Short story groups

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Odamadillo, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

While I have noticed the inclusion of workshops I was wondering if it would be possible to create a short story group section.In that section there would be several groups where they take turns to write a story.An example I have in mind is a murder mystery section. Everyone will take turns to write a short story.

Each short story must contain at least four paragraphs. Using this example there must be a detective, a murderer and at least three victims. One victim must die in each of the first three paragraphs and the forth must reveal the murderer and their method plus motives. While it would recommended that all of the story is wrote at once it will not be mandatory. Because the story writer will post up each paragraph one at a time and give all members a chance to pm a guess of the murderer to them. Then once everyone has guessed the next paragraph is to be posted when the writer is able or chooses to. Finally once the fourth paragraph is posted the writer will reveal who was the first to get it right and that person gets to decided who will be the next writer.
    But if more than one person gets it right at the same paragraph then it is up to the writer to choose who is next.
    A rule I thought of is that no one can write twice in a row.
    Other rules are still under construction. While I did consider in the unlikely event no one gets it right then the writer picks the next one to write.

Well that is my idea and an example of it, what do you think?

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Honestly, I don't see a reason to make an entirely new section dedicated to this. While I have always liked the idea of a collaborated story (and know there's a differences between roleplaying and collaborating on a story) this doesn't really seem like a collaborated story idea. This seems like a "choose what you think the fate of the story is" and then once the person finishes the story they hand off the concept of the thread to someone else and the next person tries to write something using that concept.

Regardless whether it's a Collaborated story or Collaborated Concept: It's something that you could do in the Writer's Nook, specifically in the Workshop Area, without adding an entirely new section.

We added
    Workshops & Recreation because there was a high demand for it and people backed up reasons for it to exist. So far it isn't a very active section, so I highly suggest if you like this idea to start it off in the workshop area and see how many people go with it.

(Also personally as a writer, and I know you just used this as an example, I could never guess who a murderer is in just a paragraph each chapter of allowed guessing. And four paragraphs wouldn't feel very satisfying as a full story to guess on.)

3. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I understand what you mean Cstar but the layout isn't set in stone. Instead of four paragraphs it could be four chapters. That would given people more to write andcthe readers more detail to figure things out.

I agree that we need to see how many people are interested in this idea and what groups are wanted. The murder mystery example was the most simple one to explain in my mind. Additionally the stories wrote in the groups do not have to be connected in any way but can be if the writer wishes them to be.
    The basis oh my idea is that any story type can be incorperated into a group. We could have a Pokemon group or a Doctor Who group. The only thing holding us back from it is a story guideline for the group and at least four members. I said four because that way it is unlikely the same two writers will end up writing one after the others.