Help Search Forums not working

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Don't know if it's just me, but ever since the server change, I noticed that every time I tried to find a certain phrase that I know was used in a role-play I take part in, Search Forums wasn't working properly, and not returning any results at all.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

What parameters are you using in your search? Let me see if I can replicate it.

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just search for the word "Cassie" throughout the entire forum. The only result from this year was from a post today. However, here's a post from last month that contains the word.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Here is what I get:

Search.PNG

The forum is being a little slow today, so perhaps that's playing a role. I also know Denis (@Blaine) was getting errors with the Enhanced Search add-on, an official add-on by XenForo, so perhaps some cache needs to be rebuilt in the ACP. I'm faily sure it's still enabled; otherwise, we would have to try several times as the default XenForo search system can't handle large forums.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, there are definitely more from this year than the two from today.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

And now that I think about it, I think the Enhanced Search (or Elasticsearch) add-on is disabled for the time being, so that may also explain it. If you look here, you'll see that the Enhanced Search add-on adds a Relevance option under Order By, selected by default, at least on XenForo, which currently isn't showing here.

7. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

The issue should be resolved, please try now and let me know how it goes.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Still having issues. For the example I listed above with the word 'Cassie', now the most recent result is from 2012...

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just posting to say that I'm not having anymore problems with Search now, as the issue seems to have been fully resolved.

10. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

I thought I responded to this I apologize. The fix was changing the ip address of the elastic search to reflect our new server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.