Role Play Idol [Season Two] Challenge #3

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Short and Sweet: Conflict Edition

Welcome!

Sadly, Marushi and Terra254 (quit) left us last round. It was a really tough call this time around. >:

I would really like to stress again, instead of trying to get around the rules/restrictions, FOLLOW THE RULES. Last challenge limitation was two paragraphs. Two massively long paragraphs is not two paragraphs. They're a bunch of paragraphs formatted to look like two. Technically, a lot of you broke the rules last time around. So the judges and I have decided to be more strict with them and disqualification.

Your judges for Season Two will be the Bushy Brow, Ego Imperium, Amaimon and ~Ryan~.

For any of you concerned with biased or unfair judging, SOME of my rules and regulations for them specifically can be found in the spoiler tag. Any unfair treatment will result in the forced resignation of said judge, no exceptions. They've all agreed to the below.

Being a judge in itself can sound pretty liberating. But it's really not all fun and games. I have quite a few things to let you guys know, but we'll keep it as simple as possible for now. Obviously, this group was made for a reason. To share information and discuss things together between ourselves. You four are the judges. Keep in mind this makes your opinions influence the other members, and also puts you in a position of responsibility.

You are to be f a i r. When you judge others posts, it has nothing to do with who they are, or if you like them, their literacy, if you've seen them before, how often they role play, blah. I mean, when you really judge them, it's unbiased.

You are to be h u m b l e. Being in any kind of position of power might boost your ego more so than it may already be boosted. Just make sure you realize we're all just members here. Respect each other. It is important not to discourage anyone, or make them feel like they're unimportant, unworthy, or anything negative. Please use caution and think before you hit 'submit'.

You are to be be l a w f u l. The next thing I'll cover are some basic guidelines. Rather, areas you'll actually be judging. [...CONT'D ELSEWHERE]

The Challenge

To give you guys another shot at the whole rule following thing, and another feel for short posts (because you guys seem to have struggle with that, lololol, one of the judges (Bushy) suggested another short and sweet challenge. Another judge (~Ryan~) suggested we have a word limit this time around.

So enjoy your first actual interactive challenge and pairings!

Here are your partners: If your name is Blue = Use your Male Character
    Pink = Use your Female Character.

Firekeyblade and P.

Maka and Midnight Star.

Fuzzy Blue Lights, Britishism and Ace.

The scenario:

Arguments. There are usually disagreements in an RP, dramatic emotional collisions, or fighting. Occasionally there's that debate, but it's much more difficult to argue in a role play through your character rather than to actually throw in what you believe, or become entirely unrealistic/Mary Sue in the process.

In this situation, you are all arguing over something with your partner(s). I don't mean punching them in the face or anything. I mean a verbal argument.

If you were in the last season, you should remember the initiator and the receiver.

The initiator is the one who posts first.

The receiver is the one who posts second.

(It's not an order, you just post. If you happen to post first you're the initiator.)

So in this case. The initiator is the one who starts the argument, and the receiver is the one who realiates. In the case of Ace, Fuzzy and Brit, the third person is trying to break up the argument. Remember, please don't beat each other up. (Fuzzy is the third person so if you initiate, start the argument with whoever will post second.)

The setting and specific scenario is up to the initiator.

What you're arguing about.

FKB and P: The initiator is annoyed by the receiver because the receiver is following them around everywhere being the annoying person who won't stop talking/asking questions and such, and the initiator is just fed up. They snap, and it ensues an argument. The reason they're following them, trying to befriend them is up to the receiver. The severity of the annoyance is up to the initiator.

Maka and Midnight: An accident happened. We can say a car accident, or a hostage situation or something. Whatever you want. It affected someone very important to the both of you. The initiator blames the receiver for the accident and vice-versa.

Ace, Brit and Fuzzy: All three of your characters have feelings for the same guy. His age, personality are up to the initiator and how deeply you love him is up to all of you individually. But you're trying to (not necessarily comically) explain how you obviously love him more. Etc, etc. Surprise me. Yes, Fuzzy. You love him too.

Rules or restrictions for this Challenge.

♣ You have five posts each to wrap up the argument, come to a standard RP close.

♣ Your posts cannot be anymore than 170 words. Use a word counter to tell.

♣ You can chose how or if you actually resolve the problem. It does not have to be rainbows and sunshine.

♣ Remember that this is a competition. Try your best to impress me, and the judges. If you're not trying, it will be evident.

♣ Posts count, so be relevant. Please don't spam questions in this thread about this challenge, contact me personally.

♣ You have until NOVEMBER 7TH, 2011 to post. Preferably before then, because we want as much time as possible for the judging process. <: If you do not make that deadline, you are disqualified.

♣ Be creative and have fun! It is a competition, but it's also about being creative, original and letting loose.

♣ Graphics are okay to use if you want them. But I'm not making them for anyone in this competition. If you use them, you're not scoring any extra points with the judges. I've made it clear that graphics does not equal superior.

♣ Post your posts in this thread, below my post.

♣ No powers or weapons.

♣ Once you submit, that's your post. You can edit spelling errors and such, but please don't add more on. Only because it would be unfair to post, compare to everyone else's post and edit more in based off of what other people post.

♣ If you edit your post, leave a reason why.

Members who have yet to post...

P - Faust [m] + KHV-tan [f]

Britishism - Tobias [m] + Jen [f]

Midnight Star - Iona [f] + Ryan [m]

Ace the Sticky Man - Chyeze [m] + Ruby [f]

Maka - Nikki [f] + Corey [m]

Firekeyblade - Angel [f] + Andrew [m]

FuzzyBlueLights - Jake [m] + Lizzy [f]

Happy role playing. :]

2. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    It's a bright Sunday morning that's mildly chilly, but the sunshine is warm enough that the cold isn't too bad. It's days like this that make Andrew just want to hug the world in a great bundle of love. However, there is a slight issue with this almost perfect day. Andrew had gotten up in the morning, made breakfast and did all his other morning routines before heading out to a local internet cafe with free wireless. He had wireless internet in his own apartment, but for some reason it wasn't nearly as good or reliable. Andrew needed good internet to take care of some work that needed to be done. But just as he was about to arrive at his destination, he spotted an abnormality that he'd never seen before. His curiosity got the better of him...and that's where all his problems started.

3. P Banned

[​IMG]
    Three hours. It had been a whole three hours since Faust had left her on the roof of the internet café and promised to return within fifteen minutes. KHV-tan had already tried to befriend the birds – to no avail – and was now examining an odd metal box filled with wires. She gave an experimental tug, and fell back in shock when a wire came loose, spitting sparks.

"Waaah!" she cried, landing on her rear. She got up and brushed herself off, a tad shaken. She glanced over the edge of the building to look for Faust, when she saw him: a young man staring up at her, bewildered. Conveniently, there was an electric cable of some kind extending out from the building, leading directly over him. Seizing the moment, she grabbed a stick from the gutter, took a running leap and hooked the stick over the cable, holding onto either end.

"Look out! Here I coooome!" she hollered , as she slid along the cable and went flying feet-first towards him.

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The incessant sound of the clock just added to Iona’s worry as she sat in the hospital waiting room. Her hand fiddled with anything it could find in an attempt to distract her mind from worst-case scenarios. Time was going so slowly as she waited for news of Ryan, still in shock about what had happened. She looked around the room in search of anything when she became aware of him. The very guy who had caused this entire mess was sitting all smugly opposite her.

“This is all your fault,” she blurted, her hand instinctively going up to cover her mouth. She’d tried to keep quiet but anger had just built up inside until she had to say something, “This is all your fault” She repeated, “If you’d have kept your eyes open, we wouldn’t be in this mess and Ryan would be just fine.”

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Corey sat there, staring down at the floor as the smell of hospital fumes wafted through the air. His thoughts were interrupted by a female voice and he looked up, seeing the one who was in the wreck as well. It was a freak accident; somehow Corey managed to walk away with just a scratch from his wrecked motorcycle, but Nikki… And she was blaming him? But her friend was in the same circumstance as Nikki.

He didn’t care though.

Corey felt his jaw tighten as his brilliant eyes met the hazel ones of this girl he never met before. He stood up suddenly and clenched his fist tightly.

My fault?” he started, his voice clearly shaking with hidden rage. “Listen lady, your friend’s eyes were closed. My eyes were wide open, do you hear me? Wide. Open.” He pointed to the door to the ER, his arm stiff. “My friend is dying in there because of you and your stupid friend!

6. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

"W-wait a minute! I-gah! Waaaaaah!" shouted Andrew as he waved his hands over his head when KHV-tan landed on his face. Eventually the yelling and screaming subsided when he calmed down some. "Huh.....you.....you're so....tiny. How is this possible?" He asked as he tried looking up with his eyes to the anomaly atop his head to no avail. Andrew was about to tip his head back to get a better look, but suddenly stopped himself as that would most likely also tip KHV-tan over. Tired of trying to get a better look at something that he couldn't if it was on his head, he lifted his right hand palm up to the side of his head wanting KHV-tan to come down from there. "So...uh...what exactly are you? I've never seen anything like you before...uh, do you have a name?" he asked her. His work can wait a little longer. This strange phenomenon must be investigated.

7. P Banned

[​IMG]
    KHV-tan tentatively made to step over to the proffered hand when she discovered that doll shoes did not provide good friction with hair. She slipped off his scalp, flailing around for balance. She eventually managed to clamber up by gripping his hair and using his eye socket as a foothold.

At last she was sitting on the palm of his hand. She'd replied, "I'm KHV-tan! Pleased to meet you!" when a sudden memory struck her. She recalled Faust sternly warning her, "Never ever talk to a stranger. Men are strange creatures; they desire to touch and have sex with you."

Now, KHV-tan wasn't entirely sure what sex was, but from what she'd heard, it involved the woman becoming very fat, and even blowing up. She also knew that right now, the strange man was asking strange questions and strangely touching her with his strange hand. So she did what she'd been taught. She opened her mouth and screamed,

"GO AWAY YOU PEDDLER FILE! I DON'T WANT TO SEX WITH YOU!"

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Iona’s eyes widened, that was low, insulting Ryan while he was dying. She stood up too, Corey was still physically bigger than her but she didn’t care. “Excuse me? My friend’s dying there too!” She glared at him fiercely, “No, if you hadn’t been busy trying to impress her and instead paid attention to the road…” She took a deep breath to calm herself, she felt guilty about saying that straight after but didn’t show it.

She looked away at the door, her eyes clouding up with tears. She didn’t want to let her emotions get the better of her but she didn’t know how to cope, it wasn’t fair. “Why?” She muttered, barely audible before wiping her eyes and staring back at Corey, “You’re the blind one if you think he had his eyes closed. Ryan may be cocky, arrogant and annoying as hell sometimes but he’s a good driver, he would never not pay attention and put others lives at risk.”

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

Well, Ryan just put my friend Nikki at risk,” Corey growled, staring down at the shorter female. “And I wasn’t trying to impress her. If you want to hear me and stop being deaf, you guys were in our blind spot. You were the ones who swerved into our lane first. I veered trying to get out of the way so you wouldn’t plow over us. What the hell were you guys trying to pull anyways?!

Then Corey saw her eyes, how sad they were. His own eyes soften for just a brief moment, realizing this wasn’t going anywhere. Her head was stuck in the clouds, his was on the ground. He sighed out. “Whatever, you’re not going to listen to me. You just see me as an arrogant kid.” He turned away from her, walking over to the window and peered outside. The rain was still pattering against the glass ominously.

10. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

"Owowowowowow," muttered Andrew when KHV-tan had slipped. He sighed out of relief when she finally managed to get onto his hand, now lowered so he could get a better look at her. She was indeed very small, and actually kind of cute as if she were a doll except living. However, she surprised Andrew with her sudden outburst as he recoiled from it. "Excuse me? I think you've got the wrong idea, but I mean you no harm. Seriously. My name's Andrew and I'm going to be a graduate student at the local medical school. I just have to do some finalizing paperwork, when I saw you," he replied quickly. "So....uh....yeah. Nice to meet you KHV-tan...what strange name you have too..." he murmured fascinated by the small figure in his hand.

11. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

There he was. The tall, dark, and handsome monster of a man. Ruby knew his name but every time she heard it she melted. She watched him at his job, a sidewalk sweeper for Macy's. The one thing that she knew about him was the devilish tricks he played on other people. Some were small but others, like the girl whose head was covered in chewed bubblegum, was ingenious. "Wait," she thought, "Is he actually not going to trick this little brat he's talking too?" She watched in horror as he left that girl alone and went inside.

The rage was starting to bubble inside Ruby. Her brow furrowed into a glare that she cast upon this girl. She left the bench across the street and made a beeline towards the girl sitting outside the store. She glared down at her until she looked up. She reached down, grabbed her shirt, and lifted her up off her feet, forcing her stare into her eyes. "HOW Dare You!" she yelled.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Her mouth opened to reply to him angrily as he turned away. She stopped herself and looked around. Everyone in the waiting room was staring at them. Her eyes lowered, maybe she’d been wrong. She was just so worked up about it she needed somewhere to take her anger out. She made her way to the window, the rain doing nothing to help her.

“No.” She spoke calmer now though her body was shaking, “I don’t. We were just trying to get out of the way like you. I’m tired and stressed. I shouldn’t have blamed you.” A single tear rolled down her cheek, “I-I just hope they’re going to be okay. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost him.” Another tear fell. She banged her fist against the glass, “It’s not fair.”

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

Corey wanted to be alone for a moment, but it wouldn’t be so. As soon as he heard her voice, he held back a groan, shut his eyes, and then sighed out silently and slowly. ‘One… two… three…' He listened to the girl but stayed silent, waiting for himself to feel at least a bit calmer before he responded to her.

Slam.

Corey opened his eyes, startled by Iona banging the window with her fist. His eyes fell on her tears, and again he couldn’t help but to feel sorry for her too. She was going through the same emotions Corey was going through at the moment.

It isn’t fair,” Corey murmured softly in agreement, watching as the raindrops streaked down the windowpane. “I’m sorry…

The door to the ER opened and in stepped a nurse with a clipboard. Corey looked up in anticipation, but the nurse only shook her head, looking over at Iona instead. Nikki wasn’t ready yet, was the silent response to him.

14. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Jen looked up. Who was this strange woman? She gave a feeble smile. "What did I... uh, do?" She asked, attempting to remain polite. This was incredibly weird. The woman looked down on her, her eyes remarkably enraged. Jen peered into the building after the man she'd just talked to. Did it have something to do with him? "Do you know that guy?" She asked. Jen knew he wasn't exactly the most popular man in town, but he was just so perfect, so kind to her. Ah...

She stared back upon the woman. She thought perhaps she recognized her. Wasn't she... Ruby, that was it. She heard just as many stories about Ruby as she'd heard about the man. Didn't she send some poor sap on a plane trip before? Jen didn't want to risk anything. "Sorry if I offended you, but, uh... how?"

15. P Banned

[​IMG]
    Stone-cold fear seized KHV-tan like a snake. This was the sort of man Faust had warned her about: a wrapper peddler file, only interested in her body. To make matters worse, this one was a mad scientist! Even now he stared down at her hungrily, wanting to unwrap her and eat her whole! She was so caught up in her terror that she didn't notice the red-hot wire she was still holding in her hand. Then, all of a sudden, she did.

"Gedditoffgedditoff pleeeeaaase get it off!!!" she begged, spinning around and around in Andrew's hand, trying to release the wire from her chubby fist, gripping tighter with fear, in turn burning her hand more, causing her to become more and more frantic in a self-feedback mobius-reacharound of Hussie-riffic proportions.

Dizzy and distraught, she collapsed in his hand, still clutching the wire from the rooftop box. She looked up at him with eyes the size of dinner plates, overflowing with tears, and asked meekly,

"Please Mr. Peddler File, please help..."

16. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

"Wha....I just said I wasn't- oh hold still....hey I said hold still! Oh come on..." groaned Andrew as he tried to pluck the wire from the poor girl's hand. When she finally did stay still, he carefully clenched the wire with his index finger and thumb and quickly threw it away wincing in pain as a small singing sound was heard. "Ow....are you all right? Let me see your hand? We might need to go get some water for that burn...sure hope it's only first degree and not second degree. That'd be unfortunate..." he said comfortingly. Luckily there was a nearby street vendor selling hotdogs. And most times those sort of places sell drinks and such too. Andrew went up to the vendor careful to hide KHV-tan and asked for a bottle of water.

17. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

"How? How?" Ruby roared at the girl, not caring for all the people staring at them, "I'll tell you how! You talk to my man! You hex him into not doing anything to you! You even make him smile!""I should chuck you through this window!" she threatened as she raised the girl above her head. Ruby was in a fury now. Her breath was coming and going deeply. Her devious thoughts returned to her now calming head and she let out a grin. "But," she said dropping the girl onto the sidewalk, "that would only make me look bad."

Ruby turned around and glared at the little crowd that had formed. They immediately scrambled away, onto their meaningless charade of existence.
    "Come with me and forget that man, or I'll be forced to make you visit an acquaintance of mine on the other side of the world." Ruby turned around and watched the girl. Anyone looking would swear they were watching a madwoman. "That man is MINE!"

18. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

"How is he your man? Plus, I'm thirteen!" Jen suppressed her terror, righteously expressing her dislike for the woman. Sure, the man was great. Sure, if she were older... Never mind. Ruby towered over her, glaring down at the small child. Jen grimaced and bit her lip. "Are you even dating him? Have you ever even talked to him? Do you even know him?" She yelled. The huddled crowd gasped with both delight and fear seeing Ruby's harpy hand clench to a tight fist.

"No way! I'm not forgetting him until you promise to stop chasing after him! Besides, maybe I'm just a better person." Again, Jen could hardly believe her own words. She just couldn't stand this woman, and she wasn't backing down until she did.

19. P Banned

[​IMG]
    Scared, hungry and mildly burnt, KHV-tan didn't have the strength to resist. She obediently took the opened bottle of water from Andrew with both arms. She leaned it over, trying to pour a bit onto her hand. unbalanced, it fell on its side. KHV-tan threw her entire body onto it, gripping it tightly. Her efforts were rewarded; it didn't drop, but a cascade of water shot out from the bottle under her weight, directly into the satchel hanging from Andrew's shoulder.

KHV-tan smiled with relief. With the majority of the water gone, she was easily able to turn the bottle around and dip her burnt hand into the cool fluid.

"Aaah..." she sighed contentedly.

She was so pre-occupied, she didn't notice the large number of disgruntled patrons leaving the café. She also didn't notice the café owner step outside, inspect the roof, curse, and put up a sign saying, 'Closed; Internet down'. She definitely didn't make the connection between the wire Andrew had tossed away and the sudden internet outage.

20. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

"Wait..I..." said Andrew dumbfounded and in shock what with all the water on him and the sign on the cafe. As he looked down at his bag soaked with water, his eyes snapped and his mind turned a 180. "You....you...DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?" shouted Andrew at KHV-tan as he seethed with anger. "THIS. IS no WAS A $3,000 LAPTOP! IT TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO SAVE UP THAT MONEY! AND NOW. BECAUSE OF YOU IT'S NOW-" paused Andrew in grief, "ruined...It's...ruined.....and the internet's down in the cafe....this will cost me so much more than just grad school. Where am I going to get the money?" mumbled Andrew in despair. Throughout this whole tirade, Andrew had dropped KHV-tan, his mind preoccupied with the shock of a loss of $3,000. When he had finally managed to calm down relying on the thought that scholarships would help and that he could make it through this dilemma, was when he finally sneaked a look at KHV-tan after his outburst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.