Audio Silver-Tongue for Hire ~ Sebax's Dramatic Reading Shop

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Sebax, May 18, 2015.

1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I'm finally going through with an idea that's been pitched to me for some time. I'm going to market my story-telling abilities, and become a narrator for hire. As this is a fresh take on this page, it will be straight and to the point for now:

Here is a sample of my work:

There's some legal stuff to go over:

General Rules:
    • It's just for you. You can't sell what you get. You can, of course, share it with others, but please limit that when it comes to books or subject matter that is not in the public domain.
    • No sexually-explicit material. Nope. Nothing. This includes primary and secondary sexual features.
    If you want me to read a fanfiction, I have a few separate rules for this:
    I will talk prices with you. I will likely be most flexible with the price for these, since I shouldn't be making too much money off of it anyway. But I would like to be compensated for my work.

If you want me to read something you wrote that is not fanfiction:
    I may. If you really, very badly, need a audiobook version of an original story you wrote. Also, I'd have to see if it would be worth my time. If you have the license to sell the book and an audiobook accompaniment, this will be the most expensive route. It would be Pay for Hire.

If you want me to read a book in the public domain:
    • Yes, I will likely do it.
    • This is the preferred reading.
    • This will feature the most standard prices.
    If you want me to read a popular story that is not in the public domain:
    • I MAY do it. Case to case basis. This would include stories like, but not limited to: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, etc.
    • I don't want to be too greedy with these. Most of these books HAVE audiobooks existing, and my rendition would be taking away money from that. If you're hiring me for these, you are hiring me to just have me read it to you in my style. I would prefer you actually own a copy of the book, as this would make me feel a little less used.
    • If I get so much as ONE Cease and Desist letter, this is the category that goes out the window. Hopefully, it never comes to that.

If you want me to read a story that is not in the public domain, you didn't write it, and virtually no one has heard of it:
    Nope. I'm sorry, but I cannot do this. Not going to take that risk.

If you want me to read a series:
    I would you rather not. If you absolutely have to, it will be have to be proposed soundly. Doing a series would be seriously draining and will take a great deal of time to do.

This thread IS Mod-approved. Thanks to @Misty , @cstar , @Captain Rogers . I record with a Rode NT1-A microphone. The whole reason this exists is so I can take a trip to get away for a little bit. I've been living with family too consistently and we all need space. I have been trying to get a job since I've moved, but it's been three months, no luck, and money is running out; let alone enough to plan a small trip somewhere. I normally don't beg for money or work. This is a very different instance. I need this.

Last edited: May 20, 2015