but due to the inactivity of the last judges, I think it would work out better to have those who are really dedicated and wanting to be on the panel able to be on it.

I would prefer the judge have MSN, because that's where most of the discussion will be taking place and it's the easiest. This is actually somewhat of a requirement now. Please have MSN and be active on it. Getting in contact with people through KHV is near impossible when they vanish.

You'll have to write for each person. Twelve in total, and you can't be lazy about it. You must post ON TIME. ON TIMMMME! This is so that all members get equal feedback and equal footing and chance to improve. If I can't get in touch with you for judging, or you don't get online, or you don't post your critiques, or aren't there for the group discussions without adequate reason and discussion with me, etc, etc, you will be dropped and replaced as a judge with a back-up judge and also be placed on probation for future seasons.

(Which pretty much means that if you judged for Season Two, you're on probation for this season, excluding Tummer. |: )

Probation is more of a detention period, in this case. Meaning that you also will not have access to becoming a judge until later Seasons when enough time has passed. The reason for this is because it is entirely unfair to me, the other judges and the contestants for you to be inconsistent, or deem the work is too hard for you and just leave, lol. Please do not sign up for this job unless you can stick with it until the very end. Of course, this all excludes EMERGENCIES. So if something suddenly happens, like someone dies, or your power blacks out for a month or something, or your falling wayyy behind in school or something (and you don't have a history of claiming so and remaining super active everywhere else) then okay no punishment and it's understood. The last competition took two months for reference on how long you'd be committing.

For this season, judges will also be required to be active participants in the challenges. For example, I may give you a role or a character to play or something and I'll expect you to be around. Please PM me for more information.

I will also be a permanent judge from now on because apparently that pressures inspires people to actually judge on time.

Judges

1. [TAKEN.]

2. [TAKEN.]

3. [TAKEN.]

4. [Open.]

5. [Jayn]

Contestants

1. Tale_Wind

2. Dr_Wigglz

3. miaulement

4. Master of Keyblades

5. flowergothic

6. Nights

Sign Ups end no later than April 1st (when the competition starts). Don't hesitate to send in questions, concerns or any errors you might notice.

Happy role playing. :]

If you would like your entering to be anonymous until the competition starts, PM me your application instead.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ooh, I've never done this before! ENTERING~

Played By: . : tale_wind
    Name: Seamus
    Appearance: Seamus has a rather stocky build (although he prefers the term "compact"), with a height of 5'6" and a weight of roughly 170 pounds. He keeps his thick, bright red hair cut short and doesn't bother styling it--he wakes up, and whatever bedhead he may have he sticks with--unless his mother notices, in which case his hair is gelled and combed into submission, to his dismay. His pale skin and hazel eyes, according to his mother, contrast each other nicely (he likes how that sounds, but he still wishes she'd let him alone).
    Bio: Seamus is a bit of a roughhouser--if there's something involving tackling, punching, kicking, throwing, he's in. He likes to release his pent-up energy in such events, although he's partial to boxing. He isn't all brawn and no brains, however; he may not be brilliant, but he does passably in school. He's pretty cheery and likes talking to others, but he's been told he's a better listener. Despite his easygoing attitude, he's prone to moments of insecurity and feelings of inadequacy compared to others. His smile may seem genuine at times, but that just goes to show how good he's gotten at acting.

Played By: . : tale_wind
    Name: Scheherezade
    Appearance: Tall--about 6' even. That's the first thing people notice; she's like a string bean. She has dark skin and eyes. She doesn't have what one would call a pretty face, as she is somewhat homely, but she isn't bad to look at. Just average. As she has a bit of a bad habit, her fingernails and the surrounding skin are chewed up. She keeps her frizzy black hair tamed in a braid she wears over her shoulder.
    Bio: When she was born, Scheherezade's parents named her after the heroine of The Entertainment of One Thousand and One Nights in the hopes that she would rise to greatness as her namesake. Indeed, she has grown to be like her namesake--but not how her parents expected. Scheherezade has always had a quick and crafty mind, her many and various schemes going off seamlessly. However, this can cause her to get prideful and a little haughty--something she's failed to pick up from the original Scheherezade. She tends to keep to herself, though.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Tryin this thing again, as i enjoyed it the first time!
    Played By: Dr_Wigglz
    Name: Johnny Sweerd
    Appearance: Blue, shortly spiked hair. Wears a black shirt, blue jeans and black shoes. Pale skin, 5”5 in height. Orange eyes.
    Bio: His parents killed in a brutal assasination when he was a child, Johnny has always been somewhat dark, though he does his best to maintain a cheerful outlook. Normally, he tries to be cheerful and friendly, but in battle he gets deadly serious, as it reminds him of all the bloodshed going on in the world. He rarely looks for fights, but when he feels he has to, he wields his scythe with deadly skill.

Played By: Dr_Wigglz
    Name: Edrina Brandforth
    Appearance: Messy, shoulder length brown hair. Striking green eyes. Wears a standard gray t-shirt and blue jeans.
    Bio: Edrina is an orphan. Her parents died in a fire when she was the young age of 3. Since then, Edrina has struggled to fit in and as such has moments that she reconsiders just who matters to her, and who doesn’t.

4. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

First time entering! Looks like fun. :)
    I can change anything or tone anything down if needed. ^^

Played by: Miaulement
    Name: Napoleon "Nacho" Godenot
    Appearance: Nacho has very pale skin. His eyes are not visible due to his long, blonde hair covering them. He has a large nose and an expressive mouth. His hair goes down to the middle of his back and is rather wavy. His height is 5'11", including a slouch in his back. Without the slouch he would be 6'0". He usually wears skater-type clothes, almost always wearing some type of hat, usually a beanie.
    Bio: Napoleon was always assumed to be high, purely because of the way he talks. He talks rather slowly, slurring his words often. Even so, he is rather smart, knowing more than just general knowledge. He's quick on his feet when he wants to be, and he can defend himself rather well.

Played by: Miaulement
    Name: Bloom
    Appearance: Short, curly white hair that highlights her light blue eyes. She has slightly pale skin. Bloom has a baby face with an indigo star painted on her right eye. She usually wears circus-type clothing, with poofy pants and a sky blue, loose-fitting shirt, and no shoes. She is about 4'5" in height.
    Bio: Raised by a very rich family, 'Bloom' was always pressured to do everything perfectly. She would be punished harshly if she did not. One day, she decided she had enough, and killed both of her parents. She ran away to a circus and was adopted by them as the acrobatist. As she was training, she saw the same traits in her new circus family as she did her parents: they were perfectionists. She decided to kill them when she became very skilled in acrobatics, and run off on her own. Ever since then she has taken up assassinating people for a group of professional assassins, even going as far as calling herself a professional assassin. She is very skilled in acrobatics and can plan out things very well.

5. Jayn

Thanks, you guys. Updated along with the RP Idol Scoreboard.

Unfortunately, the majority of our usual contestants are actually gone/inactive, lolol. Either way, as long as it's an even number the show will go on, and we have until April, so. c:

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Played By: Master of Keyblades
    Name: Jaden Richards
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: When it comes to school work Jaden usually doesn’t pay much attention, which is why he gets tutored by Amy, though he does spend some of his after school time doing Kickboxing. If he's in good mood you'll find that he's usually calm but, if he's aggravated he may not hesitate to use force.

Played By: Master of Keyblades
    Name: Amy Peterson
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: An overall good student with good grades to back it up, which is why she was chosen to tutor Jaden and help him with his schoolwork. In terms of personality, Amy's is completely different than Jaden's since she's calm and collected almost all of the time and usually does the heavy thinking.

7. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Played By: Flowergothic
    Name: Pamela Winslow
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: A good person alltogether. She has a tight relantionshipm with her family and friends. And now she's trying to warm up to shy Nick, who just moved in across the street.

Played By: Flowergothic
    Name: Nick Meyers
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Recently moving from somewhere called Peterstown, Nick is still trying to cope with his parents' recent divorce. He is shy and creative.

8. Jayn

Updated, thank you all so far! Participation means a lot to me. ;n;

9. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I might join up, if that's okay. After I get home from School and finish up work and various other replies to RPs.

I'll edit this later, maybe.

10. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh, awesome. Interested.
    Editing this post with details by tomorrow night.

11. Jayn

Thank you both.

Four more days.~

12. Jayn

Two more days.

13. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Not sure if we can use other OC's we've made already but these two are my favorite. I'll change them if the rules do not allow it.

Played By: Nights
    Name: Nights
    Appearance: A slender build, short spiky blonde hair, light blue eyes. Wears a white thin jacket, long-sleeve with the sleeves rolled up, black cargo shorts, black&white sneakers, and a pendant around his neck of a yin-yang symbol.
    Bio: A very fun loving character. He's able to become friends with mostly everyone. He has a weak spot for his family and that only makes him stronger, morally. He has a strong sense of justice. He often finds himself perplexed in awkward situations, but he always manages to make it out okay. He doesn't realize it but he has a strange obsession with balance (yin-yang, black/white)

Played by: Nights
    Name: Lunara
    Appearance: Very gentle looking. She has long black silky hair. Dark blue eyes. Wears a black short sleeved jacket, black frilly skirt, and black sneakers. Wears two rings which were gifts from Nights, a black one on the right and a white one on the left.
    Bio: She may look gentle but you don't want to get her mad. She is always by Nights side. She has a bad habit of forgetting names. Whenever she is upset she will take off her rings and put them in her pocket.

14. Jayn

Updated! Thank you so much. :)

Today is the LAST DAY to get your things in. I'm still waiting on Britishism and Kelly, but we'll start tomorrow regardless.

15. Jayn

Thank you guys. Locking this now. I'll be working on the first challenge, traditionally an introduction one. v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.