Rosetta Stone.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by myoblivion, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myoblivion King's Apprentice

Anyone else have it :3?
    I just got the Japanese version as a gift for keeping my room clean >.<
    Yeah...Anyway, if anyone wants to learn a language in a fun, enjoyable way- I suggest this.

Its very fun! Also you learn the language and even pick up some of the writing (If you know...You have Japanese, Korean, or Chinese and such). Its a very nice program, much easier then a book or tapes I have to sat.

So, any of you guys have one?

2. len Gummi Ship Junkie

no i wish i had it ^_^

it's sounds cool

3. jafar custom title

I've used it the online Rosetta Stone because I'm too cheap to buy the program.

4. Mirai King's Apprentice

I prefer books and websites.

Though, to each his own. I already know Japanese too well to use anything but a dictionary and kanji flashcards. My grammar is perfect, I just lack in the vocabulary department.

Also, with all books on Jpanese I've seen, none but one teaches informal language (and the one that does is "Japanese Street Slang"). Japanese is more complex than what the books and CD's tell you. It's like they deny that Japanese has informal language (well, they teach the plain form, but that's still way too formal.).

For example, there are 6 ways to say the word "I (watashi, watakushi, atashi, boku, ore, washi)." Each one is used by a different gender (atashi is only used by girls, and boku is usually used by males, and ore is even rarer in females) in different levels of formality (watashi, watakushi, and boku are fine in almost any environment, though ore and washi can be considered rude to adults), and sometimes age (boku is mostly used from 1-30, while washi is sometimes used by senior citizens). Not only that, but same for "you." In fact, the entire language can change depending on the situation.

Therefore, I hate to advertise, but, myoblivion (and anyone else who wants to), I can teach you informal Japanese. Just PM.

But, yeah, I never used Rosetta Stone. ^^

5. myoblivion King's Apprentice

Oh that would be great if you could. Having a teacher would probably help me learn Japanese even more. And also, in the program I had a feeling that Boku was for boys since the sentances that it says with boys including I, usually have boku other then Watashi. But boys use Watashi too, its very confusing but its interesting >.<

6. Hissora ahurhurhur.

I want to get one for Christmas, because I was thinking about doing a foreign exchange student program sometime in high school. It most likely won't happen, but I'd like to learn another language anyway, especial Japanese or dutch.

7. P Banned

Okay, I am confused. I thought the Rosetta stone was the key to Egyptian hyroglyphics.

Anyone care to explain?

8. Number 15 _The_{No}Heart Banned

It's the Rosetta Stone from TV. The language learning program.

9. P Banned

Ahem...

I don't watch much TV. Can you please elaborate?

10. Number 15 _The_{No}Heart Banned

Basically, the Rosetta Stone, as advertised on Television, is a language learning software that can help teach you nearly any of the world's languages.. And, as said in other posts, some can help you write in that language..

11. Haseo Knight of Light

I'd love to get it. I can't find many books that teach Japanese at the library, and I don't feel like buying a book that only explains so much. How much of a language does Rosetta Stone teach?

12. myoblivion King's Apprentice

Ummm.....It teaches about almost every language. Seriously. Every language you can think of ._. If thats what you ment.

13. JorrellVsRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

OMFG I HAVE IT!!!! but you'll need to burn it on a cd first... and its rs so it may tak a couplle of days... but you need to be specific... is it v1 v2 or v3

14. Trigger hewwo uwu

Ive seen it on the TV but never really thought about buying it. Does it work well?

15. myoblivion King's Apprentice

Its been teaching me alot about the language, so yes..I say it does. You can take a demo at the website

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.