SotW Voting Signature of the Week #91- Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 91
    [voting thread; votes due February 28th, 2013]
    NOSTALGIA
    This was a theme done a while back and I loved the idea so I'm bringing it back. Basically, interpret this how you wish but if you could write a sentence explaining why you chose what you did then that would be brilliant.
    If you don't know what Nostalgia is then here's a definition: A sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
    Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​
    Cat~
    [​IMG]
    Basically chose Riku's outfit from The Grid to encompass the nostalgic feel that Tron has in general. Also, KH makes me feel just a bit nostalgic seeing as how it set me on the path that I'm walking today + this is a KH fansite and all. <3
    cstar7777
    [​IMG]
    It's just, everything I watched when I was younger, I was almost crying due to nostalgia when making this.
    Dinny
    [​IMG]
    Pokemon 5eva !!​
    But for real, I grew up with Pokemon and it was literally one of the only things I can look back at my childhood and be happy about and even smile. As lame as this probably sounds, Pokemon is something that makes me who I am like many other things but wow, until this day as I continue
    to grow up with it. Adventures with Dinny and Sischu all the way !
    Mixt
    [​IMG]
    My brother and I used to play
    Breath of Fire 3 a lot, first RPG I remember getting into in fact. And to lay it on thick the scene depicted is among the most nostalgic inside of the story.

2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

1. Cat~
    Gorgeous colours! I am in love with the colours. All the blue-ish hues then being complimented by the yellow/creams but still having the contrast with the pinks! Hooray for colours! A lot is going on though, which gets me lost in the piece rather than having my eyes flow through its composition. It gets a little confusing here and there but overall, this is still heaps loads of lovely and stunning!

2. Mixt
    More lovely colour-combos! I am a sucker for colour hehehe. I actually really like your main stock image, something about it is really smooth and I like its composition. Plus, it's simple but it works. Maybe you could have played a little bit more with textures or the text - but overall, I really like it! c:

3. cstar7777
    I swear I can pick out some memories of my own childhood from the panels of the different cartoons and shows! This is very nostalgic indeed - and kudos to adding all of those images in one signature!

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

1. Dinny
    I love everything about this signature and really smiled when I saw it because I literally grew up with pokemon. The colours are very nice to look at and Pikachu's face is just so adorable ^_^

2. Cat~
    I really like the colours on this one too, and your reasoning for choosing Riku from the grid is a good one because of your nostalgic feelings for Tron in general.

3. Mixt
    Although I personally have never heard of Breath of Fire I really love the colours and the use of text on this one. I love how "power" is the same colour as their outfit ^_^

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Dinny ~ asfsdhfjaksdhfasd Pikachu is my bro too! <3 I absolutely love the colors and that text is so simple and yet so kawaii...

Mixt ~ I've never heard of Breath of Fire either, but the colors work well together and I personally like your inclusion of the sprite in the background.

cstar777 ~ Everything in this sig is from something I used to watch; you've just hit me with the biggest nostalgia bomb ;-;
    the black and white is cool and it really helps convey the sense of time that's passed since a lot of these shows were big

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

This is a rather hard choice, I like them all but they are all different styles. But here we go

1. Dinny ~ It is well balanced with good flow and focus. My biggest issue with that the shadow of Picachu gives a bit of depth to image but it makes Picachu himself look really flat.

2. Cat~ ~ I like the concept but the flow didn't work for me, I start at the pink orb and follow the light up and to the right. Riku himself just seems somewhat isolated if that makes sense. Text was wonderful though

3. cstar7777 ~ I feel like this one fit the theme of nostalgia best, but I feel like there is too much going on for a sig. Perhaps as a full tag where you had room to mess with textures or something as well it might work better.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Sorry for the delay, I've been out all weekend.

The winner was Dinny! It was very close so well done everyone! The next one shall be up soon! : D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.