Running Edge

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by heartless_angel, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Alex set a plateful of food down on the counter and turned to face the others.
    "Lynne, war are you talking about? What's going on?"
    He latter question was directed towards kaleb who now looked very uncomfortable on the couch.

Kaleb sat there facing everyone awkwardly. He just wanted to disappear into the cushions, but knew that wasn't going to happen. He would have to stop the skepticism before it got out of control.
    "A spy?! Are you serious?! I hate the e.b.o, they're the reason my dad is dead and the reason I have a gun in he first place. He died because of them and when he died I was left with his gun. I have a permit to conceal and carry, like thousands of other people. Once he died I decided I wouldn't go anywhere without his gun because I don't trust those black ops lowlifes. How was I supposed to know the lot of you don't use weapons? You run around fighting the system and overthrowing the government. Every other gang has weapons. You can call yourselves whatever you want, but it's still what you are. as for the smoking, I started when I was seventeen as a way to rebel against my old man. We didn't used to be on the best of terms. Eventually I just became hooked, but I've been working on quiting and I haven't had a cigarette in a day and a half."
    He sighed, either they would by it or they wouldn't. It was mostly true other than the whole hating the e.b.o part.

2. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lynne whipped her head around and glared at Kaleb. "You... Don't you dare undermine what I said! I know the truth!" She tensed, her eyes widening and curled inward. Lifting her head, Lynne felt sweat drip from her face, "Stupid...I'll...never believe what you say... I---- ooooooh..." Lynne rested herself back down and took shallow breaths, staring blankly at the ceiling before she started coughing violently.

Ryku watched Demitri quietly as he hung up his phone and skimmed his fingers over the fridge. There were still about three beers left inside. "Something's troubling you. I haven't seen you touch the fridge like that in a while now.. The last time...you were worried your medicine wouldn't get here on time and you'd be reduced to a pile of coughing sweat and pain just before the exams for EBO. Your condition is serious...you can't push yourself like this anymore. Let me handle the Lazard case and the Runners."

3. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Alex ran over to Lynne's side ignoring the pain in her foot.
    "Lynne! You can't work yourself up like that. Even if it is for good cause."
    She gave kaleb a quick icy glare as she went about helping Lynne. She grabbed a small bucket in case she started vomiting and set it on the end table next to Lynne.
    "I need you to try and breathe. We have to stop the coughing. Deep breathes and tell me where it hurts most."
    Alex put on her stethoscope and quickly started listening to Lynne's lungs and heart.
    "Your body is recovering from an enormous amount of stress, you can't be adding more to it. It will only make recovering take longer. You want to leave my house as soon as possible right? Get as far away from me and my needles as you can?"
    She tried her best to keep this calm persona, but Alex was secretly freaking out. She knew that nobody would forgive her for letting one of them die on her watch. Especially if it were such a vital member of the team as Lynne.

4. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya shook her head, sighing. Please...just stop bickering. The last thing I want is each other tearing at each other. Can't we just relax and get some rest today? There's been too much going on today. I don't want anymore arguments. Especially between 2 allies.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Lynne calmed her breathing and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry Alex...Mya. Perhaps I should be a little more conscious of my body." Though she hated admiting it....she couldn't duke anything out with Kaleb in her current position. She was always getting hurt. Her mind went to Demitri an Ryku. Were they alright? Last she'd seen of Ryku, he was...he had his hands inside her disarming a bomb.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Alex gave Lynne a half smile as she finished checking her out.
    "Would you like more morphine now or would you like to wait awhile? If I give it to you now you'll be out in about fifteen minutes. I don't care whichever you prefer."
    She stood there talking while checking Lynne's blood pressure. Everything seemed to be back to normal.

7. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Mya walked over to a couch and sat down on it. Anyways, get some sleep everyone. We dont know what's going to happen tomorrow. Her mind drifted off to Xane. She haven't seen him for a while now. Is he plotting something?

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

kaleb stood up and wandered over to the bathroom. he shut the door and found a towel to shove in between the crevice of the door and the floor. pulling out his phone he made a quick dial to the contact listed as captain and waited for the other line to pick up. he knew it was dangerous calling xane at a time like this, but he didn't have much of an option. he needed to check in and there was a ton of information to give. he could only speak briefly, but the important thing was for the e.b.o to know what's going on.

9. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

OOC: Can I have a head count to see who's still in?

10. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

*raises hand*
    Yo!

11. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

present! =]

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'm still here.

13. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Man so many peeps left D8

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Sadly, it happens a lot...and most people don't even say anything, they just stop posting...

15. Roxas81334 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm sorry, I haven't been on much anymore (I haven't been on since September since I've been super busy with school up until this point)...
    I'd like to join in again, but I'm clueless about what's going on and I feel bad since I've left for so long...*bows* I'm really sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.