September 11, 2001

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Cody, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas OG

Wrong.

Iraq and Saddam fund and harbor many terrorists that stem from not only Afghanistan but Iraq.

2. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

A minor oversight that was used by Bush as a half-baked excuse to invade Iraq. I mean, who hasn't funded terrorism in some way whether it be conceptual or material?

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

It's been how many years now? 6? And do we have Osama bin Laden?

No. We, The US, started out in Afghanistan tracking him down and then it seemed overnight the focus shifted to Saddam and Iraq. I was like 'Okay, maybe Osama's hiding out in Iraq.'

But the days passed and I just got rather tired of hearing of Saddam did this and Saddam did that. I felt like the US was missing the focus of why they went over to the Middle East in the first place.

I realize that lives were lost but the television networks playing the footage over and over again did not help any. How many times did we hear of the people sitting for days just watching the planes impacting the towers? How many cases of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) have we seen since 9/11?

I realize that Bush is...perhaps not the best president we've had. And I won't say anymore on that matter since my views on him are horribly biased. And bias does nothing in an 'Intelligent Debate.'

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it was obviously terrorists, attacking the towers automatically makes the ppl terrorrists regardless of what race or job they have. also, while there are secrets, i don't believe the government has any reason to lie to the public except to cover up their screwups to prevent it

5. Cody Chaser

Well, they admittited to bringing down the towers...
    And you can't just do a distruction on the spot, you have to plan it...

6. Roxas OG

What, the American government admitted it? Can I see proof, please?

7. The Great Gatz Chaser

Well they did plan it. How do you think they could pull it off if they didn't plan it?

8. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

It could have been Bush since an attack as dramatic as that could conceal any kind of negotiation or something.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Okay. Once again. WHY THE F*** WOULD AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT ATTACK HIS OWN COUNTRY?!
    Negotiations or not, NO TRUE AMERICAN would sacrifice the lives of THOUSANDS. It goes against everything we, as Americans, have been taught.

10. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

I posted a whole conspiracy theory post a while back...It was the one about the twin towers getting hit with a razor beam and that’s why they fell. I do not think that’s what happened, but sorry if I started the whole conspiracy theory over 9/11 -_-‘

11. The Great Gatz Chaser

It's okay don't feel bad. But I guess this thread is necessary to hopefully show people that it was the terrorists who did this and not the government.

12. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yes, i would like this proof as well

13. libregkd -

14. AkuseruVIII Banned

libregkd is right on most of these things. I can see the current president causing this he had so much to gain (too bad it was only him.) To some he looked like some hero and then the stupid false patriotism began and his overzealous supporters and their 'us or them' mentality... Whatever he didn't do it, he ****ed up and let it happen. Also, he's not by far the worst president ever but he ca never be by quite literally any stretch of the imagination a good president or close to a good one either. He's just some fool on a power trip trying to one up on his old man (Persian Gulf). Don't get me wrong he's a bad person that endorses torture and invaded Iraq for no real reason but he didn't do everything wrong (no one could.) I'm off topic but that's what I think.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

16. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

That was hard to follow.

And in any case, there is no "stupid false patriotism". You're either patriotic or not. Had we not gone after the terrorists, the Taliban would still be causing death in Afganistan.
    How could anyone predict such an attack on American soil? It was unprecedented. But now, there's shootings and bombings and crap everyday.
    He was good at first, but now I'm not really sure what he's doing.

And who exactly is President Bush tourturing? May I remind you that Saddam has killed thousands and perhaps millions and dumped them in mass graves? And that the Taliban held a dictatorship over Afganistan for many years, and under Bush's presidency we toppled them?

17. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that too is a VERY good point

18. libregkd -

19. The Great Gatz Chaser

20. libregkd -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.