Birth by Sleep Should Terra have become a Keyblade Master?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ReverofEnola, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Should Terra have become a Keyblade Master?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2012.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

@Misty - A crap-ton of agreement from yours truly.

2. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I think is a political thing... Darkness only becomes a problem when you makes it a problem. If he was trained under any other master he wouldnt have so much bias with Darkness, Mickey now is more open to darkness, Yen Sied as well, the problem is that Eraqus fears the darkness so much that he would be able to do evil things ****SPOILER***** kill Ventus ******SPOILER***** just to prevent darkness from expanding.
    That made his students so concerned about Darkness that made them more prone to be taken by it, not to mention that in his test Master Xehanort cheated and by force awoken the darkness within Terra's Heart, he could jus easly done this to Aqua, he didn't do it because he had no use for her, she was more usefull by prevelling and making Terra jelous.

Riku accepted the Darkness since CHAIN OF MEMORIES, that's why we was so prone to wield at, never losing his heart again even by using Ansem's darkness, he never lost the Keyblade during Kh2 even when he lost his body, so his heart was still true, I think the people that done KH 3D, wasn't the same team that made Reverse/rebirth and KH2, if they were they would knew that Riku had already understood the darkness and made it a weapon for good "The way to the dawn", making him redo his steps to accept darkness was something that made the character weaker plot wise as he already done that.. surely they didn't need it anymore, but Riku's story was so close that they didn't knew what to make his path as, and at the same time they wanted to use him as a playable character, that they just throwed the toweel >(

3. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

She would've most likely just tried using her Keyblade to forcibly extract said Darkness, as she's always been Eraqus's strongest supporter and all (and things like MX, Vanitas, and the ROD can only increase one's dislike of Darkness).

4. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Wait a minute how would she do that?

5. Jin うごかないで

I believe IF he had, I wouldn't have developed such an inferiority complex towards Aqua but he would have been led astray either way by Xehanort because Darkness is there like it or not, The only person who didn't have any darkness was Ven and that was because he had it forcibly extracted out of him. Now IF he had become a keyblade master I believe he would have left the land of departure anyway. The only difference would be if Ven tried leaving as well.

My final Answer would still be yes though. Ability wise and potential at that Terra overshadows Aqua, In my opinion that is. Though I believe Eraqus should have given him more support rather than bluntly telling him to keep the Darkness in his heart at check.

6. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

this kinda reminds of star wars, but terra is anakin

7. Jin うごかないで

Not exactly to be honest. the only thing I can relate betwen the two is that both ended up screwing over their bodies. For the most part Xehanort stays true to his friends where as Anakin sort of turns on everyone. but I can see why you'd make the comparison.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I think the difference between Terra and Riku is, while they both struggled with it, Riku ended up overcoming the darkness and become a better wielder for it.
    Terra on the other hand, completely fell into it and remains so to this day.

9. Jin うごかないで

Well Terra didn't exactly fall into it, like Xehanort said darkness can't be destroyed it can only be channeled. He learned to utilize the darkness but because of Xehanort he literally lost everything and resides as a sentiment he didn't fall to the darkness in his heart he fell to the person who manipulated the darkness in his heart which I guess draws the line between Terra and Riku, both DID lose their own battle against darkness at one point but Riku was more educated in darkness possibly because of the people he was around. Terra of course having experience with a keyblade was probably never educated on Darkness properly by eraqus. but this is just my theory as to why Terra fell.

10. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So why was Terra more gullible than Riku despite being older and having more keyblade experience? Is it because Riku has had more experience than Terra in being controlled, using darkness, and even exploring other worlds?

11. Jin うごかないで

Riku's been controlled by Ansem himself and dealt with Organization members, Riku knows who he can trust. the problem with the bbs protagonists apart from being true keyblade born aprentice's their knowledge and experience is limited to that of departure island. where as Riku's been given choice of power, he's controlled the darkness and been consumed by it.

For the most part, Riku was able to survive through the darkness because he had Ansem guiding him because obviously Ansem felt at the time Riku was a fit vessel for him, But there's also mickey who unlike Terra has an open view to darkness. So it wasn't just Terra's inexperience with upfront confrontation with true essence of darkness like Ansem was but I'd also say it's the fact that the both Aqua and Eraqus made it out to be a flaw and burden to him where as Mickey left Riku to it but gave him reassurance on Riku's inner conflict. Where as the only person Terra did have to turn to for Reassurance on his inner conflict was Xehanort and we obviously saw the end result of that.

The thing was as well, Terra knew nothing of Xehanort and his plans, You can't call him gullible because in the same sense Riku was gullible for believing that Sora had replaced him and Kairi with new friends which was the end result of him being taken over by Ansem. thing is I believe Ansem wasn't strong enough to completely hold back riku like Xehanort did to terra otherwise both might have ended up the same.

12. Arch Mana Knight

Adding onto what Hayato said, it's silly to call Terra gullible. Eraqus let Xehanort come back and push what kind of Mark of Mastery Exam Terra and Aqua would have despite the fact that he went all darkside on his face years ago. The man Terra saw as his father put his trust into Xehanort. Why wouldn't Terra do the same?

Anyways, despite everything that happened to Terra and everything he did, I think he's worthy by now to be called a Keyblade Master by the others. In terms of skill, power, and ability, he is a Keyblade Master. He defeated both Eraqus and Master Xehanort single-handedly and preformed the right of succession(or whatever it's called) to Riku which was something only Keyblade Masters are supposed to be able to do.

To demonstrate the difference here between Terra and someone like Sora, plenty of people have touched Sora's keyblade but have not gained a keyblade as a result. Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade and even without any official business, Kairi became a keyblade wielder. By this logic, if Sora had been a keyblade master, everyone who ever touched his keyblade, or at least Jack Sparrow should have a keyblade. Going off of this, Terra was able to successfully pass on the keyblade to Riku. So he definitely has what it takes to be a Keyblade Master and would have passed that exam if Xehanort had not been around.

It doesn't help Terra's case that Aqua only showed doubt to Terra and pushed him throughout BBS instead of being supportive like Sora had been for Riku. Ven would have been able to get through to Terra but, unfortunately, Xehanort did everything he could to keep anyone from reaching through to Terra. Xehanort's plot got Eraqus to attack Ven, which lead to Terra having a hand in Eraqus's death. That only widened the gap between Terra and Aqua.

To be honest, the only good thing she really did for Terra was keep Xehanort from plunging Terranort into darkness...which didn't work for long.

tl;dr: Blame Aqua for not being a very good friend and Xehanort for getting in the way of Ven and Terra's bromance.

13. Jin うごかないで

Well It didn't work at all, most likely I believe Xehanort planned that she'd rescue him from the start else he wouldn't have taken the risk of falling into the Realm of darkness without a way out, obviously Aqua sacrificing herself is probably exactly what Xehanort wanted because now there was no keyblade master around that could stop his slowly developing plan. because Xehanort had plunged Terra into darkness at least his body that is. Some of his mind was still left within Terranort but the rest of his mind i guess? resides in the armour when Xehanort impaled himself most likely whatever was resisting Xehanorts full control over terra was destroyed along with any hope of Aqua getting out of the realm of darkness by herself. Which shows in a way how inexpirienced she herself is because the key fact here is that; Riku and Mickey found a way out of the Realm of darkness together. of course she's been alone which I give her credit for at least but Mickey and her are probably on the same level of experience so with that said, if Aqua had any right to be called a master in the first place; You think 10 years would have been enough for her to atleast find a way out but I do understand she doesn't have her own keyblade anymore to fight the darkness off but I'm pretty sure terra and ven's keyblades will keep protecting her. So she has no reason to not be trying to find a way out of the Realm of Darkness which agitates me when it comes to the question of who deserved to be master in honesty. But I won't bash on Aqua much more I'm just pointing out her own inexperience with darkness which was what Eraqus did wrong when it came to teaching them, obviously he was a strong believer in the light but was so blinded he didn't tell his students how to deal with darkness he basically left that as a thing to be ignored.

14. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I would say not yet since he still relies on darkness. Hopefully that would change in the future. Compared to Riku who has better control of the darkness, He has very little control (I think.) and that he relies on the darkness more often than Riku.

15. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So Eraqus's judgement on the darkness has nothing to do with Terra becoming a master?

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

To be fair on the Riku Terra comparison the major difference is the cost of failure. With help from DiZ, Riku was able to continue his journey and thus learn and grow more. Yes in the current moment entering BBS Riku is more experienced and such, but Terra's life has been on pause a decade.

Also worth pointing out that there are no hard and fast rules for what makes one qualified as a Master. Pretty much all we've got is that the master you are training under has to deem you to be a master. Under Eraqus, pretty much the sole example in the series of "too much light is bad too," any visible weakness to the dark would disqualify you. But under another master I would say he has much much better odds of making the cut.

Also worth noting here is that Xehanort is a master. So 1) You can be affiliated with the dark and be a master. 2) Since we know nothing more of the mark of mastery than a master declaring a master, the fact that Xehanort gave Terra the title might actually make him one (regardless of the reasons why).

17. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So you do believe that Eraqus was a bit bias in his judgement of Terra? However, I guess Xehanort was a bit bias in his judgement of Terra as well. Although, I don't know if Xehanort's judgement was true or if he was just using him or if it was somewhere in-between.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Oh, Xehanort was definitely using Terra. What better way to get Terra to do what you want and blind him to your plans than to play on his vulnerability and wounded pride by making him a Master? Perhaps by the end of BbS he had actually earned the title, but I don't think he was when Xehanort bestowed it on him. Chances are that Xehanort thought so, too.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

Sort of. Out of him and Aqua I still think Aqua was the right choice, like she desered it more, but I would like to see him be acknowledged as one in future. The fighting he did and his morals at the end, while not particularly "good" he did them with the right attitude, so yeah I think he deserves it and I'd love to see it done. However, when Aqua was chosen originally I do still stand by her being the right choice.

20. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So you don't think that Eraqus's judgement about the darkness has a whole could have contributed to Terra not passing the exam?