Dream Drop Distance Selecting game difficulty. Rewards for certain difficulties?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Just got my copy of the MoM edition today. I am eager to start a game, but I want to know this first. In past titles, playing on Proud mode guaranteed you trophies and rewards you likely couldn't get any other way. In the most spoiler free fashion possible, can anyone tell me what rewards await me at the end of each difficulty mode? Or if playing in Proud mode is the only way to unlock everything? Thanks.

*When I say rewards, I am referring to the secret ending, trophies, and other such things. ​

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

The only thing I can tell is that the harder the difficulty the less trophies you need to get the secret ending. In Normal you need 7, Proud I think is 3 and Critical 0. I'm not 100% on those numbers but that seems to be the jist of it. Also there are trophies for beating the game on Proud and Critical.

3. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

The only thing I know is that, if you play Standard, with seven trophies, you can unlock the secret ending, and if you play Proud, get the ending with five trophies.

It's five, like I said.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Oh there we go, it's 5.

I should have completed it on Proud, then I would have seen the secret ending.

5. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

The trophy you get for clearing the game counts in the trophy count, so if you were playing Standard, had six and cleared the game, you can watch the ending + secret one.

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I only have 5 after clearing the game.

7. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

All I needed to know. Thanks guys. :) ​

8. wackko300 Traverse Town Homebody

Game mode bounses

I haven't gotten my copy of the game yet, but according to the Player's Guide (remember to answer the 3 questions correctly during the epilogue):

For Beginner mode - Clear the game, get 13 or more trophies and answer 3 questions correctly
    For Standard mode - Clear the game, get 7 or more trophies and answer 3 questions correctly
    For Proud mode - Clear the game, get 5 or more trophies and answer 3 questions correctly
    For Critical mode - Clear the game (Must complete one game mode mode to unlock Critical mode)

And there you go.

9. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

how in hell do i get critical mode?

do i need MoM: edition

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

according to the post above yours you need to complete the game on any difficulty, though I can't verify that. Interestingly though I have the Exp Zero ability in Proud and that is one of the main difficulty drivers in critical.

11. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh cool. The Exp. Zero ability is back?

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It never really left. It showed up in Birth By Sleep which was the only applicable title after it's first being found in KH2:FM. 358/2 Days and RE:Coded both used optional application of levels, which then makes Exp Zero redundant.

13. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Define difficulty driver.

i believe it first appeared in khfm if im not mistaken, i had it equipped in critical mode.

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

A difficulty driver is what makes the game harder or easier. In Kingdom Hearts this is largely restricting damage you deal and increasing damage taken. While this carries over into critical as well, Square also gives you added benefits like extra AP or command slots which balances out to make it only slightly harder than proud. The reason they give you these bonuses though is to give you a fighting chance when you equip Exp Zero the whole time to remain at level 1. Though I just use it so I can explore more without overleveling.

Also neither Exp Zero nor Critical difficulty are found in KH1:FM.

15. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

oh well my mistake

what i meant was proud which seemed critical

nd never heard of it (difficulty driver) but thanks for the explanation