SotW Voting Signature of the Week #90- 2012

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 90
    [voting thread; votes due January 26th, 2013]
    I hope you all had a fabulous 2012 so this week's theme is 2012! Do something that signifies 2012 to you or perhaps a film, book, program that came out this year that you enjoyed. I would also like a sentence or so explaining why you did what you did in your signature.
    Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​
    cstar7777
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, my lucky number being 7, I took 7 of the most exposed things I heard about this year. That Awkward Moment, Gangnam Style, Slenderman, The Apocalypse, YOLO, Kony 2012, and the Elections. The text is made to look staticy because of Slenderman in the background
    in case you wonder why the text looks the way it does.
    Cat~
    [​IMG]
    I figured I might as well overexpose y'all to the same cheese I dished out in a certain birthday thread for a certain Nub. Used that render of Sora because of KH3D and the text is meant to represent the overcoming of my personal struggles in the past year. I've made some truly close friends that I hope to never lose touch with, and you've all made me feel more alive than I've ever felt in my sixteen years of "living". For that I thank you, and this is dedicated to everyone who's helped me along the way.
    You are my Kingdom Hearts. You are my light.
    Muff Monkey
    [​IMG]
    The Walking Dead video game was pretty much my entire summer. I watched walkthroughs, I played it on my own, I watched other people play it irl without trying too hard to control the story. It consumed me. :z But it was really lovely to see the many different aspects that people are creating for this series, between the comics, the tv show, and now the game. It's really odd, as well, because I am becoming so attached to the characters, moreso than other games. But I love that.
    Basically, Clem and Lee are fading away, losing hope. But their hug, the bond between the two, signifies that they can't lose it completely - not in a world of chaos. They have to stick together to be able to have any chance of survival.
    Amethyst
    [​IMG]
    Safe to say I thought the Avengers was the best movie I saw in 2012, and so I made a tag dedicated to my favourite character, Thor <3
    Plums
    [​IMG]
    I chose to do Persona 3 because it was the first game I had played in 2012 and was incredible.

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Amethyst ~ By Odin's beard, this is just beautiful. The colors, the text and dat Odinson. <3

Plums ~ Still haven't played P3 (or even finished P4 for that matter) but I like how simple this is. It's not very effect heavy, but it still gets its point across while being pleasing to the eye. Well done.

muff monkey ~ Haven't played The Walking Dead, but I know the basic plot (for the most part) and Clementine's whole story is heartbreaking. This piece takes all of the feelings I have about the two and pushes it up to the surface. There is no hope, but Lee is going to do everything he possibly can to change that for a little girl. It's a father daughter relationship without the father, and it's beautiful.

3. T3F Chaser

Plums: This is really cool. I love the whole design of it-the circles and everything. And the text looks grgeous. Good job!

Cat: really pretty. I like the colours and how you've done the blurring

muff monkey: I love the smudging and the text. It was really well done

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

Muff Monkey: I really love the colouring of this one. I have never watched the show, but I did watch a walkthrough for the game and I feel it really represents the game. It was also how I spent my summer, watching walkthroughs of the game.

Cat~: I love the colouring of this one too and the way the text was edited.

Plums: I may not have played persona, but wow. This signature was very well done. I love how it is set up so it's the main character in the middle and the other characters are circled around.

5. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

plums- that coloring is so PRETTY. i also really like the font and how this isn't really a traditional signature like the others. cute :o

amethyst- i love thor, so much <3 the background looks like it's exploding and then it's like his hair is blowing in it and it looks so nice. the colors also work really well together.

cat- i love your explanation of why you did what you did. it was heartwarming and sweet. the signature really represents the friendships that you made here and it's really nice.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

Cat~: I also really liked your explanation behind your signature. mai kokoro ;~; I think the lighting of the signature was also really good too. The blurring around Sora was a tiny bit too much on the right to me, but it's still very good nonetheless.

cstar777: This is sort of like a map of everything that happened in 2012! xD The gradient overpowers the images you have in the sig, but I thought it was a pretty neat concept.

muff monkey: I haven't played/watched The Walking Dead yet at all, but I thought the signature's really good. Kinda offput by the dark splotch on the bottom left, but the smudging's pretty bangin'. :B

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Sorry for the delay! But it was very close, Plums is this weeks winner. Congratulations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.