[ROMHACK] 04/24/2016 | KH2FM: Driving Lion Sora [38%] | ARD Editing

Discussion in 'Video Showcase' started by 1Timestones38n, Oct 16, 2015.

1. 1Timestones38n Traverse Town Homebody

Full Playlist of DLS:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOLc_xsjgppxj7ddKc149LnVKz73wKrtr

--UPDATE 04/24/2016--

So it's been a month since I last updated here. But well, wanted to say that I've had a lot of of work done on ard files with the world. Primarily editing the enemy spawn points.
    This list will show what enemies you will be seeing in the Pride Lands now:
    --New Enemies:
    Wight Knights
    Emerald Blues
    Necromancer (CoR Shaman)
    Aerial Champion (CoR Aerial Knocker)
    Crimzon Jazzes
    --Traditional Enemies:
    Neoshadows
    Living Bones
    Soldiers
    Silver Rocks
    --Enemies that are no longer there:
    Shadows
    Shamans
    Aerial Knockers
    Bolt Towers

Please reply with what enemies you would like to see in the world. The enemies do need to work in the world I will admit.
    Most nobodies sadly are very buggy.
    Sorcerers
    Dragoons
    Assassins
    Dancers
    all cause pretty excessive issues, ranging from T-STancing the Player, themselves, or even crashing the game.

I am also limited to how many enemies can be in one room. The game loads all their information before hand. If this information is too much, T-Stances and crashes will occur.

There are times where it seems like LSora is just like spitting out effects at times, and that needs some addressing, maybe lowering effects to help it not spit out effects.
    Each room is limited to 5-7 types of enemies at once.
    14 Crimzon Jazzes in ram-cache is less than 1 Crimzon and a Shadow.
    There is only one cached model, AI, mset, etc with 14 Crimzon Jazzes. Whereas 1 crimzon and 1 shadow is 2 of each.

And this mod no longer uses pointers from Timeless River. Unused models and such were used instead, meaning most accessible unused models are now inaccessible, but some HEX editing would allow them to be accessed again.
    Extra weapons and such are also no longer usable.

This is about all I have to say for now.

--UPDATE 03/24/2016--

So I've been hard at work to get back to where I was with Drive Lion Sora. And for the most part, I am back to where I was before I lost my files. I do not have any texture or sprite mods applied. But this will be fixed in time.
    I've been putting most attention to mset and ecasters for him. And I've basically gotten that to a pretty stable point. Minus Valor, Limit, and Anti.

But Wisdom, Master, and Final Form are the closest to being done.
    Wisdom Form needs a slight tweak with one animation, and slight combo pointer tweaks.
    Master Form needs some ECASTER work, as does Final Form. But as a whole they are 100% stable with no crashes or hangs.

That's about all I can say for now.
    --END UPDATE--

--IMPORTANT UPDATE--

Recently, my computer crashed on me, and forced me to reinstall my OS. Despite having these files backed up on a separate HDD, I lost all my files regarding this alteration to KH2FM. So Drive Lion Sora is back at ground-zero, sadly. But I hope to get it going again as soon as I can, and log a lot more of my changes too.
    --END UPDATE--

This mod is a work in progress. It will be updated as I showcase updates. There are no available downloads for this mod since it still early in development. There are various things I likely will need help. I will announce these as they come up. This is what I have so far:
    OVERALL PROGRESSION: 38%

--Progression:
    Animation Mods:
    Normal = 97%
    * There are a few things that need fixing
    Valor = 00%
    * Not even began yet
    Wisdom = 99%
    * There are a few things that need fixing
    Limit = 00%
    * Not even began really
    Master = 95%
    * ECASTERS need work
    Final = 95%
    * Essential done minus gravity loops.
    Anti = 00%
    * Not even started

--TEXTURES:
    Normal = Default
    Valor = 00%
    Wisdom = 00%
    Limit = 00%
    Master = 00%
    Final = 00%
    Anti = 00%
    Halloween = Not Started
    Christmas = Not Started
    Tron = Not Started

--PAX:
    Normal = 99%
    Valor = 40%
    Wisdom = 95%
    Limit = 25%
    Master = 80%
    Final = 75%
    Anti = 00%

--Sprite/HUD/UI:
    Normal = Done
    Valor = 00%
    Wisdom = 00%
    Limit = 00% (possible redo)
    Master = 00%
    Final = 00%
    Anti = 00%
    Halloween = 00%
    Christmas = 00%
    Tron = 00%

--ARD Edits | Map Mods
    lk00.ard | Pride Rock (Present) | [NOTS] | Done by 13th Vessel (may edit)
    lk01.ard | Stone Hollow
    lk02.ard | The King's Den
    lk03.ard | Wildebeest Valley (Present) | [DONE] |
    lk04.ard | The Savannah | [DONE] | Not started
    lk05.ard | Elephant Graveyard | [DONE] | Started
    lk06.ard | Gorge | [NOTS] | Done
    lk07.ard | The Wastelands
    lk08.ard | Jungle
    lk09.ard | Oasis (Day) | [NOTS] | Done by 13th Vessel
    lk10.ard | Pride Rock (Restored)
    lk11.ard | Oasis (Night)
    lk12.ard | Overlook (Night)
    lk13.ard | The Peak
    lk14.ard | Scar's Darkness
    lk15.ard | (Unknown Name)
    lk16.ard | (Unknown Name)

--Other things:
    This mod is focused on giving Lion Sora the capability to properly use Drive Forms as normal Sora would. I also hope to completely add Lion Sora as an additional form to use. Hopefully even having its own growth ability to be added as well. As to what this is, I have no idea. Would be cool to hike up walls though, or a wall jump. Likely be done by pressing square or something like that when right by a wall.
    This mod also hopes to overhaul the entire world of the Pridelands, since there is virtually no value to the world by default. It was there just to be there. It is by size the biggest world, by area to travel, and MB on disc. Why not give it some purpose? Things to be done by overhauling is added events, minigames, replays, maybe even another visit for a new boss fight of somekind. Likely an LC of Scar. Something I myself want to start on working with anyway.
    Some events may even change with the world. I may go about with combining parts of the first and second visit.
    These are ideas, nothing is final. Any help with this will be appreciated.
    My main concern at the time is keyblade position issues. Something that really bugs the hell out of me. And I cannot seem to fix unless I completely change the keyblade mset, which will not go well since this will alter the originals for normal Sora too.

--Other Information:
    This mod alters files, adds files, and repoints various things. So some codes or patches may not work with this mod.
    This mods uses a lot of Timeless River's slots in 00objentry.bin due to repointing these slots to the Pridelands.
    Additional UCM pointers were added to accommodate the ability to drive in the Pridelands.

---REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS MOD TO WORK WHEN IT IS COMPLETED---
    Note:
    This mod requires Crazycatz00's English Translation with all optional patches that come with it.
    1. English Translation [REQUIRED]
    Uses English text as a basis due to pointers.
    4. Extras (has Sephiroth refightable) [REQUIRED]
    Built upon this update. Must have this! Or a lot of things will not work.
    2. Dual Audio [HIGHLY RECOMMENDED]
    Uses some aspects from this, may work without it, but some text could be messed up.
    3. Dual Video [NOT REQUIRED]
    Doesn't really use anything from this patch, but have not tested without it.

--NOTES:
    If anyone wants to help with this mod, please say so. Show what you have already done before, and tell what you are interested in doing. Certain things I don't need help with though. And I'll say what they are if someone is interested in these things. But that does not mean I will not take the help anyway.
    Please do not ask to help just to get a beta version... very alpha version then pass it as your own. I need to know you are trust worthy, and have a background on modding, part of my reason for saying supply things you have done, try to show things for this game in particular.
    Thank you!

People with some assets at this time:
    Sora6645
    Naxshe
    Nightrizer
    Vanitas Hearts
    CCDooMo
    Naru-Izagni (could be spelled wrong)

DO NOT ASK THE PEOPLE MENTIONED FOR ANY ASSETS TO THIS MOD
    ONLY I CAN GIVE OUT THE ASSETS NO ONE MENTIONED AS ALL ASSETS EITHER
    IT IS STILL IN PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT; SHOWCASINGS DO NOT COUNT AS PUBLIC
    WHEN THIS PATCH IS READY FOR BETA, IT WILL BE BROADCASTED
    ONLY PEOPLE I KNOW WHO SHOW PROOF OF LOOKING FOR BUGS WILL GET IT GETTING IT JUST TO HAVE IT WILL NOT FLY
    THANK YOU

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. 1Timestones38n Traverse Town Homebody

3. 1Timestones38n Traverse Town Homebody

4. 1Timestones38n Traverse Town Homebody