Sinner

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Cin, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Sinner

By Travis
    A.K.A. Cin

PROLOUGE

Trinn the Wizardress sifted through the hundreds of books in her library. All of them, hand written by her. Some were books of spells and rituals, other were personal journals that she kept throughout her entire life. Those were what she was looking for, her journals.
    She finished her search on the second floor, and moved over to the railing, looking over her huge library. There were several floors, all filled with books; the carpets on each floor were a blood red, while the bookcases were made of a red wood themselves. There were at least 50 book cases on each floor and they were all lined up in a perfect way, so that to get to the next book case you’d have to zig zag around the one in front. On every wall, spaced exactly 6 feet apart, hung lanterns, for her library was very dark, but any room would be with no windows. In the middle of each floor, there was a huge square hole, so that you could look down at the floors below, all the way to the bottom. Around each hole ran a large green railing, even on the second floor, which is where Trinn stood now.
    She looked down to the first floor, which was the last for her to search. She had spent the last 3 hours searching the ones above her, and not one of her hundreds of journals were there.
    Trinn leapt over the railing and down to the bottom floor. She landed like a cat, kneeling down at the moment of impact to absorb the fall. She got up and walked over to the nearest bookcase, where she began her search once more.
    Almost 14 minutes later, she finally pulled out a journal of hers, and lucky her, it was the exact one she was looking for, her first.
    She opened the large book, and there were the words she’d written so many years ago.

Day 1

As if from a long sleep, I awoke today. My mind raced as to where I was, and who I was, I could feel nothing, nor see anything, nor hear anything, until our gods first spoke to me. They said:

“Daughter Trinn, first of the angels, first of all things, we welcome you to existence.”

I put my hands over my ears, for when the gods spoke, their voices were incredibly loud. Though my ears felt pain, I was happy, for the dullness before had gone, I could hear!
    Soon after, there was…an explosion, that the only way I could describe it. From nowhere, things just exploded into existence. The first was an immense light, coming from directly in front of me. The gods told me:

“Avert your eyes!”

I quickly looked away, as the gods had said, and from behind, the light began to move upward, above me.
    I finally looked around me now, realizing that I had gained sight. And I was naked, floating in nothingness, darkness all around me, with the light above my head. I looked up to it, for it was the only thing to see, and as I stared at the light, my eyes began to burn, but the gods did not tell me to do anything this time, what they said to me was:

“Sun”

I felt the warmth of the sun on my skin for the first time, but the sun burnt my eyes a little to much, so I looked downward. Blond hair filled my vision, as it hung down my head and over my face. I looked up and grabbed it, anxious to touch it, feel it. It felt strange, stringy and rough, yet soft and silky, as I played around with it, I felt something explode below me, I flipped back my hair and looked down, there was no longer darkness, but a large mass of brown flying up towards me, as it touched me feet, I fell backward, unable to balance. I felt the brown, and it was grainy and soft and cold to the touch. I heard the gods once more:

“Dirt”

I felt the dirt for a while, picking up clumps of it in my hand to get a closer look, but it was not for long, as small hair-like things began to grow from it. They sprouted up and completely covered the dirt, within seconds; all there was was green beneath me. The gods told me the name:

“Grass”

As I felt the grass, staring at it, feeling it, and hearing the sound as I whisked my hands over it, the light became dull, I felt this as the warmth from the sun left me. I looked up to see what was amiss, and there was a canopy of green above, there were dark brown arms holding the canopy up. I followed the arms with my eyes down to one larger arm, sticking out of the grass. I twisted around to look behind me, and there were many other arms like it that had appeared. The Gods gave me the name once more:

“Trees”

There was a small hole in the canopy above, and I could see the rays from the sun shining through. But from behind the sun flashed into existence something blue. A light blue, filled with fluffy swirling puffs of white. The Gods told the name of this wonder:

“Sky”

The gods created many things that day, my favorite was the “Water” that they created near my feet. It felt cold, but I enjoyed it very much. And it was the first time I had noticed my blue eyes, and fine peach skin. I was tall and skinny, with large white things sprouting from my back, the gods called these “Wings”.
    However, the final things the gods created that day were the most amazing. In a flash of light, 8 other creatures, just like me appeared. But some were bigger, others had darker hair, or lighter, some were smaller then me, but we were all the same. As the gods had unified us under one name.

“Angels”

CHAPTER I

Travis ran through the crowded streets of Myrcide, pushing the people out of his way. He ran down alleys and atop rooftops, over peddler wagons and across the small stretches of grass there was. The city was sunny today, full of happiness and cheer. But then again, it was very rarely ever bad. The golden cobblestone streets gleamed in the morning sun, and his white hair blew around in his face as he ran. He was running down the main street today, going down a few alleys here and there for shortcuts. For in Scorlu Plaza, there was a huge event taking place. He could hear the shouts of people from up ahead.
    “This is taking to long! I’m gonna miss it!” Travis veered off to the left now, running straight toward the cabbage peddler’s wagon. The Cabbage man saw him coming, and bent down, leaning over his cabbages to protect them from theft or destruction.
    Travis leapt upward at the last second. He landed one foot on the back of the peddler’s head, and kicked off it onto the tarp of the wagon. He didn’t stop there. Using the momentum from his run, he continued along the tarp, and even up onto the wall of the white and gold building to his left. As he ran along the wall, he went farther up the building, until he was high above the crowds below.
    A few people stared at him in awe as he ran along the side of the building. Not many people knew the art of Parkour, but it was always a spectacle to see the freerunners throughout the city.
    When Travis’ momentum finally began to run low, he kicked off the wall and down into the crowd, though his feet never touched the ground. Before he had been falling for more then 3 seconds, he underwent an amazing transformation. The white hair that hung over his face suddenly spiked upward, and orange energy flared up and swirled around him. From his back, there were two small nubs that appeared. They grew larger and larger, until the back of his shirt ripped open, and large white wings spread outward. And he was off, soaring over the heads of his fellow angels.
    All angels had the ability to conceal their wings underneath the skin of their backs. Most angels keep them hidden, as it’s easier for them to walk without them.
    As Travis flew over there heads, he could hear some angels snorting and commenting on him. “Pfff…show off…” or “Where is that boys parents!?”, or better yet “Jerk!”.
    As he soared over the heads of the people, he could see how many people were there. And from a far off distance he could see a small stage with 9 figures standing on it.
    Travis finally reached the last few people in the crowd, and as he did, he retracted his wings into his back, and landed right in the front.
    The event had already begun, and people were leaving. Not many wanted to fight in the Gods’ Armies. All the demons and terrible beings that they would have to fight, it would be horrible.
    But not Travis. He’d wanted all his life to prove his worth. Being born without parents, he’d always been trying to prove himself to others, trying to make a place for himself in the society of the heavens.
    Up on the stage stood the 9 Angels of Ragnorok. Trinn the Wizardress stood in the front and was obviously the one in charge. Her greenish skin was strange too him, because he’d never seen such an old angel before. She had to be at least 1000000000000 years old.
    When angels reach such an age, there hair has by now fallen out, there skin has turned to a light shade of green, and there eyes have become completely black, no whites and no pupils. Her tattered red robe and black bikini looking outfit looked like it had been shredded to pieces on more then one occasion. However, what surprises most people about an aged angel, is that there bone structure stays exactly the same as when they were young, and there skin never gains a rinkle.
    She had already begun her speech about the protection of the 4 dimensions and all that crap, when Travis had flown in. She had stopped her speech and waited for him to quit distracting the others. As he realized this, in sat down, trying to make himself as not noticeable as possible. She began again:
    “Fellow Myrcidians, re-lend me your ears, for the time of war has come yet again! Dacron’s forces have gone on the move, and we are greatly outnumbered. The demons and devils and horrors of Cretur are powerful foes, and although they’ve never breached the wall of Myrcide, they may this time. We need all the help we can get. The nine armies aren’t enough. We need archers and spies and swordsmen, we need men and women worthy of the title Archangel.”
    And with that, a ball of like appeared to the right of the stage, and Trinn strided off the stage and into it. There were murmurs and whispers in the crowd, most, if not all the angles gathered had come to join the armies. But many seemed unsure of themselves.
    Cretur was a vile and evil place, where only the truly wicked go. People, who in their lives had done horrid deeds, sick and twisted enough to sentence them to an eternity of pain, to make up for the horrors they caused. Humans and Demons and Angels were all sent there if their wrong doings were evil enough. Even the unknown creatures of the 4th dimension were sent there. And any sane person would fear the world of Cretur just a little bit.
    Another Angel of Ragnorok had started to speak, this time it was Tokar, the head of the Arc’s. The blade masters part of the army. He was a tall man, who in form only looked to be about 16. But he was at least 100000 years old. He wore black and white clothes, straps and belts hanging down here and there, and a hood that covered his face. He had a deep dark tan on his arms and legs though. And at his hips were his famous blades, Ristoril and Morshock. He was a man of many words, but today he said very few.
    “Sign ups start tomorrow, bring a weapon.”

CHAPTER II

The next day, after a long and dramatic run through the city, Travis was back where he’d been 24 hours earlier. Staring up at the nine angels of Ragnorok, as they spoke about the war to come. It was pretty much the same speech. A lot of talk about how outnumbered the Myrcidians were and how the Creturans were so fearsome.
    Eventually Colbey the Broad stepped forward and pointed out different spots in the plaza where the Myrcidians could sign up for the armies. After about an hour of waiting in a long line, the last angel signed their name on the contract, and were forever bound to the name Archangel.
    Colbey, a blond and strong angel, yet again stepped forward. His purple and yellow clothes blew in the wind as everyone stared at him. His sword, Harval, hung loosely at his hip.
    “Now that you have all signed away your souls, we can begin to assign you to which army would suit you best. We will hold a small tournament, consisting of only one round. The fights will be one on one battles between you and another randomly selected angel. We will watch you battles, and through them we will decide which army you would excel in.”
    Trinn then made a strange sign with her hands, and held it for a few seconds. She bent down and lightly touched the floor of the stage. There was a small bolt of green electricity that came from the stage at her touch, and a few seconds later a large board seemed to grow from the stage. On it were the names of every angel who had signed up, paired with another angel; evidently the one they had been chosen to fight.
    Each of them approached the board; curious to see who they’d been paired with.
    Travis was paired with someone named Creen. Although he recognized the name, he couldn’t remember who it was. Perhaps it was a new arrival, from Earth. He remembered all the humans who had been given wings at last years ceremonial opening of the gate. But it didn’t no matter, as Colbey had announced the first two angels to be judged.
    The two walked out of the crowd and into a small circle that Tokar had scraped in the middle of the street with Morshock. Everyone was directed to the sidewalks where they would watch the fights.
    The two stood facing each other at opposite ends of the circle, their weapons at the ready. Tokar stood between them, with Ristoril raised above his head. He had a big grin on his face, as if he had something interesting planned. All eyes were on him, and so they all noticed him vanish. Everyone looked around to see where he’d disappeared to, but suddenly a gust of wind erupted from in-between the combatants, blowing everyone back a few inches, and knocking down one of the fighters. Apparently this signaled for the battle to begin.
    The one fighter that was standing lunged at the one on the ground. The one on the ground rolled out of the way and the standing one’s blade hit the golden street. The one on the ground got up and raised his weapon. And just in time too, as the other leaped forward and made a wide arc with it’s sword. The blades collided and sparks flew.
    For 4 hours at the least, the battles went this way. Hundreds of angels’ blades collided, over and over again till there were only a few left who had not been judged and placed. Tokar signaled for the beginning of each battle in a different way as well, which kept everyone on their toes. Sometimes there were explosions, other times there were bolts of lightening, in one particularly interesting battle, Tokar summoned a golden dragon from the street, it almost devoured both of the fighters.
    But in any case, it was now Travis’s turn. Colbey had been calling names all day, and at this point he wasn’t very enthusiastic. He said Travis’s name quietly, barely loud enough for anyone to hear, and said Creen’s name in the same tone.
    They both pushed the crowds of people out of the way, to the large circle where they were designated to fight. Most eyes weren’t on them, as the day had been long and most of the young Myrcidians wanted to socialize with their soon-to-be army mates.
    As Travis walked into the circle, so did Creen. Creen wore a green cloak, and underneath a green t-shirt and green shorts with green pants underneath those. He had a green straw hat strapped to his head, and a quiver of at least 20 arrows strapped to his back. He had a green short bow in his left hand.
    Tokar was already standing between them, a huge grin on his face. The crowd leaned forward, and Travis and Creen got ready for anything that Tokar might do. He just stood there smiling, looking around at everyone. He stood there for a full minute, and the tension was mounting, everyone had become a little frightened by now. But suddenly…
    “Begin…”. Everyone winced as Tokar whispered it, waiting for some sort of dramatic explosion or for Tokar to steal the combatants’ weapons and run. But Tokar just walked out of the circle and up onto the stage. Everyone was staring at him, including Travis and Creen, a few jaws had dropped, and Tokar’s grin was as huge as ever.
    When he sat down and noticed all the eyes on him, he shrugged and pointed at the circle where Travis and Creen stood.
    Travis laughed a bit then looked back at Creen, only to see and arrow fly into his left shoulder…

CHAPTER 3

Travis ducked down as 3 more arrows followed the first. He looked up to see Creen knocking another arrow onto his bow.
    Travis unsheathed his small dagger just in time to block the arrow as Creen let go of the bowstring.
    Creen fired several more arrows in one volley, but Travis spun out of the way and began running towards Creen.
    As Creen quickly fired more arrows, Travis dodged them, moving left to right, in and out of the way of the arrows.
    After a while, Travis finally came within range of Creen, he spun and held out his blade, reaching for Creen’s neck. But Creen jumped back, knocking another arrow. He let it fly, but hit only air, as Travis spun out of the way once more. Creen let his last arrow fly. But Travis followed up his spin by throwing his dagger at the oncoming arrow, hitting it head on and spinning both of them out.
    Travis ran and leapt, grabbing both his dagger and the arrow before they hit the ground, running straight for Creen.
    Creen was surprised and swaggered backwards a little as Travis ran towards him.
    As Travis came in range he lunged and stabbed with the arrow. Creen, still a little stunned took it in the thigh. Creen fell forward onto his knees, while Travis grabbed Creen’s arm and swung up onto his back, renching it upward to the back of Creen’s neck.
    Creen cried out in pain, but Travis continued.
    He grabbed the arrow from his shoulder and pulled it out, twirling it around in his fingers, it now pointed downward from his clenched fist.
    Still holding tight on Creen’s arm, he stabbed down and into the back of Creen’s head.
    You could hear a small ting sound as the arrow flew backward and out of Travis’s hand. There was a small dent in Creen’s straw hat, although it was apparently not straw at all, but dense and hard metal wires, painted green and weaved together.
    Travis was now the one stunned, letting go of Creen’s arm. Creen took the opportunity to take the arrow from his thigh and spin backward, getting to his feet and knocking Travis off. Creen now stood facing Travis.
    Travis regained control and took his dagger, lunging at Creen, he was about to slice his neck open when…
    “STOP!!!”. The voice could be heard all round the street. Trinn had leapt to her feet as Travis lunged, and Travis stopped moving. Not that he meant to, for some sort of magic was stopping him from moving another inch. Trinn’s eyes glowed a pale red.
    He looked back at Creen again, and noticed he had his arm stright out, and arrow in his hand, centimeters from Travis’s neck. If Travis had followed through on the attack, they would have both died.
    “This is not what any of us wanted! Death was not what we were trying to accomplish! We are trying to figure out which army you’d do well in, not watching some sort of cage death match like those ******* Creturans!”
    Trinn sat back down now, her eyes returning to normal. Travis felt control moving back into his body.. Creen lowered the arrow and looked up to the nine Angels of Ragnorok, up on the stage. Travis did the same.
    Trinn spoke again. “Now, Creen, you are assigned to Disa’s group, the long range warriors. And Travis, speak with Tokar. Once the remaining battles are over.”
    Travis ripped a piece of his shirt off, tying it around his shoulder and walking back to his place in the crowd.
    He heard a huge explosion and a tinging of blades behind him as the remaining battles began.

CHAPTER 4

“What do you mean!?”
    “You cannot join any army.”
    “But-“
    “I’m sorry Travis, but you don’t fit in anywhere. Your fighting style is strange and you fight with a dagger. No part of the army trains Myrcidians to battle the way you do.”
    Travis stood, face to face with Tokar, the final battles had finished long ago, and the once crowded street looked like a deserted back alley. They both stood on the stage, the 8 other Angels of Ragnorok talking amongst themselves on a few yards away.
    “But can’t you train me to fight another way?”
    “This whole thing was to find well-trained angels that we could send out into battle as soon as they joined. It’d take far too long to train you, months even. We can’t go that far out of the way, just to train one warrior.”
    “But that’s not fair! I can still fight!”
    “Think about it, how long did it take you to almost beat Creen?”
    “At least a couple minutes…”
    “Exactly. We’re so outnumbered here, that each one of our angels would have to kill at least 200 demons before they die. You can’t do that with a dagger.”
    Travis scowled at this, not only was he being rejected from the army, he was being insulted about his strength!
    As if reading his mind, Tokar raised his hands a bit and waved them around in a sign of apology.
    “No no no! I’m not saying you’re weak or anything, you fight very well, but your weapon will not get you very far in war.”
    “Well…what if I got a different weapon?”
    “If you can get it by tomorrow morning, which is when we head off to the Fields of Wrath, as well as master the weapon, then I’ll consider. At least make it bigger then a shortsword, kay?”
    Travis nodded, content with this.
    “Okay then, off with you…”
    Travis took off as soon as Tokar finished speaking.
    He knew for a fact that he couldn’t get a new weapon and master it by tomorrow morning, there was just no way. He was broke, so he couldn’t afford anything, and it’s not like someone was just gonna give him one. Nor would one fall out of the sky, or he run into one, or anything ridiculous like that.
    He ran down the street, and into the maze of alleyways he’d become so familiar with.

It was almost night now, the sun sat on the horizon, shedding it’s last few rays and bathing the beautiful white and gold city in orange and yellow. The shadows of the buildings were long, and so was Travis’s.
    He knew that soon the city would light up, and the night angels would come out, and the dark market would open for the night, perhaps he could find some loose change, and find something cheap there.
    He ran down one particularly long alley, the windows of the buildings on both sides of him were already shining with the light from within. On one side of the alley was a long line of trash, it smelled awful, but Travis was used to it, he had run down this alley every day on his way to and from school.
    He rounded the corner onto another alley and the light from a window glinted off something silvery in a bag of trash a little ways down. It caught his eye almost immediately after rounding the corner, and he slowed down his run to investigate.
    Travis rummaged through the trash a bit, till he got hold of something cold and metallic, he pulled it out, thinking it may be the thing that had reflected the light.
    What he pulled out was the most beautiful weapon he’d ever seen. The dark blue shaft of the staff was encrusted with sapphires, and a black molding made graceful and swirling designs up to the blades on both ends. The blades had the same sapphiric designs on them as well. The double bladed staff was in great quality; he wondered why ANYONE would throw something like it out.
    He had the urge to play around with it, so he did, swinging it around in circles and cutting through trash bags. He realized how easy it was to fight with; it was light and perfectly balanced.
    Words and commands shot through his head, telling him what to do next. He often thought things like “parry, block, strike now!”, or “spin, block, block, wide arc, leap, roll, back stab!”, when he fought with his dagger. And to his surprise he had thoughts similar to these now. He played around for at least an hour, nearling destroying everything in the alley, until finally he stopped, looking up to the roof, he knew it’d be better to practice up there, if he kept this up he’d get in a lot of trouble.
    He leapt upward onto the roof, using a technique known as aeroga to lift the air beneath him and propel him upward. Up there he found that it was pitch black now, the sun was gone, and the night angels would soon be walking the streets.
    He felt the shaft of the staff again, running his hands down it to feel it’s perfection. “Well I guess I don’t have to go buy something now.” He laughed a bit and played around a some more.
    He found himself pulling off spectacular moves, as if he’d mastered the weapon years ago, he laughed the whole time. The blade swung round and round, whipping through the air and making a high pitched whistle as it sliced through the air.
    Suddenly, out of nowhere, he heard someone shout something. He couldn’t place where it had come from, but there was a bit of an echo, so perhaps it had come from the alleyway. He looked down but found no one. He heard it again. This time louder and clearer.
    He turned around quickly, holding out the staff in an attack position, ready for some sort of twisted night angel to leap out at him. But there was no one there. He heard it again, and could not understand it completely.
    “CIN!”
    He realized now where it had come from, his thoughts. The voice screamed again and again, louder and louder, faster and faster, and he could feel it radiating from somewhere deep in his mind.
    There was a huge pain in his head, a searing pain that made him drop to his knees. He felt like his brain was being carved out with a knife. He grabbed his head, not letting go of the staff.
    The voice continued to repeat the word over and over again, and each time the pain grew worse, he began to feel his consciousness slip away. He felt the pain still there, but it seemed distant, as did everything else, his hands dropped him his head, and hung loose at his side, yet somehow still gripping the staff.
    He fell forward onto his face, and could feel a small burst of pain now, but not from the voice, the voice had grown quiet and peaceful. He lay flat on the roof, the staff in his right hand. He closed his eyes, and colors filled his vision, then nothing, nothing but the voice. And the last thing he remembered hearing was the voice, saying the word one last time…

“Cin”

(Chapter 5 will be up Thursday)

2. Roxas OG

This is only so good because of my sweet editing skillz ;).

J/k, a little, this is interesting and I want more!

3. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Okay, all you fans out there...>.>

Chapter 1 is now up, so enjoy!^^

4. Akio Traverse Town Homebody

For those of you who know.... you know... =P
    Wow! I can't wait for more. It's really grabbing my attention. *Bounces right out from his chair*

5. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Thanks, glad to know I have fans. Now I need some more! XD

Come one come all! Read my super cool story!!!

Please?

6. Tallian Banned

In all truth and seriousness...........I like it! Gimme more!:eek:

7. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

lol, thanks man! :D

If only others would read it... /:

Anyway, the next few chapters will be coming anytime from now till Tuesday, so keep a close watch.;)

8. Roxas OG

This is interesting, I hope the next chapter goes into more depth!

9. Kuroudo King's Apprentice

This is really great Cin! Can't wait for more...

10. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Thanks guys!^^

I'm looking forward to everyone's reactions to chapter 2, it's really cool in my opinion.

11. Roxas OG

As cool as two bananas?

Probably.

Anyway, I hope for ch.2 soon,a nd wil spend the time waiting getting more posts, doing more chores and writing more KHVR ;).

12. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Chapter 2 is up guys, so enjoy...;)

13. Roxas OG

OMG, such a cliff-hanger. I hope you don't, like,lose from that arrow in your shoulder or something.

14. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Okay guys Chapter 3's up, so enjoy the fight of Creen and Travis!:D

15. Roxas OG

I thought you were going to kill him, literally. And then loads of thoughts went through my head. But then you didn't XD.

Good chapter, though.

16. Rikku Hollow Bastion Committee

wow, that was awsome cin I really enjoyed it!

17. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Kay Guys! Woo! Chapter 4 is finally up!!!:D

(Please enjoy!:) )

18. Kuroudo King's Apprentice

Wow, this story is getting better and better. Keep it up bro. ;) (I learned to say bro, from you. :p)

19. Mish smiley day!

I finally got round to reading it. ^_^;;

And I find it to be awesome, keep it up!

20. Kuroudo King's Apprentice

We want more chapters! lol j/k man. This is really cool though. :)